Reviews for Lily and the HalfBlood Prince
koalakoala chapter 137 . 12/28/2011
Someday (when I have lots of spare time!) I'd really like to go back and reread this from start to finish, all one hundred and thirty seven chapters. It really is a masterpiece, and your commitment to both the characters and the fic itself was wonderful.

Thank you so much for sharing! I'll look forward to reading anything else you write.
koalakoala chapter 136 . 12/28/2011
I'm kind of speechless. I loved the choice Lily gave him: her or the Death Eaters? though really, he chose a long time ago. In choosing her, he ultimately chose them. And I definitely liked your take on the scene, having their relationship end on not as sour a note and more of a bittersweet (yet still tragic!) one.

You've done such a lovely job wrapping this up, I'm looking forward to reading the final chapter.
musicalkilljoy chapter 137 . 12/25/2011
Such a beautiful, very well written and touching story! Thank you very much for sharing it, I hope you'll write something else soon. x
Heldon16 chapter 137 . 12/24/2011
I still remember finding this story when it was on, if I remember correctly, Chapter 4 and I can safely say I have enjoyed every single chapter of it.

The rise and fall of the friendship was brilliantly portrayed

The plots such as the three books, Severus Prince and his interactions with Dumbledore and Tom Riddle, the brilliant Madeira arc. The way you managed to weave them all together and into the canon story.

So finally, thank you for what has to be one of the most brilliant, complex stories on this website and what I can say is, and has been for a very long time, my personal favorite.
cap9419 chapter 137 . 12/23/2011
You have no idea what this has done to me.

As soon as I hit Chapter 134 I knew what was coming...and the tears went from there :'(

This actually feels like J.K. Rowling writing under a secret alias it's that good and it deserves way more reviews than it has. I could go on and on and pick out my favourite quotes but I'd be copying whole paragraphs and it would take me so long to choose!

I wish this story could have ended differently, so much so, but we probably would love it as much, knowing that loves does conquer all even if that means protecting them. I'm glad you ended it the way you did with the image of Snape starting a new page and not having to go through seeing Lily with James.

I've recommended this story to others in the hope that I'll be able to talk to them about it and express how amazing it was!

Please, PLEASE keep writing! You've set the bar so high on LilyxSnape fanfics I just can't read any others without comparing them to yours! Stick with Severus Snape and Lily Evans and maybe next time we'll see them with the happy ending they deserve :)

-twi
Mari83 chapter 135 . 12/23/2011
"She knew Severus would hate the interference: she knew how immeasurably proud he was, how he always refused help, even when she had found him bloodied and battered after his father's beatings, but she couldn't let him choke there for Potter's entertainment, outnumbered and reviled."

And it's just very much like her not to want or be able to stand the injustice of it, even if it was strategically wise.

"And Potter had the nerve to ask her out – again – while he was doing that to Severus? And blackmail her into the bargain? The arrogant berk had even threatened to hex her!"

And deflating or not, it's remarkable that he and Lily ever got beyond this moment.

"He had made it clear that he did not want anything more to do with her. She probably stood too much in the way of his future career among Voldemort's supporters. Association with Mudbloods was more than just frowned upon, these days. She sniffed angrily, wiping her face with the back of her hand."

Missing how much Severus tries to exclude her from the mudblood-category, not seeing (or wanting to see) the specialness he associates with her...

"She had always known it wouldn't be something stupid, like the crystal singing a 'happy birthday to you' or such rubbish"

:D The only bit in this chapter that made me grin:-)

"Then she remembered reading about something else the Ministry had plenty of: preserved memories. She had never even seen as much as a picture of them, but in History of Magic whole archives of a silvery substance stored in phials were mentioned, and once Severus had described something called a pensieve , a magical object in Madeira's house that held other people's memories ... "

It's interesting (and makes sense) that for Lily and her peers preserved memories and pensives are much less normal and present than for Harry later on.

" Something silvery glinted between the bracken leaves and fallen pine needles, and she saw her pendant lying there. She had probably dropped it at some point."

The pendant is a great example of what makes this story so amazing. It perfectly incorporates the bits we know from the books, but there's this whole extra dimension that fits in seamlessly, even with something already rather well-established like the mudblood-scene.

"The answer came to her unbidden: their Combined Magic. It had to be! That meant that Severus had told Voldemort about it! No-one else knew! She thought she couldn't feel worse, but the thought that Severus given away what they had mutually agreed to keep secret, made her feel even more betrayed."

It's so telling for the different circumstances they live in now that she can't imagine Severus sharing his knowledge in any other than a voluntary way.

"In forgiving him, she would lose herself.

She must take her own life into her hands. She couldn't go down that path. She must harden her heart and somehow sever her thoughts, her mind, her very soul, from Severus."

The final cut. It completely makes sense from her point of view – I think the saddest thing in these last chapters is to realize how different they've become, that they don't really understand the other's motives anymore...

Sigh, I'm missing this story already...
llazer chapter 137 . 12/22/2011
I'm not verbally talented enough to express just how much I appreciate all the effort you have put into this magnifient story. And how happy I'm to have come across it! Friday has basically become my favourite day of the week, reading a new chapter has been something I have looked forward to all week. So now I'm feeling almost empty... But of course all stories must come to an end at some point. And I have already started re-reading!

You have more than earned some time off from writing, but I sincerly hope you'll be back in near future! I'd love to read your take on those "dark" years of Snape's life that Rowling mentions very little about... And, of course, how he felt about the choises Lily made and did they encounter properly before Lily's death. I have especially enjoyed how skillfully you have transformed feelings (both good and bad) into words, so I think you'd do beutiful job on describing the process through which Severus came to realize how deluded he had been to believe in Voldemort's new order and better world...

You should be proud of yourself! Thank you! Oh, and greetings from Finlad! You surely have quite an internetional fanbase already. :D
HPRocksMe chapter 137 . 12/20/2011
I thought u were going to write an epilogue ...

I am so sad this fic is over ... I looked forward to its updates. I wish u continue this till Lily's death or may be till Snape's death :-). May be u can write a sequel.

Anyways ... great writing ... keep it up.
Reyem chapter 137 . 12/19/2011
And...it's over. Bittersweet. And yet, you've have done it with such eloquence.

I'm glad you have a 'parting of the ways' closure with Lily and Sev. I hated the thought that things ended between them the way JK depicted it. But you've elaborated it in such that I think it could have actually happened, and in a way that closes the door in their relationship calmly. Not just a slam in the face.

And they both knew they both loved each other. Even though, like Lily said, he didn't love her enough. Isn't that too much what reality is like?

I also know what it's like to have that polite yet cold yet normal dialogue between a person who I used to be close with. It's true that it feels worse than if they were angry with you, or forcefully ignored you in public. If they are polite and they treat you like any other stranger or aquaintance, then you are no longer important, and they no longer truly are concerned with your feelings or emotions. They have cut out true emotions, and thus cut you out of their life. The way Severus felt...oh, my gut wrenched in pain with him. :'(

Keep writing. You are brilliant at what you do. I don't know if you are a person who likes to have a rough draft outlined of your story, or if you write in progress, or if you need everything published before posting, but do not keep us waiting. This story was severely undernoticed, and I will always be a major fan of it. Come to think of it, I might have to D/L it to my e-reader right now.

Bravissimo! Encore! I applaud you and this fabulous epic tale.
crissu chapter 137 . 12/19/2011
This is certainly the best Lily/Sev story. I have looked for a long time for a story for them, and then I found yours, and after reading it I can say that I don't need another is so good that it is enough for is my choice of canon.

You have shaped Severus' character brilliantly, and you managed to change my opinion about him.I liked him before..but not so much as I like him now.I really want to read more about him,the last two years, him being a death eater, Lily's death, the years of teaching.. , again, I can't find that story because I want to read YOUR Severus. I'll be waiting patiently for any story that, hopefully, you will post someday.

Tha last chapters were bittersweet,I loved that Lily was the one who finally said that she loves him and, of course, that famous 'always'.Brilliant.I like that Severus still doesn't realize ( and won't, for a long time) that Voldemort isn't a god and only seeks is why I would love to read his thoughts when finally realize this.

And Lily was great know from canon that she is..well... perfect.( she doesn't seem to have any faults: beautiful with her green eyes, smart, kind, lovely,funny,can see the beauty in someone even when he doesn't see it...)But you managed to show another side of her and that made her 's still perfect but her character seems complete now.

Well, thank you( a million times) for creating this wonderful story, for updating every Friday, for the long chapters, all the details that you didn't forget and for all the work that you've was a gorgeous story:)Hope you enjoy your deserve it.
nade.Elainoir chapter 137 . 12/19/2011
This fic is beautiful..I love it soooo much.. and over the past reviews, thank you for taking time at replying all of them.. you are extremely generous with every update of this story and I always found myself anticipating for every chapter that is updated. This pairing is definitely one of my favorites and I'm glad that you are one of the people that is interested of the history between two unexpected people. Both whom are true opposites yet hold a strong relationship. Especially Severus holding true to his love for Lily, which he describes as [in which one of my favorite quotes that you have imputed in chapter 136] "Always". I've cried at that part in the book..in the movie and in this story. I'm especially glad that you were my first Sev/Lily fanfic, I'd say I am very lucky to have stumbled onto your fanfic. I certainly would have loved Sev and Lily to have a relationship in canon but if it were to come true..it just wouldn't be Harry Potter. The knowing fact that their relationship could've been more makes me content. And here I am blabbing...sorry lol. To sum it up.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS AWESOMELY, EPIC STORY! YOU ARE AWESOME! HARRY POTTER IS AWESOME! J.K ROWLING IS AWESOME!
Pandorica 11 chapter 137 . 12/18/2011
This has been a really fantastic story and I look forward to seeing future work of yours.
ChildlikeEmpress chapter 137 . 12/18/2011
This fanfic was gorgeous...the last few chapters broke my heart in a dozen ways, but that's how it goes.

Have a good vacation free of writing lol. I will be on the lookout a few months from now for new stories written by you.

~childlikeempress
CaroH99 chapter 137 . 12/18/2011
this was so bittersweet, yet magnificent! you did a wonderful job and you do deserve a good rest. hopefully we'll be seeing the sequel soon thoug, because i loved looking forward to weekends for this story...
autumn midnights chapter 137 . 12/18/2011
AMAZING. This whole fic was just wonderful in its complexity, and it provided wonderful insight into Severus Snape's actions, as well as Lily, a character who, really, is one we don't know /too/ much about despite the amount of times she's mentioned. You did a wonderful job with this long, novel-length fanfiction and I do really hope to see more from you at some point. I really enjoyed reading this.
1,128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »