Reviews for A Lonely Path
Guest chapter 30 . 9/29/2020
Hi! This story is awesome! I must have read it fifteen times by now! Can't wait for the next update :) Keep being awesome!
K chapter 30 . 9/29/2020
I was so excited when this updated that I decided to read the whole thing again! It took more time than I expected, but soooooo worth it! This is one of my fave HP stories ever. 333
And I so knew that Harry was going to escape. Especially with the Fudging interference. I just hope Sirius will realise what Dumbledore's hints meant and Remus will forgive himself and Harry will realise he'll be happier with people than without them.

Thank you so so so much for writing and sharing this awesome story! Looking forward to the next update! 3
Wild Rose 900 chapter 30 . 9/26/2020
So, I've been following this fic since the beginning or near the beginning at least and just reread the whole thing and... wow! Even after all these years I still come back to this story and get drawn in and love every moment of it. The story, the writing, everything is absolutely brilliant and I can not *wait* to see what happens next! Hope you're staying safe and thank you for writing and sharing this. I really hope to see more soon. :)
phoenix-rob chapter 30 . 9/12/2020
Great story, Leave the Dursleys out of the story, as Harry said they are part of his past and he has moved on. Instead build the story on what Harry is going to do now and how far he can run. Be good to see if he can get to Gringotts and avoid the ministry.
SilverLightning26 chapter 30 . 8/31/2020
Gah! So much drama and tension and angst. And now Harry is leaving it all behind. I can't wait to see what happens next! Please update quickly!
KintsukuroiKint25 chapter 29 . 8/12/2020
Also, Harry's running away again isn't he!? Is this the end of the story? Please, please, please tell me that isn't so!
KintsukuroiKint25 chapter 30 . 8/12/2020
I was rereading this story for like the 70th time when I discovered you'd updated it. I can't begin to tell you how utterly delighted I was! I'm begging you, please, please, please update soon! I need Remus to talk to Harry. I need to know how this resolves itself!
You're brilliant! You're work is brilliant! Keep writing! X
Fuzzfuzz chapter 30 . 8/7/2020
Hello!

It’s been a long time since I’ve signed onto this fanfiction site - I moved to reading most fanfiction on AO3 (Albeit much more sparingly compared to when I was in my teens/early 20s). I use ao3 due to the tendency of higher quality writing. However, I have always been in love with this story, and have been following it very early in its postings - probably 10 years ago (where did the time go?). I was surprised it got revived (maybe I should revive my abandoned stories that are not nearly as good haha). I have a soft spot for Remus, he is my favorite character along with Sirius, and was always angry with Rowling’s half-assed death scene in book 7. I think your characterizations are wonderful and your understanding of how abused kids react to abuse is so well thought out and realistic - speaking as someone who has dealt with a lot of trauma, I really appreciate your characterization of it. I also think the way that Remus approaches it is also realistic and true to character. Only someone so experienced with controlling emotions and patience could really address Harry who is likely to lash out when in a place of safety. I find your writing very therapeutic to read. I hope you can continue to write - you are a wonderful writer. I have enjoyed this story for many years and it has somewhat helped emotionally process or even just escape. Stay safe and healthy from a fellow millennial Harry Potter nerd. Kristine :)
Tigerz2000 chapter 30 . 7/29/2020
This story is amazing! I feel like I started this years ago cause it definitely seemed familiar at first! I’m so happy Sirius’ name was cleared, he deserves justice! And goddammit Harry EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO LOVE YOU. COME BACK. I’ve enjoyed every moment of this story and am eagerly awaiting more.

In terms of Sirius dealing with the Dursley’s, I think maybe Sirius is triggered by something and has an episode, and sets out to kill the Dursley’s. But then has a change of heart and just ends up terrifying them instead. I think that would show he’s still struggling to come to terms with “normal” life, but he’s ultimately winning that battle as he realises Harry and Remus wouldn’t want him to sink that low and become the criminal he was accused of being.
grumpygrim chapter 1 . 7/28/2020
Awesome story! I'm pretty sure I read the start many years ago, but I see you've updated recently so I'm going to do my best to stay up to date
elleay sahbel chapter 30 . 7/19/2020
Amazing story!
a pair of ragged claws chapter 30 . 7/18/2020
This is a great story, and I was happy to see that you updated fairly recently! Your depictions of Harry’s trust issues and Remus’s self-confidence issues seem very realistic, and I was glad you showed how long it took for Harry (and Remus) to open up about the past. I also appreciate that you are continuing with Harry’s trust and independence issues by having him preparing to run away instead of being docile and going with the Weasleys. Even if Harry has appreciated Ron’s treacle tart smuggling and the twins’ brotherly treatment, that doesn’t mean that your version of his character would feel safe going home to live with them: after all, in Harry’s experience, the Dursleys treated their own son well (assuming Harry doesn’t understand that it is also child abuse when one kid has to witness another child being mistreated), so just because the Weasleys are nice to their own kids doesn’t mean they would be nice to Harry (in his mindset, at least). I am just saying this in case some readers (who are also reading reviews) don’t understand why Harry would rather run away than to stay with an apparently nice family. I am looking forward to more trouble and angst as Harry makes his attempt to run away again. Is his Trace still blocked? Does he have his bank key with him?

You left the story at a place where it’s still possible that Harry will be apprehended or change his mind before he gets away. Buy I kind of hope that he manages to escape, because I would like to see him try to blend back into the Muggle world. With the whole six-month trial period (or “sentence”), I kind of think that Harry wouldn’t ever really accept staying in the wizarding world unless he gets to experience living on his own again for awhile. I am guessing he would be kind of sad to start over and that he would miss his friends and Remus, but he is stubborn enough (and has enough trust issues) that I bet he would stay on his own for a long time if he could do that without being caught. Yet after being back on his own and being lonely for awhile, I also bet he wouldn’t be quite as angry to be caught again. This could also lead to an interesting semi-canon run-in with Umbridge and a hearing (since he is a minor trying to live without guardians, and it is also unclear from your story whether he is aware of the Underage Magic Restriction, since he did magic with Remus at home and no one ever mentioned the Restriction to him in a scene). But whether he gets apprehended before leaving the castle or not, I am looking forward to seeing what happens with these characters!

One solution for dealing with the Dursleys is to have Snape do the dirty work. I like your Snape a lot. He cares about Lily (and Harry, even if he would never admit it), but he can’t get over his own psychological issues enough to break his mean attitude. Very in-character, and I approve. But Snape has a history of child abuse of his own, and he saw the marks on Harry’s back in the hospital wing. He is a double-agent spy, knows rare Dark magic, and is Slytherin enough to come up with a sly and evil way to get some retribution and revenge on the Dursleys without anyone suspecting him (except maybe Dumbledore). Unlike Sirius, who is understandably still struggling with sanity (another character of yours that I like very much—I think we don’t get to see enough of his post-incarceration struggles in canon), Snape would be able to come up with a devious plan, execute it flawlessly, and cover his tracks. I don’t imagine he would ever admit his actions to anyone, but it would be best if Remus and Sirius somehow end up hearing that something happened to the Dursleys so that Sirius doesn’t do anything stupid. It could also be possible that a deranged Sirius would show up at the Dursleys with a half-assed plan and find the results of Snape’s ire—or to add even more drama, he could walk in on Snape and they could have a grudging little distrustful bonding moment over the Dursleys while Snape would also get to deride Sirius’s idiotic plan (I’m just assuming Sirius is not sane enough to get revenge on the Dursleys without leaving a magical trail that would lead straight back to him and land him in Azkaban all over again, as Remus has already noted). Anyway, you asked for ideas about the Dursleys, so this is just one possible route. Plus I would enjoy seeing that scene with Snape and it would allow you to develop his character more fully.

Thanks for writing! I have read hundreds or thousands of fanfics, and this is a plot that I’ve never quite seen, which I appreciate, and again, I’m looking forward to seeing where you take it! With coronavirus, fan fictions have become my life (embarrassing but true), so I hope you will update again soon!
Kimberly T chapter 30 . 6/8/2020
This is a heart-wrenching story and it is somehow exactly what I wanted to read today. It must have been, because I just plowed through all thirty chapters without hardly coming up for air!

Looks like Harry has decided to leave Hogwarts early, in order to escape the Ministry's grasp. The Weasleys will be very disappointed and probably more than a bit hurt, but hopefully it won't take long for them to understand why-especially if a furious Cornelius lets slip some of the plans he'd had for Harry while ranting about his disappearance, and they realize they would eventually had had to choose between watching Harry get used by the political machine, or watching Arthur scuttle his own career trying to protect him from the worst.

Now that Harry's leaving Hogwarts, will we see Hedwig again? It did seem like she just disappeared from the story, as suddenly as she'd arrived.
ranger of east chapter 1 . 5/25/2020
I love your story, Baguette. Thank you so much for writing it!
It was so heart warming to witness Harry opening up to Remus to the point of wondering if this is what having a parent feels like. And also Remus caring for Harry like his own son. Sometimes I want to smack the both of them, tho. I feel like they both underestimate their relationship and I do understand why they would think that but I still wanna smack them to their sensesI mean for the love of god Remus! Harry loves you and needs you! and Harry, how can you think that Remus is angry at you? My Goooood these two...
And the part where Harry defended Sirius even tho he wasn't sure of his innocence because the punishment was just cruel.
I feel so bad for Sirius he went through so much! At first I didn't know what to think of him for wanting to kill Remus only bacause he didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. but when we got to see things from his point of view I feel so bad for him. I hate Azkaban how can they treat the prisoners like that! Poor Sirius couldn't even think, his mind was so damaged.
I can't wait to see Remus and Sirius helping each other healpoor thempoor the three of themokay I'm rambling now... BUT HOW CAN HARRY LEAVE WITHOUT SEEING REMUS NOOOOOOOOOOO. I mean he even went to see Sirius for the last time but not Remus? I understand of course but I still wanna strangle him :
I am thoroughly enjoying my time in lockdown :D
Guest chapter 24 . 5/25/2020
This is getting so maudlin.
1,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »