Reviews for And The Queen Married The Banker
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Love Love Love!
I often wonder about Susan. This helped.
meezzy chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Awww... sweet. I love how Susan is still sort of in touch with the Narnia side of her :)
The-Sun-Princess chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
thank you for this. i always felt a bad for Susan who never got the super-duper happy ending of everyone else (or at least not yet)
fanficchica123 chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
This was beautifully written... I have read soooo many stories in which Susan is angry at being left behind and her angst. This is the first one I have read where she accepts it and loves the man chosen for her, by her. Fantastic! :D
Meiyo no Ko chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Most Esteemed Author,
That was wonderful, and completely brightened my day. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

The first time I read The Last Battle, I was many years younger than I am now, and, I must confess, I hated Susan just a little, for turning her back on Narnia an all she had known and become.

And then I grew older, and identified with Susan more than any other, and her story made me want to cry. For, truly, she gave so much of herself to her kingdom that, when she was forcibly returned to England and told she could never return, she saw no other option but to push aside all memories of that place, to salvage what little of her remained.

I believe that your story is most decidedly canon, and captures Queen Susan's essence better than any other save Lewis himself could. I believe there is hope, always hope, and I believe-I MUST believe-that she found that hope herself.

And on day, she will see her family and the land she loves once more. She will stand before the Untame Lion, and He will welcome her home.

Meiyo
August Mayhem chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I don't know exactly what I like about this story, let alone how to explain it. It's dark and yet not, I can the shroud of haughtiness that W's family can see, her black manner and cold appearance. And when I read her interaction with W I felt bad for him because I wasn't sure why S was with him. It confused me, but I love the hints other stories and the smaller elements you threw in there. Made it more real.

The end was my favorite, there are many 'persons' she could be talking to and I can see them all, but I think I still got whom you meant it to be. I loved how you wrote her humanity and love and joy. It made the fic more than just some random 'Susan's fam. dies but she goes on...' or whatever kind of thing (so words are apparently leaving me as well as my voice/dead throat).

Anyway, short, sweet, and very well written, in a way I haven't seen before.

August
Ichiume chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I must say I was surprised when I read this fic. From your summary, I expected a portrayal of a Susan who had turned her back on Narnia and all. (Or maybe she had, maybe she did, and only the crash brought her back to Aslan again. :O If that was your intention, I bow to your absolute genius.) As it is, my heart goes out to this Susan, and I loved how you portrayed her happiness when she was with Warren. Very sweet and such a stark contrast to her attitude with his family.

A beautiful piece! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Lovely stuff.
Will there be more? The ending feels a bit abrupt. I would have liked more on how Susan got through the realisations of her family gone, that Narnia wasn't just a game, etc.
This is great though. I normally like to pretend "The Last Battle" did not occur, as most of the group were exceptionally young when they died. And, to quote another author, it appears that "Susan left God because she found sex!"
However, this is nicely done.
servant123 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I like it. I'd love to see some more pieces attatched to this, with Warren learning about the adventures that made Susan the un-proclaimed Queen she is. Keep up the good work.
God bless
Lyrical-Nerd chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Oh wow. I always felt really bad for Susan after the series ended, but this made me feel a bit better. :)
Lioness Lazuli chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Wow. This writing is beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Simply amazing. You tie in the new elements with the old flawlessly.
Goeno chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
I love it! I love the ending you've given her here!
Marqueza chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Much, much better.
Equilly chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I love your happy ending for Susan, even if it is a little bittersweet. I'm glad Susan found someone who loved her for who she was instead of the glamorous prince that everyone would like to pair her up with.

Best!