Reviews for Lily and the HalfBlood Prince
Burgundy Tiger chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
This story is so good
excessivelyperky chapter 133 . 11/17/2013
Oh, my, Neither can say anything right to the other at this point. Neither one means half of what they're saying to each other, yet both take what the other says to heart.

In short, they're typical teenagers who are in love, sort of, and can't come right out and say it for fear the other will throw it back in their faces.

It would be funny, but this is in the middle of a war, both possess magic, and things can become far more serious than either one expects.

Nice foreshadowing with the greying laundry.

And one has to wonder what kind of life Severus would have with Lily, always wondering if he'd be forgiven for whatever his latest offense was. That started right at the very beginning, and doesn't ever seem to be stopping. What he does is bad enough, but he's being tainted by daring to be in Slytherin, and in canon, that is always quite unforgivable.

But exactly what could he do to change Lily's opinion of him? And would it work? She's as hormonal as he is, and for the same reason. She doesn't seem to want him, but is angry if she thinks he might want someone else. In short, she's pretty normal, too. And she has a right to be frightened by what she thinks he's doing. But she's in no mood to listen to explanations, either; after all, she's getting flack in Gryffindor for defending him (just like Sev gets it for defending her).

Very good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 132 . 11/13/2013
Very good chapter about the dilemma Snape is in; he doesn't really have a place with the other purebloods in Slytherin, save rising in the Dark Lord's esteem. He doesn't get any help dealing with the Marauders, who seem to be more active than in the past against him, and Dumbledore has made sure he can't tell Lily the truth about them. I know that he is marching blindly to his doom, but Australia is looking better all the time for him, frankly.

So far Lily is still telling James no. But we all know how long that's going to last, don't we?
Guest chapter 3 . 10/20/2013
Amazing
whitealmond chapter 136 . 10/21/2013
It feels like you just stabbed my heart over and over again.
whitealmond chapter 130 . 10/21/2013
these last few chapters are making me heartsick, since I know what's going to happen. You write so beautifully, and with all their shared experiences, will make their parting even more poignant than in the books, I think.
whitealmond chapter 127 . 10/21/2013
Jesus. That was brutal. I can barely sympathize with Severus now :(
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Amazing
whitealmond chapter 123 . 10/21/2013
Nice to see Sev pranking Potter for a change. One of the things that has really impressed me (among the immense multitude of impressive things about this story) is how believable Severus' descent into the darkness is, how he doesn't even realize the awfulness of the things he's doing; it's making him less sympathetic in my eyes, and more understanding of why Lily ultimately leaves.
whitealmond chapter 120 . 10/21/2013
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY FEELINGS
whitealmond chapter 116 . 10/21/2013
another amazing chapter ;-; did Madeira, in the end, heal her soul through remorse?
whitealmond chapter 115 . 10/21/2013
It's amazing how emotional you get me with your original characters. I LOVED this chapter. Exciting, dramatic, and it explains how Horcruxes are created - unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Severus will not have learned from his own ancestor's mistakes... what a tragedy.
whitealmond chapter 110 . 10/20/2013
Wow. Damn. I can't wait to see how Severus gets Lily out of this. He's in way over his head.
excessivelyperky chapter 131 . 10/20/2013
With friends like Mulciber...Snape would be better off out of Britain altogether. Nobody is ever concerned if he's hurt, only laugh at him for smelling badly.

Still, they're not hexing him and kicking him in the ribs. That's pretty much the best that Severus can expect from anyone he knows, alas.

That's for the Light side to do, apparently. And with the Marauders the self-declared representatives of the Light, Dark starts looking better. It's not like the Light actually *wants* Snape till they have something really suicidal to do anyway, in both the First and Second Voldie Wars.

And all for the sake of Lily, whom he loses anyway.

Australia's looking really good in comparison to canon, that's for sure! But in this story, which follows canon really closely, Snape will never have anything good to look forward to, ever.
whitealmond chapter 105 . 10/20/2013
Your descriptions are breathtaking; it's like I'm right there with them.
1,128 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »