Reviews for The Daily Buzz
SerenDPetty chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
Hello Botoshere!
Congratulations! Your stories are wonderfully written and fun to read. I'm glad the four of you get together and make such entertaining fictions for the rest of us to enjoy.
As a thought on the issue of Sam's impending demise (he's human and far too mortal for the peace of mind of his [large! though apparently not 'big' brother] especially when it comes to long term plans like the stellar harvester...) I have a suggestion:
You brought up a couple of things that Ratchet could tweak to help with the problem:
1) That healing nanite gell that Sam described as "evil looking Jello" when it was used on Bumblebee's burns could be re-programmed to help accelerate human healing... probably.
2) All Autobots have repair systems utilizing a nanite system that basically acts much like the white blood cells in the human blood and various other bits of the miraculous repair-and-maintenance that goes into this earthly body we call home...
My thought is this: If some of that could be detailed to monitor Sam's telomeres (and do, please, look up Telomeres) as his cells divide and repair themselves, then the nanites could be detailed to keep the telomere lengths from shortening with each division.
If the medics and scientists studying the telomere systems are correct, the age of the cell is tracked by the length of the telomere on the DNA in the cell. When the length reaches 0 (zero) the cell dies. This appears to be true for all body cells. From blood cells that last only days to brain cells that last decades. Preserve Sam's telomere length and he could live long enough to actually be on that world to help Optimus extinguish that sun and feed the Allspark enough Energon to save the Cybertronian species.
Just a thought, but it has this going for it: It's a simple thought. There's no massive revision of the whole human body involved. He wouldn't be any less human. It would only SLOW the aging process down as I doubt that the nanite accountants tracking the telomere lengths would manage to keep them ALL perfect at the same number that that were at when the nanites entered and started to count. Every system has a loss factored in, that's simple entropy. They'd just make it less. If you tweaked it right, he'd age something like 1 year in 10 or 1 in 20. Though you'd best dose Mikaela at the same time or she'll be hunting for heads when she looks 50 and he's still 30-ish...
Not pretty...
But the dosing would be easy enough. Exposure after modification is the one I'd reccomend. You could even make it contagious. Though a world full of humans that live 10 times longer than the current 80 years might make for housing problems... quickly. Especially since the telomere watch wouldn't stop cell division or fertilization or reproduction or... well, children. Those are much more complex systems. The kids might take their sweet time growing up though. I do hope that the "Terrible Two's" wouldn't last 10 years... As mothers, I don't think you'd wish that on an unsuspecting world... Would you?
Would you?
Please say no.
The population boom would certainly push for expoloration into space travel. With the Autobots there to help with that, the pressure would have the same relief valve (colonization!) that Europe used to prevent our species nasty habit of killing ourselves off when we get crowded. A habit that would have resulted when the Industrial Revolution, Vaccinations, and basic Sanitation conspired to massively increase the child survival rate back around 1700-1750.
Without the outlet of colonization, we'd have had another round of genocidal wars and probably another Dark Age just as we Renaissanced ourselves out of the fall from Rome.
Getting humanity into the stars would also help Optimus build his harvester in a safer place than here (!) orbiting Sol... (!)
Still, I hope that this idea helps bring the follow-up to "Ties that Bind" along a bit faster.
I really want to read it.
-Thanks!
-Seren D. Petty
elysenjazz chapter 33 . 11/12/2013
Awesome!
IronRaven chapter 33 . 11/12/2013
It took a couple reads to get everything right- the shift from the end of the polygadate and going into them trying to get Sam's password was a bit odd feeling.

And they are playing a game- if the really wanted that password, they'd have had it. Amateurs. Crude, inefficient and needlessly dangerous- I'm surprised that Bee doesn't have an eye on Sam's computer. Still, he is a scout, but Jazz or Prowl would have given him a huge raft of grief.

That being said, I love it when the Arcee triplets show up and mock/molest the Bee. And I'm glad that one of those boys got the slip about "River".

And I see someone getting a very up close and personal view of a detention cell after that little hack. Again, they are playing a game. Time to show them what the stakes are at this table.
Araytigre chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
The Boys are typical geniuses, real smart, yet no common sense. If they do somehow hack into Mikaela's account, they will be in a world of hurt, especially as Optimus knows that they are aware of the Buzz (natch that Bee knows too, and keeping an optic on them). Sometimes they (the Boys) ain't to smart, it isn't wise to advertise to someone you may think is an Alien that you think you know something (regardless of whether you are right or wrong). Thank You. TTFN
butterflymaiden02 chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
Ah, they are only going to cause a small (read HUGE) disturbance with a post like that! I'm having fun thinking of which user name belongs to each. I'm thinking Alienator for Sharsky (mad non-people skills that he has) and Bullhacker for Fassbinder (because of the crash in chapter 30).

Keep up the great work!
imaginethat96 chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
Haha! I am so happy you uploaded! Sharsky and Fassbinder are my favourite conspirators!
LT-NightWarp chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
OMG! the buzzzz is back! Yay!

Hilarious chapter as always, quite enjoyed the RC/bee bit :) These guys have no idea what they just unleashed with that post...
SJSGirl chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
Now things are really gonna get interesting lol!
Harm Marie chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
Liked this.
RK-Striker-JK-5 chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
Great to see a new chapter. Man, Sharsky and Fass are being played like violins here. :D
FatesShadow83 chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
*Giggles helplessly*
Love their blog post! Great chapter!
Silvering chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
OMG update! Squee! And cliffhanger... T-T you're eeeeeeeeeeeevil lol
Bookworm Gal chapter 33 . 11/11/2013
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Quathis chapter 33 . 11/10/2013
Can't say I was expecting that to happen. Certainly not given their limited exposure to Mikaela. The party was cool and their perception of it was a bit skewed but not too off. Well, no more than they have been. Though I do have to wonder at just what the response to this will be. Could be a variety of things, so I'm hoping the two idiots don't get disappeared. Until next time.
InsaneGrizzlies chapter 33 . 11/10/2013
*falls backwards and can't stop laughing*

I was like "Okay time for bed" and then I saw the update and screamed and read it instead.

I just couldn't stop laughing.

I love this, the roommates are hilarious...
664 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »