Reviews for Lily and the HalfBlood Prince
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 41 . 3/20/2010
great chapter. i luv more interaction between severus and his family and how it's blatant that severus is getting older. i also like how the weather outside was made to contradict everything going on inside of severus and the outside. thx for another great chapter and can't wait to read the next! :D
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 39 . 3/20/2010
great chapter. sry it took so long to read this but ive been busy. anyway, gr8 chapter & i can't wait to continue reading! :D
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 3/19/2010
Excellent chapter-nice that Potions worked out so well, at least for now. I'm sure Sluggy will find some kind of reason to amplify Lily's contribution and denigrate Snape's, but not just yet. After all, there are two rich purebloods in back he hasn't discovered he needs to suck up to yet. However, Sluggy didn't get as far as he has by going against the Headmaster's wishes, and I'm sure he realizes that his compliance is helping him keep his position. I noted that even though he's Head of House, he hasn't bothered talking to his first year students yet.

I thought Snape would be in the same Charms and Transfiguration classes-aren't Slytherin and Gryffindor always together?

A very positive chapter; sad it won't last long.
Really Cinderella chapter 42 . 3/17/2010
Poor Severus! Great chapter!
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 3/14/2010
Very good chapter; a pity that Lily is so quick to blame Severus for _her_ reading the letter and throwing it up at her sister. Of course she wants her sister to love her; Lily's used to being loved by everybody. How fortunate for her that she's in the House that's so well loved by everyone else at school. In a way, it's also fortunate that Snape is in Slytherin; there's no chance of him being loved by anyone, ever, except of course for Lily. When she remembers to.

But she'll continue to think that anything bad that happens is going to be his fault anyway, isn't she?
Really Cinderella chapter 41 . 3/13/2010
I doubt that Lilly is lying to Severous so could something be wrong with the mirrors? However I doubt that is possible as well. Great chapter!
Really Cinderella chapter 40 . 3/10/2010
I just read this and I love it! I always wondered how Snape went into dark magic and you have a nice spin on that.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 3/8/2010
Very good chapter; I would feel better if Petunia ever _had_ been in the limelight, which is not immediately apparent. As it is, we all know who'll end up with the household chores while Lily is gone to Hogwarts, and possibly end up keeping them while "you know, dear, Lily will be gone in just a couple of months, let's not ruin things for her".

I doubt very much that the Evans will notice the number of things that they're buying for Lily that Severus will never be able to afford. I don't think Lily will, either.

Very good chapter, though. Surprised that Snape didn't try for a summer job at Gringotts or some other place on Diagon Alley once he was older, though. He would have been a natural apothecary assistant, if nothing else.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/7/2010
Very good chapter about Diagon Alley and Snape's first wand. That was nice offer to help Lily and her parents, though he'll get a lot out of it, too, because he really enjoyed his visit.

It's so hard to see his hopes rise for a fresh start, knowing what he's going to end up facing.
In the Canis Major chapter 40 . 3/6/2010
This chapter was extremely well written. Good job.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 3/5/2010
What a difference indeed between the Evans household and Spinner's End-and how much harder it will be for Severus to shuttle between them, now that he knows it doesn't have to be that way.

And poor Petunia. "Anyone who does not possess such a power would feel hopelessly out-of-place and overwhelmed in such a place as Hogwarts, for magic cannot be acquired through lessons." - in that case, why is Filch there? Wouldn't he be happier working somewhere he doesn't have be afraid the students will find out that he's a Squib?

Very good chapter.
Heldon16 chapter 39 . 3/3/2010
This is a real gem of a fic...the relationship between Severus and Lily is great, you're managing to bring them closer but seperate them at the same time. :)

Keep up the good work, can't wait for the next chapter :D
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
If Eileen is now using magic, why didn't she heal her son? Or is that a stupid question? Obviously, no Muggle authorities ever watch over kids in that neighborhood, and Lily never thinks to tell her parents how badly Snape is being treated (it's like why didn't any Muggle authorities notice Harry Potter being starved and wearing his cousin's castoffs).

But then, the Wizarding World never cares when children are being abused, either.

I'm glad Lily is so happy; one wonders if McGonagall discussed houses, and how very suited for Gryffindor she would be, or was she only that Slytherin would be bad for her, the way Harry was?

A pity that Hogwarts is going to be even worse for Severus, and that in canon, death was his only escape at the end from the horror that was his life.
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 38 . 2/28/2010
great chapter. i like the ending the most and i can't wait to read more. u rely r a great writer :D
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 2/28/2010
How sad for Severus to live like that. Yes, it's a good thing that Eileen is looking after his schooling; but there are still a lot of things that he is missing. Even with an Obliviated or Confunded teacher here and there, the bureaucracy of the UK is a mighty thing, and sooner or later someone is going to catch up to them. Do they allow home schooling in Britain? I can see the bullying happening to Snape even in the early days. No wonder Lily is his only human contact, if a Cadbury set is the only Christmas present he's ever gotten.

And the two of them are lucky that the abandoned house hasn't been taken over by druggies of varying kinds.
1,128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 .. Last Next »