Reviews for A Lonely Path
StarkidWeasley22 chapter 25 . 3/17
Please update soon! I've grown too attached to this story!
Comrade'sRoza chapter 25 . 3/3
I absolutely loved this story. The way you have shown Remus is just astounding. I would really appreciate it if you could update soon. Have a nice day!
silver rosebud chapter 25 . 2/25
It's almost been a year since you updated, but I'm still hoping you'll continue this
lgbtlovechick chapter 25 . 2/1
Wow! What a roller coaster! Please update soon I am so anxious see what happens does he decide to leave? Does he decide that helps only stay if he lives with Remus? Does he make the connection between scabbers and "the rat" or "dog" and Sirius? Please update soon I can harday stand the tension!
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 25 . 12/17/2016
Amazing story. Sirius really is crazy, isn't he. It's cool how the feelings he had for Sirius in canon, he know has more for Remus. Just, more so.
Update!
darkpheonix31 chapter 25 . 10/15/2016
This fic really drives me crazy! In a good way. You have knack for setting things up and your writing is great. I love the slow-build relationship that Harry has with not only Remus but with everyone. And while my first gut reaction to having him be friends with Neville instead of Ron was negative, I have to admit it really worked for the story. Neville is definitely a quieter, calmer sort, and the person that you made Harry into would definitely respond to that. I also like how you brought Ron into it. I think a lot of people don't give Ron enough credit, seeing him as someone who only values Harry for his fame but given what we've seen of Ron's loyalty during Second and Fifth Year I always found that unfair. I must say though- I'm a huge Sirius fan and you're killing me here! I always felt bad for Sirius who, granted has his faults, but ultimately suffers more than anyone else in the series in my opinion. I keep waiting for all these little hints to come together- Lupin explaining what an animagus is so Harry knows that its possible to turn into a rat. SEEING a rat in his dorm! But you keep yanking them away. I don't know if you're done with this story, I see it hasn't been updated in a while but I hope it keeps going. I really hope that Sirius gets a better deal.
arccie chapter 25 . 10/10/2016
Thoroughly enjoying. :)
hbds chapter 25 . 10/6/2016
Just say the update. Loves updates no matter how long its been.
east231 chapter 25 . 10/5/2016
I really enjoyed this! I hope you keep working on as I'm super curious about what will happen next!
abie chapter 25 . 9/21/2016
I'm so happy to see an update!
Theblackbook chapter 25 . 9/8/2016
Loved it! Keep up the hard work!
GoneWithTheWind chapter 25 . 8/25/2016
What a beautiful story! I usually don't get much interested in stories where Remus is the one looking after Harry (I do prefer the angst of a certain potions master slowly becoming a mentor to the kid... Or even Sirius raising him) but it is so well written that I cannot help but fall for it! Even if you got your own life and job that come first (which is the normal thing to do, so don't apologize for that ;D) I appreciate that after 7 years you haven't given up on this story! So I'm saving this among my favs and I'll check it once in a while, no pressure!
Hope to see how you'll handle the Sirius problem... Poor babe, his brain has been totally addled by the Dementors... Oh and can't wait to see how the teachers will act around Harry now that they know of the abuse... Oh and how I loved those chapters that so well described London... I've been there recently for the first time in my life and I completely loved that I could trace Harry's movements around the town ;)
I really enjoy that you're trying to bring in the story Hermione, Neville and the Weasley's XD... Thinking about it I wonder if he realized that the Maurader's of his map are indeed his father and his friends... Afterall Remus did mention "the maurauders" at one point XD
Anyway I'll conclude by saying that what really captured me was how badass you made Harry sound despite being a lonely kid who tried to hid his powers in the muggle world... I swear, it gave all the vibes of a magical version of Clark Kent... It was just too awesome!
Great story, really... Keep it up when you have a bit of free time to do so ;D
Melindaleo chapter 25 . 8/12/2016
Okay, I've just come to the end of your fabulously epic AU, and I am SO beyond distressed that's its incomplete. I see that you did post last May, so I'm going to hope that this hasn't been abandoned.

First up, I'll be straight up - I'm a canon purist and very rarely read AUs. That said, I do love a good mentor story. This story, I can honestly say is my favorite AU that I've ever found. Favorite because although its AU, it doesn't do anything really weird like have Snape be Harry's father, or Draco Malfoy is best friend or sudden unbridled love for Hermione or anything else I find impossibly stupid.

This was just a heartfelt tale, My heart ached for Harry! The poor thing! I don't know who to cheer for. Yes, I've always loved Remus, but his forlorn attitude over thinking Harry dead seems slightly incongruous since he never bothered with him for 10 years when he really needed him. Deranged Sirius was brilliant and easily plausible. Fudge just makes my skin scrawl, but again, so plausible with the shady politician he is. Even DD - I share your fondness for DD. I know he was faced with impossible choices and truly did care for Harry. Still, sometimes I enjoy a good fic where he's called to task for his colossal mistakes regarding the youth.

The one thing I missed was Harry's connection to his friends, and in these last few chapters, even that has been there. I literally did a fist pump when Ron smuggled Harry treacle tart. I'm such a Weasley lover, and Harry's friendship with Ron is so important to him. I'm aware there are many in the fandom who have issues with him, but honestly, it's not about how they feel, it's about how Harry feels, and Harry needs Ron, so kudos to you for recognizing that.

If I have to offer anything critical - aside from the long delays ;) - I guess the only thing I have is a personal opinion, and I know it's simply mine. I detest Susan Bones. Always have, and I'm aware how unreasonable it is, but so many authors have tried to force a relationship with her, it's just fueled a passionate hatred for the girl. Go figure! If there was anything I'd wish to add - it would be Quidditch. That was always Harry's one joy and escape, so I do wish that for him. Cheers, and I hope to see an update soon!
Meg chapter 25 . 6/26/2016
Too lazy to sign in but I love this story just as much as before! So glad you started writing it again! I just love how you portray Remus and how you do the interactions between him and Harry! Hope you update soon!
Guest chapter 25 . 6/14/2016
Love it! Keep updating please!