Reviews for Watching
BadAssPoet chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I was very pleased to see that somebody had written a story for Heaven Eyes, I am a great fan of the book and of David Almond and I must say that after reading 'Watching' that I may have also become a great fan of yours :D

You maintained the bleak atmosphere of the novel and showed a key understanding of the central characters, while also managing to develop some of them further, such as the central focus, Wilson Cairnes, who was just an interesting ensemble character in the book. The imitation of Erin Law's narrative was done to perfection and your description of Wilson's growth and departure was extremely moving.

I particularly enjoyed the passage where Erin reminisces about January. I probably would've liked you to have made more of a point of January and Erin's underlying romantic attachment, but this is personal and is not at all a criticism of your writing.

I could bang on and on about how much I enjoyed it and how effective I found your writing to be, but to make a long story short, very well done, NorthernTrash-x. Keep at it! :D
Saluta-Blue chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Wow... I mean, wow. I stumbled across this by accident, when I was browsing. I've always been heartbroken that there is no David Almond fanfic on this site, but this totally makes up for the lack. It is just beautiful. just... perfect. Completely wonderful.
Vermillion Serpent chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Thank you so much, this was really nice, I loved it :) You wrote the characters really well and it was really really good, thankyou!

From Near