Reviews for Let's Love Hate
RKsoulmates913 chapter 26 . 4/3
Couldn't agree more! I appreciate your stories
I read those guest reviews, and they didn't seem like they were personally attacking you? Some of us don't have pen names! I read fanfic for fun, and don't have a username because I just save the stories that I want to read on my web browser. I do think this story does have some negatives, but it also has some positives. I just think that you're taking this all too personally since this story is years old and even you haven't called it your best work.
Thinking about it, I find it pretty funny that I started liking this story *right before* you vented about my critiques.

Believe me, I'm not tempering my opinions because of your response. If there is something that sticks out to me, I would point it out. But, the last third of this story was a lot better than the first two-thirds, IMO.

I may check out your other stuff. Maybe not. It'll be interesting to see if/how your writing has matured with age and experience. But, good on you for putting this out there.
Being happily married for a long time, I've never researched divorces. It seemed strange to me earlier that they had to sign the papers to legalize the divorce within a certain time frame (or else they would have had to wait several MONTHS to get it through?); and now that the time frame is blown, they have to sign something else that they DON'T want the divorce? Seems strange to me, and I'm not sure if that's the way it works, or if that's just the way it worked in your mind when you were 19years old and writing this.

And it's also unusual to me that they shared the same lawyer, since it was not an amicable split when it happened.

And getting a house within a WEEK of placing a bid? A bid that Edward and Bella would have placed themselves, I might add. Unless Esme was the one who was actually laying down the money for them. I'm sure B/E have great credit, but if they were not planning on buying anything, they would not have had loans, etc., set up to have their bid accepted, etc.

Forgot about getting closure with Jacob. That was nice.

The ending seems a bit trite, IMO: a too-perfect, cotton-candy ending where OF COURSE Bella becomes a best-selling author (not only on her first time out, but three times within three years!). And a flexible everyday job at the Seattle Times, to boot! If only real life worked that way!

And Edward's current work not being as hectic as his last position? It seems to me his job in NYC couldn't have been TOO hectic since he could pick up and leave on short notice for his month-long vacation, plus up and leave whatever clients he did have with no problems when he moved to Seattle! I wonder if he had any clients at all!

You repeated how you were going for realism in this story, but it seems obvious that that was meant for the stuff your characters went through and not all the background information. I think your story worked best when you're dealing with the people and not necessarily the environs they lived in.

I had the hardest time with the "factual" stuff in this story (how people live in the world, how things like jobs and weddings work, etc.). The vacation time, the "save-the-date" cards (and Bella should have worried a lot more about being late to the airport when it was only an hour until her flight and they hadn't left...you cannot just arrive at the airport with 5 minutes to spare anymore!). And though for the overall plot of the story, it doesn't *really* matter, it takes me out of the story when ridiculous things happened.

The relationships between the characters were better. I may have found most of them annoying at some point or other, but I did feel they redeemed themselves for the most part by the end.

The story telling overall was good, and your spelling and grammar were mostly done well (though I'm still giggling at the thought of Edward going all "romantic" with rose-shaped or rose-colored bicycle PEDALS strewn around the house!).
Shudder...to shiver...not shutter I'm liking this story so far.
Alice seems like a traditionalist when it comes to weddings. If Bella is the MATRON of honor, Rose would go first, then Bella, then the bride. I wouldn't think she would go by height or by clumsiness.

For a second, I thought R/EM were playing another prank on B/E.

rose "pedals"... sounds romantic [snicker]
Nice chapter. Some predictablility (Es/C being understanding; both B/E wanting to move back to Washington); and I found myself rolling my eyes at Emmett, because he just comes across as a buffoon and a follower (only just short of a full-on caricature). But, again, real emotions with [for the most part] characters one can identify with.
Morie chapter 26 . 4/3
I completely support this! It is nasty and pathetic to do what this "guest" did to you. I also remember reading this fanfic a few years ago and loving it so much! Which is also why I got an email alert about a new chapter.. anyways, you're awesome and you're right in doing this! It isn't criticism, it's just hateful. Good luck!
For my own personal tastes, I don't know if I ever could be good friends with Alice. She seems way too high maintenance. I don't talk to my best friend for MONTHS sometimes, but we still pick up where we left off.

BUT, from hearing about their relationship, I can understand and empathize with Alice's POV. But, man, even if my best friend lived in town, I think I would be tired of rehashing my day with her EVERY SINGLE DAY.

But, Alice has to understand that people grow up and get lives that take up more of their time. I think communicating 1-2 times per week is A LOT! She seems like a taker - not that she doesn't give as well, but that there's probably a lot of stuff that goes on that most people wouldn't care about that SHE would care about and cause drama over.

I do like Jasper. He has common sense and a rational mind. He is someone I would hang out with!
jma4397 chapter 26 . 4/3
I enjoyed your story
Mrsguinn chapter 26 . 4/3
I really loved this story back when I read it and obviously many others did too. Try not to take everything your negative reviewer said so personally and just try and learn what you can instead. At least be flattered that they spent so much of their time on you even if you don't agree with what they said. By the way I've already been reading "May Be Reckless" and I eagerly await every update!
I'm not hating on Alice in this one. I can see that she not only feels personally betrayed by her brother and by her best friend, but that the discovery that one of the best relationships that she knows of is ending (or so she believes) totally rocked her world in bad way.

Bella went back to being a bit on the annoying side, but she reined it in.

The way Alice discovered the divorce papers is a *bit* contrived, but nothing compared to some of the stuff earlier in the story. Nice chapter.
Now, I'm wondering how Alice knew they were divorce papers. Does the return address for the law firm say "divorce lawyers" on it? Did the envelope open?

ALice handed over the envelope to Bella (when I'm imagining it should have been addressed to Edward, since it was from HIS lawyer). What if Bella hadn't known Edward was filing for divorce?

And thanks to reviewer Happy Cup!
HappyCup chapter 26 . 4/3
I'm going to take the other side of this debate, and day that maybe you are being a little over-sensitive about the guest reviewer. I remember reading your story and tend to agree with some of the criticisms. I didn't see any personal attacks, there was no name calling, just a review pointing out what they disliked about the story. The only thing that I saw that could be construed as personal is when the reviewer questioned whether or not you yourself were in highschool, based on the actions of your characters, and as you stated above, they weren't far from the mark, you were admittedly only 19 at the time that you wrote this. It's true that our life-experience, or lack thereof, shows in our creations.

Do you remember what the review box used to prompt readers with back when you started this story? It said "A well-rounded critique is the best gift a reader can give an author" or something to that effect. I was disappointed when it was changed, because it was a reminder to us all that we're here to grow as writers and shouldn't expect people to refrain from critizing our stories when they see the need, nor should we want them to. Outsider input, whether it be negative or positive, is a tool to better ourselves with, and we should accept it gratefully.

No one should take this as my condoning reviewers who genuinely attack writers. I stopped writing a story because I was receiving so much hate that posting ceased to be an enjoyable pastime. The experience lead me to accept that I'm too thin-skinned to share on a site like this. Feel free to go to my story and see what being attacked by guest reviewers really looks like; I never deleted a single one of them.

I suppose that you may see even this as an attack against you as an author, but I suggest that you consider my words in the spirit with which they were given; without malice and with the intent to share experience and knowledge with a younger generation.
twimom1960 chapter 26 . 4/3
I saw this chapter post and though Wow maybe an out take? Then I read it and have to say that you were a true "lady" if I could put my hands through my screen and strangle your coward oops I mean Guest reviewer I would have for you. I totally ticks me off when someone leaves such appalling words and hides behind the name guest. I think your basher is just a jealous harpy. I enjoyed the story when I read it and took it for what it is A work of fiction. Don't let negative morons get you down
1,267 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »