Reviews for Annotations
thisisup-upisno chapter 69 . 8/22/2015
Are you kidding, this has to be the most readable piece of journalism I've ever seen. Journalism is ridiculously manipulative, and tends to say outrageous things regardless of how accurate they are. There was a lot of realism in yours, I like it.
thisisup-upisno chapter 9 . 8/21/2015
UUUAAUUUAUAUAUAGHHUAUGAUHUGUAHUHAGUAHAUGUAHAUGAUHAUGUAH
I LOVE HOW YOU MAKE HIM METAPHOR EVEN WHEN HE'S STILL STRINGENTLY VULCAN I LOVE IT
HE CAN IN FACT METAPHOR
thisisup-upisno chapter 5 . 8/21/2015
I did notice, and I think it's actually really nicely done, I like how you're slowly morphing him into that old guy he can't see as himself. I love this story, it's just
UGH
MuggleCreator chapter 57 . 6/24/2014
Hmm, no wonder I recognised it.
MuggleCreator chapter 39 . 6/24/2014
Hmmm... I could tell. The way you wrote it, it was one of my favourite arcs of your story.
MuggleCreator chapter 15 . 6/24/2014
Yeah, I ...wondered if that was why you included that section...
MuggleCreator chapter 12 . 6/23/2014
Um...which site? I love how you used Nyota's ancestry in this fic.
MuggleCreator chapter 5 . 6/23/2014
I've recently become aware of this as well!
Daphinora chapter 80 . 3/25/2012
I really enjoy seeing your thoughts and translations on Annotations. Thanks so much for helping me through Observations! At first, I was like, "WTF? DID PAVEL JUST SPEAK IN UN-TRANSLATED RUSSIAN! I'M SCREWED!"

Then, I saw Annotations. I love it! Thank you sooooo much! I've read like sixty-six or so chapters of Obs today. :D

AND I'm still reading. WHOOP!

~D
Cirrat chapter 28 . 7/15/2011
Hi!

I read "Observations" and I got what you wrote at the end, about there not being a sequel. I really understand, even though I really enjoyed reading the story and the interaction between Spock and Jim.

About the vegetarianism (no, I am not going to lay into you about it) and what you wrote, both here and in the "Observations" chapter where there is that scene with Nyota - I have a friend who is vegetarian (actually I have quite a lot of them, but she was the first one I met, so she left the biggest impression). When I found out I was 18, brash and kinda' stupid, so I asked her "Hey, why don't you eat meat?"

She just looked at me and asked back "And why do you eat chocolate?"

I answered "because I like it, no special reason".

"See, that's why I don't eat meat. I don't like it."

I actually never found out if there was any other reason for her vegetarianism - this was a very valuable lesson on not sticking my nose into other people's private bussiness.

On the other hand, people can eat meat and still be against the factory farms (I am not saying that you implied that carnivores are heartless or something, I'm just philosophing here, bear with me).

My friends and I, we all love a nice piece of meat - some go for pork, me, I love steak, and so on, and so on. Only, we all have a problem, because we go for quality before quantity. Even if one is not an animal lover, it is a simple cold hard fact, that let's say steak from a cow that lived outside on the fresh grass and had enough excercise, no antibiotics in her food, etc. etc. tastes totally differently than steak from a cow that saw sunshine and grass only through a small window and parts of her were probably hurt and infected and just cut off after she was slaughtered.

So, I love manipulating those who say that they don't care for the conditions into buying a really nice piece of meat that comes from a happy animal (or at least happy while it was living) - and you would be surprised, how fast they turn around and start support the normal farms instead of the farm factories (or factory farms?)... :-)

Yeah, that's all to my 'blah'. Thanks for your patience...
Doni chapter 80 . 7/3/2011
These little insights into not only the story, but you as well are greatly appreciated. Thank you for sharing. I have a very short list ST stories that stand out as amazing, and Observations is right there at the top. Wonderful work.
SecretSnow chapter 46 . 5/5/2011
I do believe that was te most poignant annotation I've read thus far.
MonstrousRegiment chapter 64 . 3/12/2011
LOL, about this. I was glad I am the daughter of a medic and can tell where all the muscles, tendons and similarly relevant body parts are located. This scene was unbeliavably hot, and I think part of how hot it was came from the fact it was initiated by Spock. You always see him as a rather asexual creature in fics, and the fact he actually has a drive in this fic is interesting.

That being said, he sure likes to be convoluted.
MonstrousRegiment chapter 62 . 3/12/2011
actually, whenever I think of the South, I think of To Kill a Mockingbord, not Gone With the Wind. I think that's preferable really lol
MonstrousRegiment chapter 28 . 3/12/2011
I love Indian food. Health problems make it impossible for me to turn away from the advantages in a meat-friendly diet, but I have to say that vegetarianism has its appeals. A lot of Chinese food is vegetarian, and one of my dearest friends, Shu-Hon, adheres to that diet. Her cooking is absolutely amazing. I can;t understand why most people seem to believe vegetarian diet is some kind of punishment of judgement mistake.