Reviews for Dust
burninganchors chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Oh, I love that song - a unique way to use it, but wonderfully executed.

I can completely imagine Brennan reacting in this way. But, as is likely to happen, there would come a time in which she would break. The last scene, that abrupt climax, was enough to put me in tears.

Keep writing! While I go buy more tissues...

MM
TempeJill chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This was beautiful! Incredibly depressing, yes, but beautiful beyond words can describe nonetheless. You captured Brennan perfectly, and I was so glad you added in that he had a picture of the two of them and she found it. Poor Brennan :(

Amazing story, not that I expected any less from you :) Keep up the great work; I love all your writing.
jacklynvt11 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
That was very deep. Loved it. Well written. I also love this song. :)
a2zmom chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
A beautiful piece. I think this is how she woul be, holding herself together, completely rational until forced to confront the reality of all she would never have.
206 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
so sad
Tadpole24 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow

That was so sad and so beautiful.

I enjoyed it in a bad way...if that makes sense?

I loved the writing, the fluidity of it all...the flow. It was perfect, but at the same time my stomach was dropping notches as I read.

But in a good way.

This story makes you feel something. I very near cried at the end, but I think it's more a testimony to your writing that I just felt this sinking feeling in my stomach. Your writing made me feel like I had just lost someone the way Brennan had.

Just wow to that.

I hope in some way that made sense...coz I'm pretty sure I contradicted myself atleast twice...but basically I'm saying I loved this fic.

Loved the "focus" all the way through and the idea of the dust. Loved how you tied it all together.

Thanks for a lovely shot, :)

Em

xx
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Oh my god. This was amazing. I mean, wow. The song was perfectly, and Imogen is amazing :) I have to admit, as much as I love some good fluff, angst is where my heart lies, and what you write is just so beautiful to read. You can just write something which someone else would deem so simple, and turn it into such a masterpiece.

"It was then that she caved, cracked under the weight of what had just fallen upon her, the full hollowness within her revealed. And all the dust in the world couldn’t cover it up." - I love the way you bring everything together in the last few lines. You do it in everything you write, and it always suits so perfectly.

This is honestly right at the top of my favourites, and reminds me why I always love seeing your penname in my inbox.

Taylor.
ILoveBooth chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This was beautiful but very sad, I hate to think what would actually happen to Brennan if he died! :'(
unequivocal chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow, what a piece. It's always painful clearing a place out after the loss of a loved one... all of the memories get boxed up and removed. You captured the emotions perfectly.

Thanks for sharing.
justalittleloco chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
I hate the way you make me weep.

Well not really, but it't almost 4 in the morning, and instead of thinking of how most sick people aren't awake reading beautifully written, heart-breaking stories at 4am, I'm, well ... reading them.

Once again, you have made something beautiful. Understated, lovely ... slightly soul-crushing.

I think the line that really got me was [She and Rebecca] "... were only connected through a man they had both loved once."
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Wow, that's sad. Dust makes things seem old and forgotten.

When I heard the song though my mind jumped to the idea of a relationship falling apart and to be honest, reading about character death was easier than that would've been.

Great job!

Leah
deeleigh chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
You basically make me cry. It's a great 'this-piece-is-so-moving-and-perfect' kind of cry, but a cry nonetheless. This was fantastically heartbreaking. In a way that I can't really describe. I like it, though, very much.
CorgiFromSpace chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
I am crying my eyes out right now. This is the first fic to have me in tears since Lulu0814's Pie.

Thank you so much for sharing.

ari

:'(
standing-in-the-doorway chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Wonderfully, beautifully written! So sad though.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2