Reviews for Shade
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
A chilling, but good poem.

As I neared the end of the poem, I could almost feel Durza's rage, but also power, as he became a Shade. This is an interesting take on Durza's back story. It's been a couple of years since I last read one of the books in the Inheritance Cycle, but you did well here.

-Aria Breuer
Bralt chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Wow, you are an amazing writer. That was just awesome. My favorite lines would have to be where you're describing all the changes. Truly amazing, well done
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Oh. My. Gods. This is a true piece of poetry. I can't describe it with words... Just...

Just, I can't believe this. Am I dreaming? It's amazing. Marvellous. Just plain awesome.
InkWeaverabc chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
WOW that as good you are an awesome poet truely.

My favourate line is this one:

A Shade of what I once had been.

That sort of helped me get it! I always thought 'what does it mean, Shade. Why Shade?' Now I will always think 'A Shade of what I once had been.'

Great work!
Lysana chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
OUCH! That HURTS! For those 168 words I was him. I'm still reeling. Wow, you know?

I don't know what else to say. Your imagery is beautiful. I don't know the setting but I didn't need to.

As happens sometimes, I can hardly choose favorite lines without just choosing ALL of the lines in this poem. But I guess I have to say it's these:

"Though I weep, he merely laughs at me,

"You summoned me – you have a price to pay."

Dark magic will have its violent fee."

Again, OUCH! Thank you for the wonderful, terrible ride. You've taken your understanding of this character's (albeit fictitious) soul and transmitted that feeling right to my heart. That's communication, and that's what writing is all about. One hundred percent success on your part.

(OUCH!)

-Lysana
JadeNyx chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Wonderful poem. The only tiny little thing I would change if it were me would be the last it was me I would change 'is here' to 'remains' so the the last stanza would be:

"Driven from lands with black thoughts filled,

All I know now is his hate and fear.

Forgotten, the man I'd once tried to save.

Carsaib is gone, and only Durza remains."

However, that's just my opinion and since it's your poem it's your choice. Great job once again.
Solangedrama chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Well written poem. Love it!