Reviews for We Were Nomads, Bathed in Concrete
Suburban Sun chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Oxy, I love your writing. Seriously, I've missed it in the long weeks since IVO updated (no rush!). This was great.
jasperFiend chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wow, just wow, you do realize how awesome this could be or another one shot of bella making edward and his reactions, you could do this so well!

But ok, its all good if you just gave us this, because this girlfriend was beyond incredible. I realized half way through there was so much left to go then I began to have an inkling that maybe just maybe you might be going there and you did!

Thank you so much for sharing.

TabithaAbraham chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wow, what a great story. I loved how Edward tells the story of how he fell for Bella and how he tries to forget her too. Interesting premise. Thanks for writing. :D
katyc chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
This is amazing. Love your writing. Thank you.
ktsgran chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I loved this. Thank you JPL
Raewright chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Like this a lot! Thanks!
ArsenalFan chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Gah... This story is amazing. The bit where Edward's by the gravestone, followed by the bit in the meadow is perfect.

Good luck with the wedding :)
bunnysue chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
WOW! part of me wishes there were more because it moves me so much, but most of me believes it is just "PERFECT"...
Unchanged Affections chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
As always... your writing is utterly fantastic! Thank you for sharing! I loved every word of this story
Lillybellis chapter 1 . 9/29/2009

I thought I would cry, but I didn't, so at least I still have my dignity, right? Beautifully written, as always. I loved it, and this was time well spent.

One thing, however, disappoints me. THE LACK OF ZOMBIES.

C'MON. :)

spazmatazz chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Oh my goodness, but that was fantastic!

This Bella is impossible not to love. You have such a beautiful way of evoking emotion from your writing, I think I was mourning the loss of Bella almost as much as Edward.

I especially loved this: “I met a girl last week,” he tells her. “You’d hate her. I do, too, actually, but I keep trying to get back on the horse. She’s not funny, Bella; her jokes are all of the knock-knock variety. Her favorite movie is Maid in Manhattan. She eats fried rice with a spoon and smacks her lips after each fucking bite. And she’s the best one I’ve gone out with in over a year.”

Funny and so bittersweet at the same time. And of course, this: "Edward suddenly feels annoyed; they’re eavesdropping on a private conversation and he wants to tell them to mind their own business and leave him alone with the love of his life."

broke my heart (and brought on the waterworks!).

I was hoping against hope that he might see her again in some way, so when Bella appeared in the meadow you made me ecstatic. I absolutely love the role reversal and Bella watching Edward. So true to character- no matter who's who, they can't be apart.

Reading this made me remember what I love so much about Twilight. Thank you for sharing!
jandco chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
oh! holy crap! I LOVE IT. Never, ever have i teared up at a oneshot-until today. Edward's dialogue at her grave was just tragically perfect and this story validates what I always think: Nothing is more sad than lost potential. When you're grieving over something that never even blossomed, BUT COULD HAVE. gah. AND THE TWIST! love the role reversal, oxy.
Ronaldannk chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Beautiful. This story had me crying like a fool. I'm also glad to hear that IVO is not abandoned. I'll wait patiently for chapter 36. Congratulations and good luck with you wedding!
random anon891 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Oxy, thank you for the morning dose of angst. :) This is a lovely o/s and just proves why I'll read anything you write.
Nicffwhisperer chapter 1 . 9/29/2009