Reviews for The pool
Mirvena chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Aha - in supernatural mood again, Q. I can imagine the five of them sitting around the campfire trying to scare each-other stupid with stories. This sounds like an old Tracy ritual. But when is it set, I wonder? Pre-IR days, presumably? And good to know someone's watching out for the boys.
bandj4ever chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Oh, delightfully atmospheric and so much packed into a smart, neat package. Each brother crisply defined. I laughed at Gordon's quip 'our master's voice' - quite a cultural reference in my part of the world. Well done that you left more than a little mystery in the end. This story confirms to me that more is not necessarily better - short and oh so sweet. Cheers.
woahtherepetal chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Great mix of usual brotherly banter and sentimental value, even if it was very under the surface.

I'm loving the supernatural element of this short story. I always look out for them, and this has been one of my favourites. :)

Good job!

x
Ech'lye chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Oh wow. I loved this.

To begin with I wasn't quite sure how one of the brothers getting kissed was going to fit into the plot- but the way the campfire tales led towards the conclusion of the story was amazing and brilliant.

The banter shared by all of the brothers was so well written, and so utterly plausible for five siblings, some of whom still have a lot of growing up to do!

To begin with I thought it was Scott warning the sprite to leave off the boys, but having re-read this, I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't...

I hope your story did well in the challenge.
Abby Jones chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Quiller - when you told me the subject was a kiss a brother - I had thought something quite different! This is a good story - wonderful to see the Muse back. I do like the mythology of the water sprite, and the rare interaction of all the brothers together
tiylaya chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
As you know, I read and very much enjoyed this story when you posted it to the writers' forum, but I've just reread it and wanted to say again how good I thought it was.

I was impressed at how well you brought out the characters of the boys in a relatively short piece, and in particular Scott and Alan came through very clearly. I also loved the story telling around the campfire, with particular kudos to Gordon for his quick thinking. Scott might well have had all evening to come up with his tale. Gordon's imaginative response was impressively well thought through for the spur of the moment.

The two lines that really struck in my mind though were "like a mask made out of mercury, the features in a constant state of flow" and Alan's thought for his brothers waking to find him - both conjured powerful mental images with the minimum of excess words!

Great writing, and a pleasure to read.
McHammy chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
That was a really nice little tale. Its lovely to think the boys have their mother watching over them. A pleasure to read.
Phx chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
I hope this won or at least had an awesome showing 'cause gal -this was awesome. First I was suckered in by the brotherly banter and - I will admit - Alan :P yeah, I adore the kid so any fic that actually has in it (as long as its not a mushy love story type of thing 'cause so not my thing, lol!), I'm for. Oh and as long as he isn't being written as a brat. Which he wasn't.

I totally adore the setup of the brothers bascially bonding and spending time together regardless of whatever ruse. And camping by that crepy little pool actually gave me the creeps. But the best part for me was when Alan woke up and the thing was there - and it went after him! I got chills (see top about being Alan girl, lol!) and then when the other spirit (His mom? I wasn't completely sure) laid claim to him, and his brothers :P I was cheering.

Awesome fic, girl, awesome!
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
When I first read the description for this story, my initial reaction was to go "Huh?". It sounded so unlike your usual style, I was almost hesitant to read it. But you've never disappointed me in the past, so I ploughed on ahead...

And I'm so glad I did.

It was great to see a supernatural/mystical element integrate itself with the Thunderbirds universe. I really admire authors who write something that's totally original and unexpected. The closest I've ever got to the supernatural genre in my own Thunderbirds series is an intellectual parrot with precognitive powers. But this? This is a whole new level of awesome. LOVED it.

Great job!

xox
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Oh wow, what a story. i can only hope that was Alan's mother watching over her boys, making sure that the water sprite new her sons were off limits.