Reviews for Saving Sammy
Nash Carter chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
that was so sweet. loved little sammy. and dean going back into big brother mode. thanks :)
WofOZ chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Awesome short, I think it really embodied the show and the characters. If Kripke's reading this... THIS IS HOW I WANT IT TO GO ON THE ACTUAL SHOW! Lol...

Well done.
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
For some reason, my favorite line is Sam asking "You're on your way?"

I've been on that end of the phone, both ends of that phone and it's as much a relief to be the one on the way to help as it is to be the one waiting for help to arrive.

I like how you let Dean connect with the Sammy that he could still unequivocally love and trust and want to protect, need to protect. Because we all know that that Sammy still does exist inside.

I also like that Dean was reluctant to help Sam not because he didn't want to, but because he wasn't sure he could. It's hard to realize that maybe you're not still Superman. (Or in Dean's case - Batman)

I wouldn't mind a sequel!

CB
wcfan chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I want to review but I don't know where to start.

Using 10-year-old Sammy to get through to Dean is pure gold. Everything he said was filled with so much innocence even when he's talking about things like Lucifer and Dean killing him.

A part of Sam really does go there doesn't it? Back to that scared 10 year old. Especially now since he's so lost and needs his big brother. Of course, Dean's being a dick and acting like he doesn't care. But that's canon.

I like the pause that adult Sammy had before telling Dean what Lucifer had said. He's not hiding anything from Dean anymore which is good. Sam still has the Dean-will-make-everything-ok outlook. That's the Sammy we know.

The whole story had more Dean in it but all I'm talking about it Sam. LOL. Umm...I'm glad that he let his wall break. Who is he trying to kid? A freaking angel who just started learning human feelings knows that he wants Sam back.

What's with the flappy angel wings? *raises eyebrow* Can't it be done from far, far away?
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
First: What the heck is up with the two word reviews on now? I leave for a couple months and everything shifts into blandly succinct grunts?

Sorry, I'm just surprised. And this story deserves more than two words. :)

First of all, the opening line was fantastic. I mean, I'm not sure you could have started with something better than a “Dean. Wake up you jerk," from little Sammy. Made my heart melt and soothed the irritation in me yelling at Dean to knock the apathetic act off. Nicely done!

I loved little Sam's admission that he was scared and that he needed Dean to save him. Just about cracked my heart open.

"You promised that as long as you were around that I would be fine. I’m not fine. I’m alone and I’m scared.” Awesome line. EXACTLY what I was thinking. You hit the nail on the head, here. I applaud you. ~clap, clap, clap~

"You have to come and get me. I’m so scared. I don’t know what to do. You’ll know how to fix it." Dig that knife in a little deeper, why doncha? Loved this - it's kind of what I see beneath Sam's hardened exterior now. Very nicely worded.

-“You don’t love me anymore?” the mini Sam whispered and tried to rub the tears from his eyes, but they continued to flow down his face despite his efforts.- Every time I think I can't get sadder, you pull something like this! Kudos! :D

“You can kill me.” Whoa, I got a bit of a shock with that coming out of little Sammy's mouth. Way creepy, but it had a completely awesome effect. Kind of like...it threw me a little off balance, like driving down a road and hitting a dip you didn't see, and then that whooshy stomach feeling. If this is unclear, feel free to ignore it.

"Everything would be okay. Dean was coming. He would protect them. He would know what to do. He would save him, even if it meant destroying him." I'm thinking that that's a major possibility. It's sad, it's all noble and everything, but I don't know... if there was one thing I used to believe about Dean, it was that he couldn't kill and couldn't live without his brother. I don't believe either of those anymore, sadly. Awesome closing sentence. It left just the right flavor at the end.

This story is completely entertaining, which is exactly what I look for in a fic. And addressing this issue with ten-year-old Sam was great!
Phx chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
That was sweet. Dean really does need to remember his little brother because that kid is still inside the big Sam and right now they are both freaked out. And I loved the hint that the angels - possibly Castiel - had something to do with it.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
I liked how you started this story
Lbdba chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Loved it, very insightful!

Corina
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
As much as I like the idea of Dean shifting gears back into brotherly protect mode it seems too easy.

Lucifer appeared in the form of Sam's greatest love, Jess, to enter his dreams and spell out his intentions to Sam.

Who's to say that in order to smoke Dean out of hiding he used the one thing that Dean could not say no to? And the image of Sam as the little vulnerable brother "Sammy" would push all of Deans big brother buttons (LOL)

So fess up are you going to pull a switcharoo and have Dean walking into a trap?

Oh yeah the phone call. Well, if the angels messed with Dean's phone communications before to put that false message in Sam's voice mail that lead him over the edge to fulfill their plans of killing Lilith, why couldn't Lucifer set up a fake contact message for Dean to hear when he called Sam's phone this time?

Or am I just being jaded by Kripke's convoluted plot lines?
klutzysunshine chapter 1 . 9/28/2009