Reviews for A Lonely Path
Teufel1987 chapter 30 . 5/21/2020
I see you have gone with the movie rendition of Sirius Black instead of the better more well-rounded book (canon) version... canon Sirius had never confused Harry with James at any point of his life. He knew who he was talking to.

I do not get why Harry would be against getting back at the Dursleys. His life has been quite hard. You'd think he'd be quite used to taking every opportunity to get back at people.
Either way, if you want a good way to take care of the Dursleys: well, to them social standing is everything. Take that away, take away their sterling reputation, the false image of perfection that they love to project, make the people in their social circle hate them, and you've really got back at them.
Vernon was supposed to be the director of a company. Having that job taken away from him (while not easy) will be quite a blow to the man.
Petunia being seen by her neighbours as a freak would be a serious blow to her.

And the best way anyone who wants to get retribution against the Dursleys can do that is to simply make the world aware of the truth; Let everyone know that Vernon and Petunia abused their nephew and even perhaps killed him off. Harry need not be present to testify because he will be presumed dead. With no proof of him being alive, what recourse do the Muggles have but to charge the Durselys with murder?
But before that, expose Dudley's actions of juvenile delinquency and bullying to all, with solid proof.
Vernon and Petunia should know how much they failed as parents before being hauled off to jail.
But whatever is done, one thing should be clear; there should be no evidence to the Dursleys that it was a wizard/witch who did all this to them. Because that will give them something to hang onto, and make their new lives more bearable. We don't want that, do we?
Aouregan chapter 30 . 5/14/2020
I just read your entire story and really enjoy it. I love how you have portrayed Harry and his pain, his unwillingness to allow anybody to get too close. I love how you portrayed Remus and Sirius. As a matter of fact, I love how you portrayed all the characters here.

I really do hope that Harry finds happiness. It seems that he wants to stay with Remus, but Remus won't allow it because he's terrified he will hurt him.

As for the retribution against the Dursleys. I feel that Sirius would be angry that the Dursleys hurt Harry and would do something rash, but on the other hand, I don't see him going in without having a plan. He'd most likely get the Dursleys to confess to the abuse. I don't really see him going in and blasting curses at them, but he'd be really angry because Harry should have been loved by his aunt and uncle, and their abuse clearly did a lot of damage.

I do hope that you upload another chapter soon, but understand that you are busy.
Guest chapter 30 . 5/13/2020
Please update soon! I'm so bored and lonely in self-isolation, and this fanfic is literally my favourite ! X
Sunset74 chapter 30 . 5/9/2020
So glad you updated-really enjoyed the chapter, even though my heart hurts for everyone at this point! This story is one that has stuck with me over the years, and I am always happy to see an update!
Guest chapter 30 . 5/9/2020
This is an amazing story.
C chapter 30 . 5/8/2020
Loved the chapter, an unexpected treat and I'm already looking forward to the next
Melindaleo chapter 30 . 5/7/2020
Wow, heavy chapter! From the tone, I'm guessing Harry won't end up with the Weasleys, which really makes me sad because I honestly think Arthur would be the best possible role model. Remus won't fight for Harry, and Sirius fought the wrong battle. That's my take, anyway, and I really do like both flawed characters - I just don't think they're what Harry really needs.

As for the Dursleys, I agree with you that Sirius wouldn't let them get away with it. What matters most is appearances with them, so I think he should do something to have all the neighbors talking about them and pointing fingers, much as they did to Harry. I agree that a trial would cause far more harm than good to Harry.

So, now that I'm thoroughly bummed out, I'm still going to grin and tell you what a wonderful job you're doing with this story!
rowenasheir chapter 30 . 5/6/2020
Have Dudley removed from their care. The ay they treat him is as much abuse as the way they treat HP although in a different way. Then, they are so obsessed with being regarded as pillars of the community, normal. Destroy that. Have PD removed from the community clubs and teas. have her the topic of the local gossips and scandle-mongers. have them sell up their house and move to make a new start. (Being away from that house will also prevent AD from having any ideas of returning HP there!)
LizWolf61991 chapter 30 . 5/6/2020
Thank you so much for an update! I hope you are well.
As for what sirius should do, I'm not entirely sure but maybe after he stabilizes mentally a little more, he goes and doesnt use magic? Like, not murder but maybe rough Vernon up a bit.
Wraith and Demjin chapter 30 . 5/6/2020
I loved this chapter! Sirius is like "the both of you are idiots" as he tries to explain to both of them that the other one is neither angry at them nor has any reason to be angry. It was adorable. Thanks for the update! :)
Bug-eyed Monster chapter 30 . 5/5/2020
I vote for Sirius buying a house in their neighborhood, driving around in an expensive car, and then just being a 'freak' as often as possible near the Dursleys. They'll be wanting to get close and friendly with the new 'rich' neighbor, until he shows off that he's a wizard...

Anyway, I've been enjoying this fic.
Nanchih chapter 30 . 5/5/2020
One thing about Real Life is that there sometimes ISN'T any proper kind of closure. Sometimes you move away, sometimes someone dies. Gandalf said it well, something like 'Gollum deserves Death. There are others who deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then, do not be so willing to deal out Death.' Possibly the most that can be done to the Dursleys is to leave them alone. Let Dudley grow up (he's 16 now) and discover just what sort of people they are. Harry may be a Lord in another year, take up his family title and seat. The news of that hitting Little Whinging will shatter the 'normal' facade.
alc219 chapter 30 . 5/5/2020
Love seeing a new chapter! And a wonderful one at that! xx
efilokeflibeechlall chapter 30 . 5/5/2020
It's one of the best fanfiction I've read and I'm so so happy you updated!
it's very much in character for thisHarry to leave like that... I really want to know what will happen next
Guest chapter 30 . 5/5/2020
So glad you updated! Restrictions in Australia have me so desperate for more fanfiction and yours has always been my favourite. Can't wait for the next chapter.
1,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »