Reviews for Lily and the HalfBlood Prince
whitealmond chapter 2 . 10/19/2013
I adore this - it's sweet and innocent and very realistic. I can totally see this happening.
whitealmond chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
It really does continue seamlessly from the book! And I love how you're foreshadowing Lily's dislike of dark magic with Severus unseating the bully in the park
excessivelyperky chapter 130 . 10/18/2013
She's starting to be attracted to him, and resents it. Lily also dislikes when she sees that Severus is defensive around her 'expecting to be blamed for something'.

But she does blame him for a lot, even when it's his roommates' fault and not his, since he didn't stop it.

Should Snape blame her for not stopping Potter et al? (but of course not! That's different!).

Their mirror image magic, though, is really, really neat.

And when she thinks that Snape is resenting the chain that binds them together, I do think she's looking in another mirror there.
excessivelyperky chapter 129 . 10/15/2013
Of course James is never going to admit that he wasn't in any real danger because he's a Animagus and part of Remus' pack.

And Lily knows she's not going to believe what Severus tells her, or at least is prepared to be annoyed with him, but forgive him anyway. It would be...unpleasant to live like that after a while, and I'm sure Severus wouldn't enjoy always having to be forgiven (since that very first day, he's always been apologizing to her, hasn't he?). Plus I suspect he would be delighted to snog her, but doesn't want to have to risk being forgiven yet again for overstepping his bounds.

It seems that Mary is more unhappy with enjoying the kiss than with anything that happened, which makes a great deal of sense. But she wants Lily to be as angry as she is-and I suspect that she would rather be asked out by James Potter, and can't understand why Lily isn't as eager-plus a bit jealous, I would say.

Plus, Mary is certain that all Slytherins are Teh Evil, so there is no way that Lily can be happy with Snape.

But...Severus only did what Remus does all the time, and Lily doesn't despise him...

Ah, yes. It's *different* when 'insert House here' does it.
excessivelyperky chapter 128 . 10/9/2013
Good chapter. They are splitting apart, and some of it can't be helped; Severus can't tell Lily all of the truth without risking expulsion (though clearly the Headmaster doesn't care what kind of story Potter and his friend put around, it's quite likely he believes them more than he does Snape anyway). Mary is an idiot and Mulciber et al are brutal fools.

Lily and Severus are caught in the middle; but with the Headmaster backing one side, the thumb's rather heavy on the scale.

Lily clearly thinks Sev is talking about changing in a different way (probably in a way that would get him a round of Crucio's in the Slytherin Common Room if he was stupid about how he declared himself).

It would be rather nice if Lily was concerned about Snape getting hurt on that little jaunt by the Whomping Willow instead of yelling at him for keeping it to himself (never mind that the Headmaster rather put his foot down, and Snape can't even tell her that much. How spiffy). But I think she's used to him being fairly invulnerable.

I used to be able to quote bits and then comment on them in reviews, but for some reason I can't do that any more. Bah humbug!
excessivelyperky chapter 127 . 10/5/2013
Of course Black isn't really punished. Albus has great things in mind him (and for his family's vault). Snape? He's just a nasty poor little halfblood (and how much of his surface resemblance to Tom Riddle informs the Headmaster's actions, only his subconscious will know).

And this explains the Mary MacDonald incident. Of course Mary won't tell anyone in Gryffindor that she's been nicking other people's mail (even other Gryffindors might object to that).

As for three against one, why, that's only supposed to be for Gryffindors; it's always wrong for Slytherins.

But what they did to Mary was nasty, and no wonder Lily will take it wrong, especially if Mary tells it like Snape did it all (which I suspect she is likely to do so that Lily will get her brains back on and realize how wonderful James Potter really is).
excessivelyperky chapter 126 . 9/30/2013
In some ways, the two incidents-Dementor and Death Eaters, and the werewolf prank-seem parallel. Dumbledore certain wishes for them to be that way, at least outwardly.

And yet, they are different. Dementors and Death Eaters are outside the school; and Severus was rescuing Lily, whose wandering in the Forbidden Forest pretty much got it started. Sirius Black and James Potter are inside the school, and have just been given license to do whatever they please as long as they make it look like an accident and don't involve Remus.

I have a son, with mental problems, who assaulted a fellow student. He was suspended, because the first priority of the school was to keep the other student safe.

I suggest this is not Dumbledore's priority; in fact, I think he is rather hoping that Snape will tell, so he can legally get Snape to leave, the way he forced Snape's grandfather out.

And the one thing that Severus has just learned is that if a Gryffindor is involved in any incident that could harm another student that it will be covered up.
excessivelyperky chapter 125 . 9/27/2013
'Bloody hell, Sirius! We'll be expelled! Don't you see? There's no way Snape's disappearance is going to go unnoticed! And if he comes back bitten … well, then Moony'll be in for it, too! And it'll be worse than being expelled, for him!'

-Yes. Let's face it, James' real concern is for Moony. And if not for Hagrid, nobody would know about this cute little prank. James, in fact, was in no danger, because he could always transform.

But it was still just a joke to James, till Hagrid caught them.
excessivelyperky chapter 124 . 9/22/2013
Love the foreshadowing to the Werewolf Incident.

And Severus is missing a huge opportunity here-he could go around freeing everyone he sees who is stuck up in the air, and be acclaimed as a hero to everyone he rescues (though I amazed that nobody has yet broken their necks or busted their heads being released from Levicorpus). Snape could also have simply told everyone what the counter to the spell was, making it useless to the Marauders.

I'm afraid he's wrong about the lengths the Headmaster will go to in order to protect his darling Gryffindors, though, and underestimates Dumbledore's ability to put him in the wrong (he's almost as good as Lily that way).
excessivelyperky chapter 123 . 9/18/2013
'I can't believe that Dumbledore and the other teachers would allow a werewolf amongst the students,' she whispered vehemently, 'They'd all have been savaged by now!'

-Considering that Sirius Black half-brags of close calls in Hogsmeade, the Marauders are extremely lucky nothing like that happened (except to possibly a poor half-blood with no influence); there is only so much that the Headmaster could cover up.

And oh, my, the hormones are flying!

I do love the foreshadowing, mind you, since I expect Snape has something in mind connected with Remus to keep Potter away from Lily.
excessivelyperky chapter 122 . 9/14/2013
Very good chapter. I can understand what Severus is so upset; he worked hard on creating that spell, and the Marauder Twins stole it, used it against a friend of his, and got credit for it from Sluggy. Of course. Snape never gets credit for anything good, and naturally Lily wonders what he's really up to.

And this chapter shows how badly Severus and Lily are negotiating the shoals of puberty, as well. One makes a move and the other isn't ready, and vice versa.

Though Snape shows a very good esthetic sense; if he wasn't such a dab hand at potions, he could have gone into jewelry design.
excessivelyperky chapter 121 . 9/10/2013
When she had faced the Boggart on Christmas day with Severus at her side, it was she herself who had caused the Boggart – probably an Occultimer Boggart – to take on the shape and form of that terrifying Lily: with her cold, empty eyes, chilling laugh, and even more horrifying Death Eater Mask!

-Yes. Looking at all those Dark books would probably give her the shivers, even though she really is trying to understand what her friend is interested in.

She could never understand why anyone would want to inflict such pain and humiliation on any fellow human being:

-She doesn't read Muggle newspapers that much, does she? But she's having so little association with the Muggle world that she thinks of it as boring and safe (kind of like the way her son does later on).

I absolutely love the watches that she purchased and the charms she put on them. Severus clearly enjoys the thoughts as well as the gift.

And it's clear that Lily's hormones are starting to kick in, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 119 . 8/20/2013
'Some of the First-years are terrified of the Marauders, especially the Muggleborns! They're not used to magical pranks, and sometimes Potter and Black get carried away, especially with Pettigrew urging them on!"

-I'm glad she's concerned for them; what a pity that McGonagall is so laissez-faire. But then, for all the talk about Muggleborn rights, some magic users are more equal than others, even in Gryffindor.

The Slytherins are playing Snape all wrong; some pranks on the Marauders, plus backing off around Lily might be a more effective way to lure Snape into the Junior DE Squad. After all, if the Dark Lord is interested in a spell she can do, threatening her is *such* a brilliant way to gain her cooperation.

I can see Snape eventually thinking that he has to put public distance between him and Lily to protect her. But since she doesn't feel threatened by the Dark Lord or his followers, this would be difficult to explain.

I love the Christmas dinner bit of this chapter, though. They could be so happy together, if the outside world would let them.
excessivelyperky chapter 118 . 8/9/2013
Excellent chapter. Given that Hermione figured out that Lupin was a werewolf in her third year, I am surprised that Severus and Lily didn't, although that might have been when the Marauders figured it out, given they're rooming with him.

And it was special for Lily to stay at Hogwarts (and blame in on Petunia, what the heck).

The Marauders are showing their true colors-what a pity that Lily refuses to be jealous when seeing James with another girl.

Although Lily need not worry about Sev and various Dark objects/potions/etc.; we never see him use them in canon even with surrounded by the whole gang, although, of course, this story could run differently.
excessivelyperky chapter 113 . 7/14/2013
She heard a snort of exasperate disbelief, and decided not to press her point. He'd tell her she was just being too naive again.

-Which she is. But I loved her 'remember the force, Luke!' solution to her captivity. But she wasn't tied up all that long, so she doesn't really know if they would tighten or not.

Snape was right about the Marauders throwing a fit if Lily went the long way home, though; he does want to keep her out of trouble, while giving him a way to avoid their tender attentions while she is watching. But then, since they seem to be all bark and no bite in this AU, perhaps he had another reason for wanting to go a different way.
1,129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »