Reviews for Because of Houdini
CyanideDreams610 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh, poor Dean. I can't wait to see what happens next!
masondixon chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Very nice chapter. Loved the way Dean presented himself to both Sam and Jess and loved the way Sam took in his brother and liked what he saw. And the way he went right back to ministering to Dean's condition and how much Dean appreciated it. I look forward to chapter 3. Thank You.
Justme chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I'm glad to see you back with another chaper...I think.

Good that you're back but bad to see Dean hurt so much.

It's terrifying that anyone should have to suffer through their life with this awful disease.

And to see Dean submit to Sam's ministrations without too much of a fight-because he's weak-and hell-he NEEDS it.

It's heart-wrenching.

You can feel Jessica's confusion-her anger with Sam and then her ultimate softening.

Putting aside whatever Sam did or didn't tell her about Dean-it's clear that Sam loves his big brother very much.

The way he so easily falls back into taking care of Dean's needs is wonderful to watch.

No wonder she loves Sam so much.

Anyway-I vote that Dean stays and catches up on things with Sam-and get some much needed rest.

Please continue when you get the chance.
Foreverwolf chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Can't get over the feeling that Sam is sort of a jerk in this fic.

Excellent. Can't wait for more. Love Jess's reaction to an apparently dead brother showing up!
GiveMePeace chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
OMG I'm so in love with this story! Please hurry with the next update!
NongPradu chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Oh God! This was just so heart-wrenching!

Since this is a Stanford-era AU, please, please, please tell me you're not going to kill Jess in this one! I really like her, and I love the way you've portrayed her here.

There are so many things to comment on that I don't even know where to begin... The beginning with Dean and Derek was so clever - juxtaposing the healthier, more optimistic Derek with Dean's resigned irritation. Derek who had all the means of being as healthy as someone with CF can be, versus Dean who just didn't. And in the end nature still took its course: Derek still died, but Dean is still here.

And Sam. Good God, there's so much you're doing with Sam in this. He's so real it's almost painful to read. The conflicted feelings of worry, anger, even annoyance, shame, guilt, and affection, make him so damned BELIEVABLE! Having grown up with a sick!Dean would have been so hard on a young Sam, especially growing up the way they did. And when he was younger, Sam simply wouldn't have *gotten* it. Maybe now he does and he feels terrible about it?

And Dean. Sweet, awesome Dean. This is the way I think he would have been on the show if he did have some kind of terminal illness growing up. Brave, resigned, not complaining but just soldiering along toward the final countdown.

You're breaking my heart with this and it hurts so good!

More please!
JamieMc chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
thanks :D

hoping for a quick update plz

just cant let us hang like that :)

take care ('-')
JamieMc chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
HEY, what this look awesome from here :D

eh I never know what to say for a start but I loved it (maybe kinda sick in the head myself :p )

kep it up please, want you to know that I surely 'll stick with you for this ;)

take care keep writing you made my day :D
Anon chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
If I were Jessica it's Sam who would be terminal now. And I hope at some point Sam does stop seeing just the disease & see the fighter & hero he is & needs him to see.
Lbdba chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Really like this, keep it up!
CriesofCapricorn chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
I really like this. (I'm a sucker for sick!Dean, too!) I hope you write more soon!
IheartSam7 chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Holy hell that was so amazing. So passionate, and filled with love. I know someone who died from CF when I was a kid, and my friend's sister is fighting it right now. She is 23! I have always had a place in my heart for the disease, and fight for the cure. So, thanks for writing this, and maybe enlightening some people who have no clue what it is all about!
faith-in-Faith chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
i don't have words to tell you how wonderful I think this is. It's sad and beautiful and touching and you had me crying several times. Wonderful work. I'm looking forward for more!
spn-mamma chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
You posted YAY

I love the finished product :)

Dean and Sam are down just perfect.

Really looking forward to the next part.

Erin x
silver ruffian chapter 2 . 10/12/2009
Yeah, I'm still here. You're ripping my heart out and tap dancing on it, but I'm still here. Please update soon.
299 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 Next »