Reviews for Because of Houdini
mtee1958 chapter 13 . 2/22/2010
Glad to hear we will get more.

This was such a good story. Thank you so much.
Maz101 chapter 13 . 2/22/2010
This has been a really amazing story. So informative, so painful, so well characterised and written.

Who the hell knows where our preferences (er... should I call then fetishes?) come from - I read you profile and your honest admition of interest in the affects of chronic illness. From a story point of view - especially in the Winchester context - I can see the huge scope for the expression of so many emotions. This fic has explored so much of what must affect so many (not just CF sufferers). You were so astute to see and follow the possibilities in Sam & Dean's relationship with each other and those close to them (Sam's relationship with Jess and her characterisation have been written so cleverly). All those issues of invalid/carer, dependence/freedom, strength/weakness, are uniquely developed through the situation you created.

If I were a CF sufferer I imagine I would be so pleased to see such a story - so well researched and so brutal in its portrayal of this horrible illness but showing the strength of those who live with it and around it.

You have a great writing style...In this chapter I loved..."Air knocks, trips, finagles its way up around over the barriers in his lungs. Waking up is like drowning, every single time." Great imagery.

And loved..."Why did he run?

Because Stanford's glossy brochure made him promises it couldn't keep. Because Jessica and normal and things less senseless, less frightening, more muted, more safe- the brochure said all of that was waiting for him there.

Because he was selfish. Because he was a coward. Because he was brave enough to say goodbye. Because it was the only way he could control the disease. Because hunting was going to make Dean die faster. Because Dean couldn't escape but Sam could."...it seems to me a perfect expression of Sam and is beautifully written.

It has been a painful read at times but I have loved it. Thank you!
drkstormynite chapter 13 . 2/22/2010
Thanks Wave-

I really enjoyed this story.

I suffer with asthma so this story was really interesting for me.

You did a great job.

I can't wait for more stories of the brothers' travels!

Take good care!
NongPradu chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
Oh my God, what a bittersweet ending to this delicious angst-fest of Dean!pain! I loved every last drop. M... nummy!

Now I'm sitting with fork and knife as I bang them belligerently on the table demanding, "I want more!"

So what's next? More sick Dean sir please sir! Oh! I'd love to see you do a teen!Dean cancer story. (You just do sick!Dean/worried!Sam so well!)
1983Sarah chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
That was a great ending. Both brothers learned what it was like to walk in each others shoes plus you totally left it open for more fics in this verse, which I love! Great job.
Justme chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
Another great story!.

I'm glad Sam ended up going with Dean.

As much as Sam deserves a life with Jess-I think that he's come to realize that the Winchester's just don't do "normal".

A white picket fence kind of life is not what Sam (or Dean) were destined to live.

It's better that they are on the road-together.

Who cares if their relationship is slightly co-dependent.

(Okay-intensely co-dependent)They need each other.

Both of them know that in a tight spot his brother will have his in the end-bottom line-each of them is the only one that the other has in the world.

May it be that way for years to come.

So-it's off to the next adventure.

I can't wait!
bia1007 chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
"I wanna be here, while you're around. That's all. That's it." This was a truly wonderful end to this amazing story, can’t thank you enough for writing and sharing with us – oh and I’m so happy to hear there will be more fics in this verse, YES!
Carol81Brazil chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
Really like the ff. Very good, and Dean been sick is perfect.

Great job.

Kisses from Brazil.

Carol
TheKritty chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
First of all: I am SO SO happy that there'll be more stories in this 'verse!Because I happenend to actually love it *lol*

This was a great last chapter! Loved the passages with sick Sam, it made my heart hurt. And man, Dean did a great job caring for him, with being sick himself and all.

I also liked the reference(s) to Derek.

Oh - and liked the scene with Jess,it made me smirk!*lol* You showed a real cool Jess in this one!xD

Oh end the end passage was beautiful!You have an epic writing style,I really fell for it!

I'm looking forward to more in this 'verse!

Kritty
zhen123 chapter 13 . 2/20/2010
This was great! I enjoyed reading it so much! I can't wait to read more from this 'verse.
anon chapter 13 . 2/20/2010
I love your ending! I love your verse! I love you! I mean too perfect how this whole experience ended with them each for the first time feeling what it was like to literally walk in the other's shoes. And at the end there's total hope because yeah Dean's sick but Sam is there and they are together and that's all that matters every other odd they can beat as long as they're together and that is the heart of what makes Supernatural great. Brilliant writing, idea, story, verse, everything! Looking forward to more!
Lisa chapter 13 . 2/20/2010
Awesome job! I'm so excited to hear there will be more. :)
masondixon chapter 13 . 2/20/2010
The last line was the best: There will be more fics in this verse. I was going to ask but you answered me. A great story. I enjoyed every chapter. Thank You for writing it and I very much look forward to more. I do have one other question, if I may: What does the title mean? Thank You.
penless chapter 13 . 2/20/2010
Wow, awesome story! Looking forward to what you do next with this verse.
Noninone chapter 13 . 2/20/2010
Aw its over.

Thanks for this awesome story ;D

Til next.