Reviews for Fissure
Jenn1 chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
It's really hard to find a really good Trent fic, let alone one that is in character with the other rangers. This was quite thought provoking and very well done.
Deliciously Delirious chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
*incoherent screeching*
Well, you win. That was the greatest angsty PRDT fanfiction I have EVER read. It was completely in-character, especially during the emotional moments. It flowed excellently, a 10/10 on my scale. X3
Guest chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
I loved it.
I can't even tell you how much.
Crying right now.
nequam-tenshi chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
I love how you identified what was causing Trent to separate himself from the others; great job with the details. It nearly made me cry.
Seren Maris chapter 2 . 4/22/2011
Another great short story! It makes me nostalgic for DT. I always liked Trent, and you depict his guilt and powerful emotions very well. As you pointed out, the scary thing about being an evil ranger is not, well, being evil, but thinking that you were somehow meant to be evil because of a personal flaw. That's a much deeper and persistent doubt than the simple, "I don't belong here because of my past actions."

Since I'm more used to your stories written in present tense, I was surprised by this one, written in past. In a way, I feel like the ones in present are more distinctive, in that your voice really shines through. That's not a poor reflection at all on this story, just a comment after seeing several of your stories. As always, you're very concise, both in word choice and how you construct scenes. All the elements of your stories work towards forwarding and resolving the main conflict, which can be tricky to do. Awesome work!
Summer SoLo chapter 2 . 3/28/2011
I really loved this one. So few people try to tackle the complexities of Trent, and the ones that do rarely succeed, but you've done both. I really felt for him, and the other characters as well. It was extremely well-characterized and had some great humor that, in an angst/friendship story, I didn't really expect. I guess my only complaint is I wish there was more, lol. Can't wait to read your other stuff.
Kamen Rider Lynx chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
This is a wonderful story. The way you compare and contrast things is brilliant, and I love the friendship and siblinghood amongst the Rangers. If anything, I would ask for a chapter with Trent talking to Tommy not long after and seeing how the others react/help. That would have to be all I needed to get my closure. Either way, wonderful job!
Kathrine chapter 2 . 3/30/2010
It would likely be considered too 'mature' for a kids show, but I still think that /this/ is exactly what Dino Thunder needed. And that line about the mind-control being similar to rape - ouch. So very true and so very painful. Thank you for sharing this.
AnnAbserver chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
Thank you! However sad and depressing that was, and however bad I feel for Trent and that girl who lost her sister, thank you! I so wanted a story where they showed that ranger solidarity with Trent just as you showed, and what great writing! I loved it when Trent was ripping up his pictures and you immediately let us see Kira's equivalent with song lyrics. Brilliant and moving, please keep writing such great stories!
mainestreet chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I'm so oblivious! I flipped through your reviews, hoping to gouge out who would have the best story recs, when I realised they were all talking about parts of the story I didn't remember reading... I eventually found my way to the second chapter. Am I ever glad I did! Oh Trent's unconfortableness and the sweetness of the "confrontation" and it was just perfect! I totally agree with Tsukino Akume, this should be canon! LOVE THIS! 3
mainestreet chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I really liked how you structured this piece. The shift from weariness to self-disgust was subtle and showed something deeper than the general angst most fic writers throw Trent's way... I enjoyed this! Plus, I'm pretty sure I've read some of your other work with the same pleasure! :)
JasonTKD chapter 2 . 10/11/2009
“You know, that’s not going to work on Dr O. The whole ‘rangers take care of their own’ card might work on Hayley, but Dr O’s a ranger, so it’s not going to work on him.”

Not only that, but Tommy's the original evil Ranger-and HE did things that were much nastier than what Trent did.

After all, Tommy trashed the Zords twice, damaged Alpha twice, sent Zordon away twice, beat up the entire team 2 or 3 times..the only thing he did only once was nearly stabbing Jason thru the chest lol
Tsukino Akume chapter 2 . 10/4/2009
-Flails- WHY IS THIS NOT CANNON?

It's beautiful, and heartbreaking, and devastating. It takes Trent's time as an evil Ranger *seriously*, without downplaying it, casting guilt as easily as it forgives. And bringing up Kira's mind-control experience, and calling it *rape* ... It's perfect. It's everything I wanted to see. Trent's grief and guilt, the fact that the rest of the team *acknowledges* it, and *forgives* him, even defending him to Hayley ... Even Conner and Ethan are perfect in their reactions, and Trent's thoughts about it being weird and creepy and still being too far gone to care.

Thank you so much for writing this. This is what Dino Thunder, for all that I love it so, *should* have been. I hope to see more of this timeline, because I'm absolutely in love.
YellowPrincess chapter 2 . 9/30/2009