Reviews for Happily Ever After
hervissa chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Lovely as always :)
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this. It had the perfect marriage of hope and reality for us Sweenett fans.

I have to say, I enjoyed Mrs. Lovett's subtle dig at the beginning with her sweet remark about him not drinking the tea. It's always nice to see her sticking up for herself rather than just following his every order blindly - of course, she had good reason to, here. Who likes being interrupted when they're reading a good book? I for one certainly don't!

I also love how dismissing and disgusted Sweeney was by the books Mrs. Lovett read, it's totally in character for him as he understands nothing of the world any more. Though, you would think him of all people would know what it was like to imagine other worlds - he spends half his time thinking about Lucy still being around. The "poison of the mind" comments certainly know how to crush someone's dreams! If you can't tell, I'm totally on Mrs. Lovett's side. Books are a beautiful means of escape.

However, I'm delighted that his feelings on the books spur him on to tell Mrs. Lovett his own experiences abroad - it's a wonderful way of getting them to connect.

These conversations about love never fail to make me feel sad for Mrs. Lovett. And when Sweeney began talking about Lucy, I just wanted to cry for her. Of course, he wasn't to know how she felt, so I can let him off, especially since he kissed her to make up for it! I love the concept that he kissed her so she could understand what a proper kiss was like. I'm so glad you kept it real too, by not having him suddenly realise he's loved Mrs. Lovett all along - the way you wrote that he acknowledged that kissing her wasn't as bad as he feared, but he would never love her was perfect, and could also give us hope as readers - if he can enjoy kissing her, then perhaps he can begin to love her at some point in his own way - not like he loved Lucy, but love/care for her nevertheless.

And then Sweeney went and committed the worst crime of all by burning a book. His whole speech about there being no such thing as a happy ending was so typical of him too, but again I am on Mrs. Lovett's side. I really love how you kept the theme of books running parallel to this story the entire way through. It worked beautifully.

And, before I forget, I also adore the way you draw attention to Mrs. Lovett's eyes. Like we've said before, Helena's eyes in the film was so expressive and you've basically captured the essence of that here. :D
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I loved this so much! :D
TheAlmightyMeow chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Loved it :')

Really, this is going in my favorite and you're in my favorite authors!

It was so sweet and i really loved how the relation between them... eh... sorry but I have trouble finding words to describe it english not being my native language S

Anyway, let's make it short: In character, Sweet, Loved everyting!
Charmingly-Evil chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
wow. that's such a sweet story! i absolutely lovett! i luved the stioryt concept an the writting. that story just stuck a smile on my face, lol. fabolous job.

xo
Sweeney Todd chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Loved it!
unamuerte chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
WOW. This. Was. Genius.

Talk about seduction by books. This fic has everything, as far as I'm concerned. It has books, Nellie, Sweeney being temporarily nice, and Sweeney ACTUALLY TALKING to her. The sparring between them is just perfect - I'm of course on Nellie's side as far as her books are concerned, but I can't complain as you made Mr T so human in this fic - I was reminded throughout of those little moments in the film where he lowers the mask and we get a little bit of Benjamin looking out at the world. Yes - a happy ending the beat-up, battered, scarred and screwy sweenett way!

My Monday just got so much better after reading this one-shot.

Lovett to death!
wingsofseyfert12 chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Che calm down or what? Trying to read your stories here and I find you wrote "another"...you keep this up and I'll be an old man before I finish all your Sweeny Todd fics!

Ahem...anyway I love the way you started this story off. Very subtle and in character. I love how Sweeny Todd thinks that the books are reading is "poison" and has taken it upon himself to prove it without realizing that he is engaging in acts that he would rather not...very smart and creative way in getting them together.

I do have a gripe though. Being a guy I have to say that Mr. Todd either has nerves of steel or has erectile dysfunction because having no contact with a woman whatsoever for fifteen years is just plain torture. Me thinks the very moment Mrs. Lovett kissed Mr. Todd he would have succumbed right away (being a natural reaction)and have his hands all over her. He would only realize his folly after about a minute or so when the initial "pleasantness" has worn off.

Even so, you still had him succumb afterwards anyway (without it being too graphic) so it all works out in the end.

In all, a very good oneshot, cast is in character, intro was great and the mood was subtle without it being too draft. Overall, I enjoyed it very much! :)
Thalia-Sandy chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Aw this story makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I also love how you described Mrs Lovett as an innocent virgin, whereas in most fanfiction she is...well,let's say...quite experienced.
Selina Kyle 23 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
That was soo beautiful! I love how Sweeney decides to help Nellie, no matter the subject :))And Nellie is sweet as always!

Another splendid oneshot :X
x-nellie-lovett-x chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
wow, that was wonderful, Mrs. Lovett always seems to be reading romance novels bless her! I thought you wrote the relationship between them very well and realistically, great job! xx
linalove chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This was so beautiful!I loved it,hon!Very well done!:)
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 9/30/2009