Reviews for Let's Love Hate
I just read the guest reviews. Have to say that I think Guest is right on for most of the critiques:

the vacation time
the "coincidence" with Tanya being in Seattle, etc.
the save-the-date cards

Maybe it struck you as being "mean" and "degrading" because this IS an old, completed story, so the reviews are not mingled in with others as they would when a story is a WIP.

And Guest was right about something else: he/she never called your story pathetic or annoying. Said specific characters were pathetic or annoying. That was just an interpretation of the characters by the reader, not a critique of your writing.

I agree with some of the other responders on this chapter: maybe you need some thicker skin. Or don't post where people can review.
scpotter chapter 26 . 4/4
Hi ! I just finished reading your story and I think it's a great story which is very well written! Sorry if what I say isn't very well written, I'm french and it's a little hard to be understood
zpower21 chapter 6 . 4/4
I am not at all a fan of reading chapters from the different point of view. A good writer gets everything they need the first time. At least that's the way I was tight. It just gets highly annoying to have to read scenes over and over again with no forward progression. It's like, what's the point?

Z
got99problems chapter 26 . 4/3
Wow this was a really great story for it to be your first. I just recently started writing and my stuff isn't nearly as good as yours. I really enjoyed this story so whoever said it's pathetic is just being a hater. You should block them if they continue to harass you.
tracyluvstwilight2010 chapter 25 . 4/3
Great story. I enjoyed reading it.
RKsoulmates913 chapter 26 . 4/3
Couldn't agree more! I appreciate your stories
I read those guest reviews, and they didn't seem like they were personally attacking you? Some of us don't have pen names! I read fanfic for fun, and don't have a username because I just save the stories that I want to read on my web browser. I do think this story does have some negatives, but it also has some positives. I just think that you're taking this all too personally since this story is years old and even you haven't called it your best work.
Thinking about it, I find it pretty funny that I started liking this story *right before* you vented about my critiques.

Believe me, I'm not tempering my opinions because of your response. If there is something that sticks out to me, I would point it out. But, the last third of this story was a lot better than the first two-thirds, IMO.

I may check out your other stuff. Maybe not. It'll be interesting to see if/how your writing has matured with age and experience. But, good on you for putting this out there.
Being happily married for a long time, I've never researched divorces. It seemed strange to me earlier that they had to sign the papers to legalize the divorce within a certain time frame (or else they would have had to wait several MONTHS to get it through?); and now that the time frame is blown, they have to sign something else that they DON'T want the divorce? Seems strange to me, and I'm not sure if that's the way it works, or if that's just the way it worked in your mind when you were 19years old and writing this.

And it's also unusual to me that they shared the same lawyer, since it was not an amicable split when it happened.

And getting a house within a WEEK of placing a bid? A bid that Edward and Bella would have placed themselves, I might add. Unless Esme was the one who was actually laying down the money for them. I'm sure B/E have great credit, but if they were not planning on buying anything, they would not have had loans, etc., set up to have their bid accepted, etc.

Forgot about getting closure with Jacob. That was nice.

The ending seems a bit trite, IMO: a too-perfect, cotton-candy ending where OF COURSE Bella becomes a best-selling author (not only on her first time out, but three times within three years!). And a flexible everyday job at the Seattle Times, to boot! If only real life worked that way!

And Edward's current work not being as hectic as his last position? It seems to me his job in NYC couldn't have been TOO hectic since he could pick up and leave on short notice for his month-long vacation, plus up and leave whatever clients he did have with no problems when he moved to Seattle! I wonder if he had any clients at all!

You repeated how you were going for realism in this story, but it seems obvious that that was meant for the stuff your characters went through and not all the background information. I think your story worked best when you're dealing with the people and not necessarily the environs they lived in.

I had the hardest time with the "factual" stuff in this story (how people live in the world, how things like jobs and weddings work, etc.). The vacation time, the "save-the-date" cards (and Bella should have worried a lot more about being late to the airport when it was only an hour until her flight and they hadn't left...you cannot just arrive at the airport with 5 minutes to spare anymore!). And though for the overall plot of the story, it doesn't *really* matter, it takes me out of the story when ridiculous things happened.

The relationships between the characters were better. I may have found most of them annoying at some point or other, but I did feel they redeemed themselves for the most part by the end.

The story telling overall was good, and your spelling and grammar were mostly done well (though I'm still giggling at the thought of Edward going all "romantic" with rose-shaped or rose-colored bicycle PEDALS strewn around the house!).
Shudder...to shiver...not shutter I'm liking this story so far.
Alice seems like a traditionalist when it comes to weddings. If Bella is the MATRON of honor, Rose would go first, then Bella, then the bride. I wouldn't think she would go by height or by clumsiness.

For a second, I thought R/EM were playing another prank on B/E.

rose "pedals"... sounds romantic [snicker]
Nice chapter. Some predictablility (Es/C being understanding; both B/E wanting to move back to Washington); and I found myself rolling my eyes at Emmett, because he just comes across as a buffoon and a follower (only just short of a full-on caricature). But, again, real emotions with [for the most part] characters one can identify with.
Morie chapter 26 . 4/3
I completely support this! It is nasty and pathetic to do what this "guest" did to you. I also remember reading this fanfic a few years ago and loving it so much! Which is also why I got an email alert about a new chapter.. anyways, you're awesome and you're right in doing this! It isn't criticism, it's just hateful. Good luck!
For my own personal tastes, I don't know if I ever could be good friends with Alice. She seems way too high maintenance. I don't talk to my best friend for MONTHS sometimes, but we still pick up where we left off.

BUT, from hearing about their relationship, I can understand and empathize with Alice's POV. But, man, even if my best friend lived in town, I think I would be tired of rehashing my day with her EVERY SINGLE DAY.

But, Alice has to understand that people grow up and get lives that take up more of their time. I think communicating 1-2 times per week is A LOT! She seems like a taker - not that she doesn't give as well, but that there's probably a lot of stuff that goes on that most people wouldn't care about that SHE would care about and cause drama over.

I do like Jasper. He has common sense and a rational mind. He is someone I would hang out with!
jma4397 chapter 26 . 4/3