Reviews for All the Little Pieces
Then I was :(
Then I was D8
Then I was 8D
FoeverDay chapter 31 . 7/17
Okay, yep, this last one is my favourite. The gradual realisation by reader and characters as it goes on, the love confession, the banterz, the fact you gave it a happy ending. Very much enjoyed.
As there's been so little new in the AF fandom recently I've been resorting to re-reading all my old favourites, and this drabble collection... ugh it's so good. You do angsty childhood-scarred Artemis so. well. (tho my headcanons are a bit different- I think it was a bit more pychological and less physical (which is not meant as criticism, I just enjoy seeing how different people interpret the same piece of writing)). It feels like an odd thing to compliment, but it's always been a side of him I like to see explored (because it just explains a lot and is important, I guess). Plus your Holly-comforting scenes are on point.
Your Artemis-Holly relationship ones are so well done (and in that you don't try give them a solution to the lifespan differences adds a certain sort of poignancy to each one (tho Artemis would so think of something, okay? OKAY? *cries a little desperately*). I think about the one where he writes on her skin a weird amount, actually. It was one of the ones I remembered from the first read-through, and whenever I see someone lying down with bare skin I recall it. I'm not sure why, but it just seemed like a very lovely thing to do.
I feel like I need to give some sort of constructive crit, but you write so well I'm not sure what I can say. You should do it more often haha? The demon selling soul one I didn't really enjoy, but that's down to personal preference and not to do with the writing. Idk. It's just such a nice collection and I know I'm going to be back to re-read it in the future (and now I'm thinking about it, this definitely wasn't the first re-read either, which says something about the quality of your writing. Ugh. Your selfish-hair metaphor was so great.)
So, thanks for taking the time to write.
whitealmond chapter 29 . 6/12
Finally finished reading TLG a few weeks ago, so I finally allowed myself to read this. Beautiful, like the other short stories here. I loved the dark insight into Artemis' past, Holly's frustration and sadness while she tries to figure him out, so many pieces of him still closed off despite all their adventures together, and finally her surrender to her heart.
whitealmond chapter 30 . 5/11
awww... so sweet~ and I really liked your description of a scrawny Artemis.
whitealmond chapter 24 . 5/10
Holy hell was that bleak and intense - of course if it was Fowl Sr. who contacted magical beings first, he'd find something more dangerous than fairies. Damn Major, a Butler to the very end.
whitealmond chapter 28 . 5/10
I NEED MORE OF THIS
whitealmond chapter 31 . 5/10
Oh, just ask her out already. Geniuses and stubborn elves, making things harder than they have to be.

Really harrowing in the beginning, and such a relief at the end! You mix angst, suspense, and fluff really well.
whitealmond chapter 22 . 5/10
This is the scene Colfer never gave us, and that you wrote beautifully ;-;
whitealmond chapter 20 . 5/10
Oh my god, this made me laugh and want to cry at once. You know I always thought Artemis would make the perfect Slytherin and Holly the perfect Gryffindor and they'd be theperfectcoupleomgkillmenow Artemis learn from Snape's mistake or I'll never forgive you thank you for writing this XD
whitealmond chapter 19 . 5/10
You make the characters all so real. I don't think I ever told you, but you do. It's like I'm at the cinema, it's uncanny.
whitealmond chapter 18 . 5/10
Oh man, I'd love to see your versions of TAI and TEC, after this.
whitealmond chapter 17 . 5/10
*Drops mike* what say you, Holly?
Terribly sad and distressing, seeing Artemis like that, near hysterical :(
whitealmond chapter 15 . 5/10
I was hoping for it, but it still wounded me when it happened, at the end :,(
whitealmond chapter 14 . 5/10
Wow... Was this a world where he never regained his memories of the People? An AU? I can see this happening, if his heart ever became dead inside.
whitealmond chapter 12 . 5/10
I thought TAC was odd as well, wondered if he was running out of steam... When so many people at ffnet are great with the action and emotion and I could take certain fics as headcanon, eh...
This drabble made me giggle tremendously, it's a hilarious image. XD