Reviews for Ask No Questions
PokedragonofKonoha chapter 17 . 22h
Can you PLEEEEAAAASE update? This story is absolutely amazing and I NEED MOOOOOORE!
A kind reviewer chapter 4 . 11/24
Can I just say I love the way you incorporate foreign language? A bit of italics and basic French mixed with italicized English for all us non-French speakers. It's done so well - I wish that every author wrote it like this. Just enough of a hint to tell us it's a foreign language, but then italicized English. It's even better than just saying they're speaking a language and breaking into italics - it really sets the tone, if that makes any sense. Like, we read a bit of the foreign language part and then we're prepared mentally for the rest. I don't know exactly how to express it, but I'm certain the way you've done it is the best way ever.

Anyway, what are your ideas for this story? Can we just have a bullet point list of what you planned or something? I know it's been a while, but you seem like the type to have planned this out thoroughly.

A kind reviewer chapter 14 . 11/20
Can I just say I find your use of dashes positively dashing? It really makes the narrative have your voice. You use them to add a little more detail without sounding clunky. "It wasn't going fast - perhaps thirty miles an hour? - and Alex made up his mind." Or here: "'No, not spy - you don't need to take notes.'" You make dialogue sound so natural with your dashes! And then in narration it really adds flair.

I just wanna know what happens...
A kind reviewer chapter 4 . 11/19
Wow, I just... I love the way you write so much. You have this way of reviewing what's happened - like where Mrs. Jones knew all about Point Blanc - without it being too long or overbearing. It feels like this is a real sequel to the series because of little things like that. And it's not just there, either - sometimes you review stuff from Ask No Questions, like how much info Eagle/Wolf reveal.

It's beautiful, really - It's like I can hear a narrator, gently reminding me what happened previously so that I can really settle into the story. I love it!

Anyway, I still have that request: can you tell me what happens, even if you never finish writing this? You have great ideas, writing, everything - and I guess I'm just dying for one last taste to get rid of that faded cliffhanger aftertaste.

Take care ~~~
A kind reviewer chapter 14 . 11/18
Wow, it's been a while... and here come the holidays!

I was just rereading this chapter and, as always, something new and refreshing popped up. I forgot that Alex had a phone number from his break-in - and I don't think he told Blunt, Jones, and Ben about it. Normally, I'd attribute that to author error, but not with you! You definitely had something planned. If Alex calls that number, who will pick up? I'm dying to know!

You always seem to have everything planned out - that's something I really like about your writing. Little details spring up again and again, almost testing the reader.

So... even if you never write anything more for this, can you tell us what you have planned? Even if it's a bullet-point list of ideas, I want to read it! Maybe it's selfish of me to ask you after all these years, but I'd really like to know what happens, even if you don't write it out.

Thanks again for a fabulous work!
Someonecallhere chapter 17 . 10/29
I love how human you keep your characters. They aren't too happy or too depressed, but normal in the situation. Please update soon!
InArduisFidelis-RAMC chapter 17 . 10/20
Brilliant chapter. I am still sticking with this in the hope that you one day continue :)
St. Danger chapter 17 . 8/9
oh my god i forgot how amazing this fic is. it's one of my faves to reread 3
PaintMe chapter 17 . 7/21
Hey there! I started reading this aaaaggeeess ago, and just recently decided to reread all,of it. Please update if you are still interested in continuing it, it's one of my favourite fics, and the one that got me into fanfiction (you're to blame! Lol) but seriously, it would mean so much if you could consider continuing this, it's such an amazing read :)
A kind reviewer chapter 10 . 7/11
Wow... I just realized that this story started six years ago. I remember when it first came out, when it was first coming out... I was so excited for each chapter, and there quite a few that I caught before it showed up - I think there were two times I actually was looking at the story when you updated, so it hadn't even showed up on the main page.

Haha, wow - I'm not really that old, I promise... but I guess we've all grown, huh?

I wonder if that'll happen to me again - I still look at this story for fun. I have favorite chapters, and favorite sections, and lines I actually can quote now. I really like your story - maybe I'll be looking at it if you update it again. :-)

If you ever do publish, please let us readers know! I really, really, really like your writing style.
Christina chapter 17 . 6/23
Hi! I'm not sure if you're going to continue this or not - I noticed you haven't updated in a while. Nevertheless, I wanted to drop you a note to let you know that this is definitely the best story that I've read in the fandom. Characterization is dead on, and the plot is great as well. If you'd ever consider continuing it, I'd love it! Regardless, thanks for writing this far - I really enjoyed it!
Destiny's Freedom chapter 17 . 6/21
So I've found this story years after I first read it, and spent the night re-reading it when I should have been doing my dissertation :p honestly I love it. It's the best Alex rider story out there to be... Not an exaggeration by any means. Anyway I know how stressful and busy degrees are, especially law :/ but please carry on writing. I'm dying to know what's going to happen to alex
A kind reviewer chapter 14 . 6/15
This is my single most favorite AR fanfic. I know there are other good ones, but none of them have the same quality of writing that you do. If you ever get published in real life, please make an AN or something so I can buy your real books. Also, if you happen to remember where this story was going, I'd super appreciate even note-form of what'll happen - what suspense you had going on! (I'm assuming you're done with this, since it's been so long and people generally move on in life. But if you do have another chapter or so left in you, I'd love to read it!)

I think that maaaybe my favorite part is Alex's characterization. He's smart, but not meta-smart - like, he doesn't see the big picture of how British adults might actually be able to help him get out of MI6. He's so witty and sharp, it's wonderful. He's action-filled, quick to respond, logical... everything the books made him to be. But he's not perfect. He's lonely and doesn't know it, too stubborn to accept help, and almost determined to be alone, it feels like. Sometimes I want to hug him and other times I want to smack some sense into him - which is just how the books had him, I think. I'm super impressed by how well you develop his character AND his relationships with everyone else. From distancing from Sabina to getting to know Wolf, it's well-paced and sensible.

Well, I don't think I'll bother you for a full week like before, but I wanted to let you know that yes, there are still some readers out there waiting with bated breath for your next chapter/notes on how it all ends, if you're still willing. :-)

I hope life is awesome for you! And please let us know if you're published - I'd totally buy your book(s)!
strangestranger chapter 17 . 6/13
Please please tell me you'll continue. I beg you.
Anyway, amazing story. It definitely is like reading a book. It has meaning (I don't know if I'm making sense). It's not like 'Oh look, a few words revolving around some scene'
Bubblekins1010 chapter 17 . 6/11
Hey there! I just wanted to say that this story is amazing! I can't wait to see more, and ya know, watch Alex get kidnapped, cause it's actually rather fun/interesting! This story is so amazing! I love it so much, especially since it has an Alex that isn't totally bawling his eyes out and giving up his entire life story, him fighting tooth and nail to keep his secrets to himself is so much more in character (Not that I DON'T read those sappy AR stories... But you know what I'm saying right?). You're seriously amazing, and I hope to see more soon!
Sincerely heaping on the praise,