Reviews for Idiot's Paradise
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Nice to read the boys get back together story...my favorite line was this "“He won’t get pie,” Dean groused. Then his eyes softened and all pretenses slipped away. “And,” he cleared his throat, his words honest, “he ain’t you…" totally Dean and totally perfect...
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I'll admit I found this story right after you posted, but was tired and for a moment wasn't sure when I started to read it.

I was surprised at how Dean acted at the beginning of your story. It was rough to read. I know both brothers have been at fault this past year, but I would hope Dean wouldn't turn Sam away if he ever received a phone call like that from his brother.

Yet, you do one of the best jobs of writing the brothers. I did love the worried Dean and than his anger over finding out some hunters had hurt Sam.

I think I was as shocked as Dean over how he found Sam, chained, beaten and whipped.

The moment when Dean faced the hunter holding the whip, the whip that had been used on Sam. I wanted Dean to shoot him, so thank you.

Some great lines in your story, loved Dean's thoughts after he got Sam in the backseat of the Impala, 'Sasquatches didn’t fit very well in backseats, he admitted sadly, then cast a glance at the empty passenger seat next to him, they fit perfectly somewhere else…'

Another great moment between the brothers was when 'Sam reached out. Dean met him half way, carefully grasping the shaking hand that was offered.' - 'Sam was sorry but so was he...Sam was his brother… and that was enough.'

Loved the ending -'Big brother was back on duty. And damn it felt good.

As soon as Sam was on his feet again, they’d find the Colt, if it was even around to be found. It was time to kick some ass. Together.'

Yes! The brothers need to be together.

Even if Kripke continues to torture us, at least we have some wonderful writers who will find a way to get the brothers back together.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Until next time, take care.
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Great story! Thanks for helping me have something to read while waiting for the new episode!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I love it... and i don't care how it happens at this point they need to get back together before this fandom goes crazy... let me correct that.. more crazy LOL. great job on this on i enjoyed it very much!
TraSan chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Yes, yes, yes, a thousand flaming ducks, yes! I think we've been patient enough, dognabbit. Those boys need to get back together...now! :D

I really enjoyed this, Phx (if you missed it). LOL

I honestly believe Dean wants to be back in that big brother role and Sam wants to reunite with Dean (they both do).

Son of a...well, gun, but I hate what those hunters did to our boy. But Dean, standing between Sam and the hunter? Gah. That's the brother stuff I miss. Those tiny little moments that mean everything. Shared looks, both standing between the other and danger, the hand on the back, thumps against the chest, etc. etc.

You captured that in several places here. Again, Dean between Sam and danger. Sam, trying desperately to protect Dean even if he doubted Dean cared, the shared laugh, the light banter, the genuine affection.

Loved this, girl. Thanks for sharing an excellent bro-mo and some good old-fashioned h/c in a sea of angst.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
On the one hand, I think you were kinda hard on Dean. It's hard for me to buy that he wouldn't answer a call like that from Sam. On the other hand, he sure makes up for it. I love the whole scenario, and Dean's behavior after, not just saving Sam but sticking up for him, treating him, even providing the comfort of touch. Yeah, it does make a difference to care about someone who means that much to you. Cas will never be that.

From your lips to Kripke's ears!
Lilly B chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
great story...i really enjoyed reading it! poor sam...it took something happening to him to make dean realize that they needed to stick together. i'm really worried about the way the show is right now...don't get me wrong...the season has been awesome so far...but i have this feeling that things are just not right when dean and sam aren't together. so, thanks for writing this piece...it was nice to see them back together at the end. hopefully we'll get that with the real show soon.
cherry619 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I love the title to it and I hope this is what brings them together or Dean has a sit down and say's out loud that castiel isn't Sam I would love that but I love the story right after 5.03 it's wat i needed charity
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wonderful little story. Hope it turns out like this on the show. Denise
snowcherries chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Loved it to pieces. Just what I needed after 5.03.

It should have been Jake!”

All the color drained from Dean’s face as, like bullets in a chamber of a gun, things clicked into place. Of course it had to be Sam. There had never been any doubt among the demons. The only wild card had been which older Winchester was going to be the one who broke in hell, which one would break the first seal. It should have been their father. It was supposed to be their father. But he held out for almost a year; that was close to 120 years demon time. The bastards just had no idea what a hard-headed stubborn sonnofabitch John Winchester was. So they prompted him. Set up the little special kid assembly and expertly maneuvered all the players until it was down to Jake and Sam. Sam who wouldn’t kill but Jake would. And what wonderful incentive that would be to break John with. If he sold his soul for one son, he’d sure as hell break for the other…

So although Azazel told Dean it was beyond him to bring Sam back, he was lying. Sam could and would be brought back, with a deal. It was just a matter of who that deal was going to be made with. John or Dean. And it was Dean.

This explanation of things made so much sense. And of course it was Dean. Dean was always the one to put Sam before everything else.

Loved the, "He's my brother, asshole. That's what he is." THAT is what I'm waiting to hear from Dean.
SeaWave2009 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I'm ok with the boys separation, as long as they get back together. You've caught the essence of their relationship, which is what will get them there even stronger than before. Amazing!
calcium77 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Thanks for writing this one. I really loved it. Actually, why don't you go apply to work for CW? Then I will like all that happens in the show too :-)

Thanks again! I miss Dean caring about Sam.

Kat
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wonderful story! That's exactly what we need to see with the boys! No more blame game or working separately, just the Winchester brothers against the world! :)

Lisa
LadyVic chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
I loved this. You did a great job of showing both Sam's desperation and his strength. And I really like your take on Dean-that stepping back into his big brother role will actually be a relief to him. Even in such extreme circumstances, you still made the brothers sound like themselves.

Thanks so much for sharing!
devon99 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very nicely written indeed:)
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »