Reviews for Lily and the HalfBlood Prince
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/7/2010
Very good chapter about Diagon Alley and Snape's first wand. That was nice offer to help Lily and her parents, though he'll get a lot out of it, too, because he really enjoyed his visit.

It's so hard to see his hopes rise for a fresh start, knowing what he's going to end up facing.
In the Canis Major chapter 40 . 3/6/2010
This chapter was extremely well written. Good job.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 3/5/2010
What a difference indeed between the Evans household and Spinner's End-and how much harder it will be for Severus to shuttle between them, now that he knows it doesn't have to be that way.

And poor Petunia. "Anyone who does not possess such a power would feel hopelessly out-of-place and overwhelmed in such a place as Hogwarts, for magic cannot be acquired through lessons." - in that case, why is Filch there? Wouldn't he be happier working somewhere he doesn't have be afraid the students will find out that he's a Squib?

Very good chapter.
Heldon16 chapter 39 . 3/3/2010
This is a real gem of a fic...the relationship between Severus and Lily is great, you're managing to bring them closer but seperate them at the same time. :)

Keep up the good work, can't wait for the next chapter :D
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
If Eileen is now using magic, why didn't she heal her son? Or is that a stupid question? Obviously, no Muggle authorities ever watch over kids in that neighborhood, and Lily never thinks to tell her parents how badly Snape is being treated (it's like why didn't any Muggle authorities notice Harry Potter being starved and wearing his cousin's castoffs).

But then, the Wizarding World never cares when children are being abused, either.

I'm glad Lily is so happy; one wonders if McGonagall discussed houses, and how very suited for Gryffindor she would be, or was she only that Slytherin would be bad for her, the way Harry was?

A pity that Hogwarts is going to be even worse for Severus, and that in canon, death was his only escape at the end from the horror that was his life.
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 38 . 2/28/2010
great chapter. i like the ending the most and i can't wait to read more. u rely r a great writer :D
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 2/28/2010
How sad for Severus to live like that. Yes, it's a good thing that Eileen is looking after his schooling; but there are still a lot of things that he is missing. Even with an Obliviated or Confunded teacher here and there, the bureaucracy of the UK is a mighty thing, and sooner or later someone is going to catch up to them. Do they allow home schooling in Britain? I can see the bullying happening to Snape even in the early days. No wonder Lily is his only human contact, if a Cadbury set is the only Christmas present he's ever gotten.

And the two of them are lucky that the abandoned house hasn't been taken over by druggies of varying kinds.
stardb chapter 38 . 2/27/2010
As always, another excellent chapter. This is defently one of my favourite fics.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 2/23/2010
What a lovely chapter-all those days of summer, marred only by the cousins' visit. It doesn't sound like Severus really wants to harm anyone with learning the Dark Arts; he just needs some occupation that's interesting when Lily's away. They must in different school districts-no doubt Lily's Muggle school is in far better shape than Snape's.

Good explanation of Tobias and Eileen's relationship, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 2/21/2010
But she still blames him for accidental magic that could have been hers (and you have to wonder what accidental magic _she's_ done around Petunia-I notice that she's not mentioning that part).

But Sev will forgive her for anything. Forever.
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 37 . 2/20/2010
great chapter. i liked hagrid and poor severus! plz update soon! how many more chapters will there be? will u go thruout their whole hogwarts experience? i hope so!
stardb chapter 37 . 2/20/2010
I think I'm the forst to review again :)

I am intrigued about what the invisable creative is. I also like how with each chapter you are building upon Sev and giving him reasons to feel alienated from other houses.

Also, thank you for replying to my reviews x
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 36 . 2/13/2010
o boy. well, that's why you dont go wandering off at 4:30 in the morning! haha, great chapter and i can't wait 'til the next update to see wat happens to sev and lily :D
stardb chapter 36 . 2/13/2010
Wo-think I'm first to review chapter 36. I really liked the part where they were discussing subjects (working in a school I know thats how student's choose their subjects).

One thing I really like about your story is how it brings in aspects from the HP books...like Hagrid's spider.
ConsultingTimeLordIn221B chapter 35 . 2/10/2010
nice chapter. i liked the snowflake part 'cause i could picture it in my head. it also helped that it had been snowing all day but anyway, nice chapter and please update soon. :)
1,135 | « Prev Page 1 .. 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 .. Last Next »