Reviews for Monster
Tomon chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Well done and yeah, Monster from Skillet definitely fit well :) Guess I will also have to check the anime what they changed about Tsukune ghoul form.
Unknown2112015 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I thought I recognized the song. This was good.
Biblio388 chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Nice fic. I don't usually read these because I don't find them as interesting as regular fics but I am glad I gave this one a chance. This is one of my favorite songs as well, which could contribute to why I like this. Looking forward to more chapters of HIMA.
Yikari chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Surprisingly enough, I've stumbled upon this story's description, while listening to the song in question. I thought 'hey, this looks familiar' and bam!

It was a bit blurry and hard to understand (looks like a common problem with songfics, IMHO), but was enjoyable nonetheless. Thank you.
DoomKnight1of24 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Ohhh, a songfic.

Very fitting, I think, too.

The taoistic concept of accepting one's inner darkness is, in my opinion at least, not only a good stylistic device, but also very... important, I'd say, for a character's development. It is something every hero has to go through.

Or should go through, anyway.

And while I agree with Phantom that it wasn't absolutely necessary to make this a songfic, I don't think it loses anything, either. A good, solid oneshot and a very much appreciated story in it's own right, is what I think.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I really enjoed listening to the song on my ipod while reading the story
Phantom 4 Life chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
It was pretty. The song bits didn't add much to the actual story. It would've been fine as a oneshot gen fic. I really got a taste of how Tsukune was affected by the changes happening to his body. I didn't catch any errors so kudos on that. Some parts were a bit . . . hard to follow but ultimately they did not detract from the story.

Tsukune08 chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Pretty damn good as always.
major wallace chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Person D chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I loved this! It freakin rocked! Loved the ending to!
Wispr chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Oh that was bloody awesome... good choice of song and love how you wrote Tsukune's thoughts and feelings.

Mixing them with the lyrics came across very well and not forced at all.

GrrDraxin chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Not big on songfics either, but because it's you, I'll accept it. You can thank your reputation on Here In My Arms for the whole reason I even bothered reading this. But to my surprise, it was a good chronicling of all the times Tsukune started ghoulin throughout the series and what could be possible in the future.

You have my thanks for a short, yet sweet story of Tsuki's darker nature. That ghoul WILL be trained, even if it's no smarter than a dog, knowing friend from foe and some fighting technique certainly helps.
Ou-Rex chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
It was very well done. I do enjoy fics like this from time to time which delve deeper into the aspect of an individual's point of view of difficult situations, in Tus's case his becoming a Ghoul. It had been a difficult hurtle, that as you mentioned, that has been discarded by the anime, and without this important aspect so went an aspect of his nature as a "hero."

Heroes, in honesty, are meant to suffer more tragedy than any villain because the hero himself needs a pure and true reason to save some one even if sometimes he has to become the very thing he is afraid to become.

Anyway, well done, props.

FriedRice84 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Well done. I'm not usually into songfics, though. Maybe it's just me, but "Animal I Have Become" would've been better for this.

Can't wait til the end of the week for your update!
XxDarkfire9xX chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Interestingly i had thought of maybe doing something like this with a different song by the same name, depending on how one feels about moka they could do this or Disturbed's Monster. I like the song and i like the way you set this up so kudos to you sir for getting it right the first time around!