Reviews for Of Heartache and Hats
HPFanFictionFan chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
If this doesn't deserve a review no fic does! How come I haven't read it before. Shame on me!
I LOVED IT - what a wonderful idea, carried out in perfect writing style. THANKS for sharing!
strafica chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I adore the way that you write Augusta Longbottom. :)
wheresthewolf chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Your stories are making Augusta Longbottom one of my favorite characters! Good story!
mworth1019 chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
well done! This was a great story.. loved the interaction..thanks
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
This interaction was really unexpected. I never imagine to have any kind of relationship with the twins but you wrote this extremely well! Awesome writing, and I think you wrote George handling his greif perfectly! Anyways, you wrote all the characers perfect, as always. I know you're probably tired of reading my reviews (I probably reviewed like half your stories in one sitting) but your stories are too good to resist! My favourite part from this:

George promptly spat his eggs all over the table. Really, there was such a thing as too much information, and the last thing he wanted to be thinking about was Augusta Longbottom's first bra.

That was hilarious! You have a real talent for mixing humour with emotion really well! Anyways, good job! :)

~Analie~
Ganjapanda chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
You made me cry and laugh, and stay up way too late just to finish this! You have an amazing ability to capture emotions, and really put the reader in the moment. I would love to see more of George and Mrs. Longbottom.
Emily chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Still fabulous, despite the darker tones. George was right: the part about the brassiere was WAY too much information. I had an impromptu coughing fit after reading that one. : )

I also loved the commentary during the award ceremony. Poor Harry. Poor Ron. And Rita Skeeter running through the Ministry half-naked! Too much. : )
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
This moved me to tears, seriously. It was so lovely and sad. And yet a lot of parts made me laugh, like the "ginger yeti" comment and Mrs. Longbottom's first bra. Also love the explanation of why she has a vulture on her hat.

I was mad at JKR for killing Fred, but this story has helped me come to terms with it. George will be all right as long as he leans on his friends and family - and has long as he remembers they need him, too.
shadowtrickster93 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
awesome! it's an unlikely pairing, George and Mrs. Longbottom, but you made me think 'wow, why hasn't anyone thought of that sooner?' brilliant, i loved it!

i do hope you write more - i've really been enjoying your Neville fics lately. :)
HarlequinRaven chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
Brilliant characterisation of George. Utterly fantastic. In fact, the most charactery characterisation I've read since JK herself. :)

Also, your Augusta was on top form, as always. ;) You've really made me like the woman, you know. I've taken a real shine to her and her vulture. Nice backstory for the vulture, by the way. :D

Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT.

Raven. x
Cyrril Volkov chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Stories like this one is keep me from quitting on reading fanfiction..I love the easy, flowing style in which it is written, the way you actually get to know the characters in depth, even the minor ones like Percy, Harry or Frank are depicted in a manner that makes them real to the reader and not just a background prop for the main characters..I must admit I have never read a fanfiction featuring Augusta and I simply love what you did with her..haven't read Educating Rita, but I most definitely will after reading this piece..what can I say except, brilliantly done and hope you'll keep it up
Mari Knickerbocker chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
it may have not been as light hearted but it was still enjoyable. you have a very good grasp on these characters. all in all nicely done
Pimpernel Princess chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Poor, poor George. I love these little "mini-sequels" that you give us. You always include some of my favorite characters. I especially enjoyed the part when Augusta compared George and his unkempt state to Mundungus Fletcher. HAHAHA! Percy and George's fight was hearbreaking but true to life. The poor boys! I also enjoyed the daydream charms that George made for Augusta. Brilliant! It never ocurred to me that there would have been a ceremony at the ministy to honor the combatants at the battle of Hogwarts-perfectly done, as each character got up to recieve their due.

Question: Is there a rule about portraits of a witch or wizard done after death? I know that Dumbledore's portrait was in his office as soon as he died, but according to canon (or you opinion) how does that work? ;)

May the muse grace you again soon (giving you a view of Augusta's confrontation with Dwalish-hehehehehehehe!),

PP
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
You have done it again. You have created a wonderfully poignant, tear-jerking, yet insanely entertaining view into Harry Potter's world, spending time on people who seriously don't get enough air time.

I understand George's explosion, and Percy's hurt, and George's curling in on himself. And I love how you have turned the lady who is swiftly becoming one of my favorite matronly witches into a warm character, who is probably the only human being who could have made George see sense.

I like what you did with all of the awards. Two of my favorites were what you did with Professor Snape and Harry. (I'm sure he WOULD have felt like the 'prize cow paraded in front of the local farmers.') The reissuing of the Merlin Order First Class for Professor Dumbledore was nicely done.

All of them were tastefully done, and exactly as I would have imagined them (especially as they were reworked or explained by YOUR various and sundry fics on the subject).

The fact that Ron is more annoyed that they mentioned his middle name than he is proud of the award is perfect. Nicely done.

Thank you for this fic. You are something special, Ms. Aunty.

Sincerely,

Miriam
TruckerRon chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Well, I managed not to cry in front of anyone while reading this. I did go ahead and laugh several times. It WAS up to your usual standards!