Reviews for Lily and the HalfBlood Prince
whitealmond chapter 43 . 10/19/2013
Oh, the scene where Lily is cleaning Severus' face was so intimate and solemn ;-;
whitealmond chapter 38 . 10/19/2013
Wow, I was really impressed by how you handled Severus' indoctrination into Death Eater propaganda, starting with the corrupt Ministry and the injustices against witches and wizards. That would be enough to pique the interest of an angry, confused teenager
whitealmond chapter 29 . 10/19/2013
I love your portrayal of Narcissa - she's much more cunning than Lucius ;)
whitealmond chapter 26 . 10/19/2013
omg, baby Mrs. Norris... so adorable ;-; I love how your story is progressing, with a hint of romance, subtle foreshadowing.
whitealmond chapter 23 . 10/19/2013
Ah, young Lucius, helping out the younger students, before he turns into a complete asswipe. Loving your chapters, especially these recent adventurous ones :)
whitealmond chapter 12 . 10/19/2013
Oh dear, the rivalry begins... I've been unable to stop reading this, it's so well thought out.
whitealmond chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
Another enchanting chapter I have just a tiny note - I know Lily is rather precocious, but it was still a little jarring to imagine a 10 year old using the word 'derelict' ;)
whitealmond chapter 2 . 10/19/2013
I adore this - it's sweet and innocent and very realistic. I can totally see this happening.
whitealmond chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
It really does continue seamlessly from the book! And I love how you're foreshadowing Lily's dislike of dark magic with Severus unseating the bully in the park
excessivelyperky chapter 130 . 10/18/2013
She's starting to be attracted to him, and resents it. Lily also dislikes when she sees that Severus is defensive around her 'expecting to be blamed for something'.

But she does blame him for a lot, even when it's his roommates' fault and not his, since he didn't stop it.

Should Snape blame her for not stopping Potter et al? (but of course not! That's different!).

Their mirror image magic, though, is really, really neat.

And when she thinks that Snape is resenting the chain that binds them together, I do think she's looking in another mirror there.
excessivelyperky chapter 129 . 10/15/2013
Of course James is never going to admit that he wasn't in any real danger because he's a Animagus and part of Remus' pack.

And Lily knows she's not going to believe what Severus tells her, or at least is prepared to be annoyed with him, but forgive him anyway. It would be...unpleasant to live like that after a while, and I'm sure Severus wouldn't enjoy always having to be forgiven (since that very first day, he's always been apologizing to her, hasn't he?). Plus I suspect he would be delighted to snog her, but doesn't want to have to risk being forgiven yet again for overstepping his bounds.

It seems that Mary is more unhappy with enjoying the kiss than with anything that happened, which makes a great deal of sense. But she wants Lily to be as angry as she is-and I suspect that she would rather be asked out by James Potter, and can't understand why Lily isn't as eager-plus a bit jealous, I would say.

Plus, Mary is certain that all Slytherins are Teh Evil, so there is no way that Lily can be happy with Snape.

But...Severus only did what Remus does all the time, and Lily doesn't despise him...

Ah, yes. It's *different* when 'insert House here' does it.
excessivelyperky chapter 128 . 10/9/2013
Good chapter. They are splitting apart, and some of it can't be helped; Severus can't tell Lily all of the truth without risking expulsion (though clearly the Headmaster doesn't care what kind of story Potter and his friend put around, it's quite likely he believes them more than he does Snape anyway). Mary is an idiot and Mulciber et al are brutal fools.

Lily and Severus are caught in the middle; but with the Headmaster backing one side, the thumb's rather heavy on the scale.

Lily clearly thinks Sev is talking about changing in a different way (probably in a way that would get him a round of Crucio's in the Slytherin Common Room if he was stupid about how he declared himself).

It would be rather nice if Lily was concerned about Snape getting hurt on that little jaunt by the Whomping Willow instead of yelling at him for keeping it to himself (never mind that the Headmaster rather put his foot down, and Snape can't even tell her that much. How spiffy). But I think she's used to him being fairly invulnerable.

I used to be able to quote bits and then comment on them in reviews, but for some reason I can't do that any more. Bah humbug!
excessivelyperky chapter 127 . 10/5/2013
Of course Black isn't really punished. Albus has great things in mind him (and for his family's vault). Snape? He's just a nasty poor little halfblood (and how much of his surface resemblance to Tom Riddle informs the Headmaster's actions, only his subconscious will know).

And this explains the Mary MacDonald incident. Of course Mary won't tell anyone in Gryffindor that she's been nicking other people's mail (even other Gryffindors might object to that).

As for three against one, why, that's only supposed to be for Gryffindors; it's always wrong for Slytherins.

But what they did to Mary was nasty, and no wonder Lily will take it wrong, especially if Mary tells it like Snape did it all (which I suspect she is likely to do so that Lily will get her brains back on and realize how wonderful James Potter really is).
excessivelyperky chapter 126 . 9/30/2013
In some ways, the two incidents-Dementor and Death Eaters, and the werewolf prank-seem parallel. Dumbledore certain wishes for them to be that way, at least outwardly.

And yet, they are different. Dementors and Death Eaters are outside the school; and Severus was rescuing Lily, whose wandering in the Forbidden Forest pretty much got it started. Sirius Black and James Potter are inside the school, and have just been given license to do whatever they please as long as they make it look like an accident and don't involve Remus.

I have a son, with mental problems, who assaulted a fellow student. He was suspended, because the first priority of the school was to keep the other student safe.

I suggest this is not Dumbledore's priority; in fact, I think he is rather hoping that Snape will tell, so he can legally get Snape to leave, the way he forced Snape's grandfather out.

And the one thing that Severus has just learned is that if a Gryffindor is involved in any incident that could harm another student that it will be covered up.
excessivelyperky chapter 125 . 9/27/2013
'Bloody hell, Sirius! We'll be expelled! Don't you see? There's no way Snape's disappearance is going to go unnoticed! And if he comes back bitten … well, then Moony'll be in for it, too! And it'll be worse than being expelled, for him!'

-Yes. Let's face it, James' real concern is for Moony. And if not for Hagrid, nobody would know about this cute little prank. James, in fact, was in no danger, because he could always transform.

But it was still just a joke to James, till Hagrid caught them.
1,136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »