Reviews for Set in Stone
Quiet Hiker chapter 1 . 3/7
I wonder if the tattoo disappears when they return… I would think so, since they return to being children again. But I wonder if it returns perhaps when they go to Aslan's Country?

Interesting idea! I have no strong opinions about tattoos: I think people can do whatever they want if they're not forcing them on other people. I think Peter got tattoos for all the right reasons, though. I love how it makes him confident enough to go shirtless after that!
Ariyah chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
I'm not an advocate for tats and most piercings, but I respect you for respecting both sides of the argument.
On a totally unrelated note, I had to try quite hard to bottle my laughter. Multiple. Times. Even serious conversations had me snickering at the underlying humour. How you and others who write as well as you manage it, I wish I could know (though, pardon my Puddleglum moment, I doubt I ever shall).

Ariel_of_Narnia
Valery Kreiss chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
This is, by far, one of the best Narnia one-shots I've read! Utterly hilarious and absolutely precious. You make the best Peter/Edmund brotherfics, I swear. The banter between the siblings are comedic but foremost meaningful. Your characterization and writing-style together blends non-surprisingly well, always seeming to make everything so very believable. Reads could just SEE this happening with the way you've pictured it. It's amazing! By gods, I don't even find it difficult to imagine Peter getting a tattoo after reading this. It's actually endearing how he shows the fullness of his faith and love to both Narnia and his brother. And I'm glad that Ed gives Peter the chance.

As for whether tattoos are good or bad...I, personally, am not against it. Others actually get a tattoo because the act and art itself has meaning for them. Who am I to judge? As you said, it's all about the motive. And for those who gets a tattoo just for the heck of it, well, I can't just suddenly come up to them and start preaching in their face now, can I? That's just rude. Anyway, I mean, as long as it's not my skin getting painfully inked, I'm totally cool with that. HAHA. As for a piercing, I have one so I can't say I'm against either. I just think some body parts are...more appropriate [?] to pierce than others, ya know, if you get what I mean.

Edmund getting a piercing though...yup, totally not complaining. The imagery is lovely. YEHEY!

All my kudos goes to you! And I sincerely hope to see more of your stories soon :) Ah, by the way, have you ever written an original story because I'd love to read one of your projects if you have! You're a great writer and I am more than curious to see more of your works.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
This made me laugh SO HARD. It was absolutely perfect. The banter, the underlying closeness that the four of them obviously have, all of it. PERFECTION. I loved it.
Bronze Cat chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Loved this! Hopefully the tattoo will vanish when they go back to England; can't imagine Mrs Pevensie being too pleased to discover her eldest son is inked up! A piercing is so much easier to hide.
And thanks for teaching me a new word! It's an awesome one! :D
Athena Silverwolf chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I do like the design of the tattoo, though I am wondering why wings? I like the story; it's a very brother-centric idea. It's also well written and I didn't catch any mistakes.
SSwish chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Very nicely done. I love the image of Peter getting a representation of his ties to Narnia and to Aslan actually does seem in character, especially for movie-verse Peter . The crown, Aslan and the sword are nicely chosen, as is the representation of Ed and even Susan, but where's Lucy? If you meant for Lucy to be represented by the same wing as Susan it seems pretty unfair to me, as she is not shown to be empty-headed

As to Ed's piercing, I think it seems a bit out of character, but I don't really think that's a problem. I do have to wonder what happens when they go back to England. Hope to see more from yu soon.

Susan S
Allie Danger chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Nice fanfic..
I dont know if i miss something..
but im intrigued for Edmund's tatoo..

Bye
myrddin767 chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
awesome
Narnia-Bound chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Hehe! This is one of favorite interactions between Peter and Edmound. I have read this a few times and I laugh out loud everytime! Sorry I didn't review sooner! Good job!
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Very interesting. I don't know what their mother would say when they returned to "Spare-Oom" with a tattoo and a piercing, respectively, but it was interesting. Your writing is very good, and it made me laugh more than once. A unique twist added to the Golden Age.
allanfrontrow chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Hi

I've just wandered into Narnia from Harry Potter land thanks to an author with an interest in both (Mists). If there is one thing I'm good at it's wandering off into the undergrowth.

This is a very good fic - both well thought out and well written but why oh why do boys/men have to faint when getting their ears pierced? It's getting very old you know.

The pro and con arguments about tattoos was very well articulated, so thanks for that.

Are tattoos good or bad - or does niether term apply.

I personally have several tattoos and had my left ear pierced (no fainting) and don't believe that they need any deep meaning.

That being said I would not have any clan markings such as Maori or Celtic or Native American as I am not of these peoples. I do however have no problem with my tattoo that identifies me as English and that I believe the English to be the paramount nation that makes up the United Kingdom.

As for ear rings - I no longer wear them as I managed to destroy the hole during a Rugby match years ago. My wife wasn't too upset as she didn't like me wearing them.

Cheers,

Al

PS This became a bit of a ramble - sorry.

Al.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I liked this One-Shot. I'm glad Peter got to keep his tattoo, and i can imagine Edmund with an ear-ring. By the way he described it, it sounded like Edmund had a tattoo himself. :)
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
While I was reading the definition, my stomach decided to burbyma-whatsit-thingy. You know what I mean.

Personally I believe that tatoos are okay... I would never get one myself, but if someone wants one...

Piercings, in my opinion, make much more sense because if you take out the ear-ring (or whatever) then it all but disapears. It's much less permanent.

I love how Ed can't remember Daba-rash's name, reminds me of Caspian and Lord... Umm, I can't remember his name either. The one on the Lone Islands.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Baakthatsthenoiseachickenmakes chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I loved this! Written very well :)

I like your idea of bringing something so common as tattoos and piercings in our world into Narnia, but giving it all the necessary flair that tells you everything is more special in Narnia.

This was adorable. And I did not think the ending weak.

-Baak