Reviews for We Were Nomads, Bathed in Concrete
aj79k40 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wow, really cool story. I don't normally read one-shots but I'm glad I read this. I'm glad its sort of a HEA and I'm glad the roles were reversed. I always like stories where Edward is infactuated. Hopefully you'll write another the next time you get writers block.
anthi34 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
OMG!OMG!I cried my eyes out!It was soo beautifull...Seriously..Especially the end..Congrats...
dmc123 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009 You should NEVER, EVER stop writing! That was heartbreakingly beautiful. Probably the best thing I have read on FF. I know you said that it is complete, but this would make for an amazing full length story, though you probably already know that. Plus, less can be more and you already packed so much into this piece. Gah- am I rambling? I'm still blubbering.

I loved how you portrayed how any little shift can completely change your destiny. And how you never really know other people's truths. And your imagery...oh my god! I could picture everything, and you even had me imagining the smell of her trucks upholstery. Incredible story! Thank you for sharing!
outtayourface chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This was great! I love your writing style. Can't wait to read more of your work. And I agree, I love ADF!
Rochelle Allison chapter 1 . 9/29/2009

that was so excellent! not that i had any doubt about your writing ability, oxy, but this was so fantastic, so seperate from anything IVO, so unique and was a tiny story, and it ended just when it should have: leaving me begging inside, thirsting for more. but this is best, as a oneshot. preserves its integrity.

i cried. when he was in the meadow, working through his anguish, i cried for him and then i was so incredibly shocked when she showed up. shocked and ecstatic.

beautiful. my heart seriously ached for edward in this.
squarepancake chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
So heartbreakingly well written. Though I love IVO and am anxious for an update, your writing is also welcome in any form. Except appellate briefs. No one likes those.
ValiumWaltzes chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This was excellent, and ended exactly as I hoped it would!
MtAiryGrl chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Holy cow. Didn't expect THAT. This is an AMAZING ONE SHOT. It immediately goes to my list of "need to nominate for an award" list.
sunpoet chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This was so painful, Oxy. Edward's emotions felt so fresh and raw, it was almost unbearable. I hoped Bella would somehow come back to Edward, but I had no idea how without it being contrived or hokey. Then, I read that Bella was the one who was turned and I can't believe I missed the obvious answer. Thank you so much for giving these two a happy ending. As always, excellent writing.
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Oxy, I know you won't agree with this because you're always so damn humble- but you are a freaking genius. This is beautiful, the way you've woven these words together, the depth of the characters you've written, no matter how minor they may be to the story. Why are you wasting time in law school? Who needs people to defend them in court? Psht, we need awesome authors like you to get busy writing more stories.
meeyouhear chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I read this in the morning before class and didn't get a chance to review until now. I had to stop the tears so I could actually go to class. This was beautiful, I LOVED it. It seemed so real. I was tearing up from the beginning. Beautifuly written.
KNG1986 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Amazing, thank you.
mylovelybones chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
that was amazing.. I do wish, however, that you would turn it into something mulit chaptered... :D:D
jvegas chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
"I am dying, Bella. Save me."

This is the point where I had to gasp and turn away from the computer before the knot in my throat turned into tears. I was completely lost in Edward's emotions while I was reading. I thought his "voice" was so clear and strong. Thank you for taking the time to write and sharing it.

This story is a great reminder of why I read twi-FF in the first place. (And why the first story I followed was IVO.)
Luucy-K chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Question. How on this forsaken piece of rock in our part of the Universe do you do it? Clinically speaking, they are just letters forming words, that are put together into sentences to convey pictures in one's mind. Yet, here I am, inexplicably moved.

I am not an emotional reader, the only book that truly made me cry was 'The Little Prince' in the end. But I cried like it was my own tragedy during your entire story. I even had to stop a couple of times because it all became too much for me. You made me feel what he did, and it's a good thing. Obviously.

I love the way you phrase things, your use of words (and I'm including IVO in this, too). And, after reading this oneshot, I wonder why you don't do it professionally, you are so good at this. But I know I'm crossing a line here, so I'm saying no more that particular subject.

Anyway, I liked this story very much. Quite honestly, I liked it more than even IVO (and that one is one of my favorites). And I normally don't come out of lurking to say things like this. So there.
335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »