Reviews for To Reflect Perfection
Eragon chapter 12 . 2/1/2011
Please don't be offended, but is Darion gay?
Zinala chapter 12 . 1/30/2011
Oh that last line was priceless x]
Tears of Jade chapter 12 . 1/18/2011
"I doubt I could have wrestled him away from his husband." That totally made my day! I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe! Great story. Kept me guessing till the very end.
ForestGuardian311 chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
Wow...

Another magnificent piece! I believe that this story not only captured Beast Boy and Raven's relationship, but it also taught the importance of being happy with who you are. I think this story really touched me, in a way. I know that when I look into a mirror, I too, am sometimes dissatisfied with how I look. But this story made me realize that maybe perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be, and in the end, as cliched as it sounds, it truly is better to be yourself and be happy with who you are.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story!

You are an amazing author; keep it up!
muddie chapter 12 . 9/27/2010
I loved this story. The care and attention to detail had me riveted to your story. I always love a story when it is clear that its author has spent lots of time and effort on it, even when it isn't really good. The plot structure and the little hints and foreshadowing you did in the earlier chapters clearly shows me that you are a meticulous author who has spared no effort in ensuring that your story is as close to perfection as possible. And indeed, it is a true work of art.

PS. Coincidentally, 'Just the Way You Are' was playing on the radio as I read the last chapter. Doesn't it fit? :)
Guest chapter 12 . 9/20/2010
I barely ever leave reviews but I just wanted to say that this was by far the best fanfic I have ever read. You truely are a master of your craft and I wish you success in all your future endeavours
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 12 . 8/4/2010
It absolutely meant something to me. In that regard, you have succeeded by leaps and bounds...

One of the things I prided myself on when I wrote 'Collateral Damage' was creating a fanfiction story that held a greater message or a greater meaning if the reader was willing to do a little searching to find it hidden within my words. You have managed to do exactly that, but a little more poignantly and potently than I... not to mention with different-yet undeniably meaningful-emotions. This entire piece really spoke to me. The message is ubiquitous; be yourself-unapologetially, unfailingly yourself-and be damn proud of it. No one is perfect. Everyone has flaws. It is finding the beauty and meaning in those flaws, however, that allow us to grow as people.

In the beginning, Beast Boy was at odds with himself. When he looked in the mirror, he saw nothing but flaws and shortcomings. He desired more... he wanted to be better... to be something special. In the end, what he found was that there was nothing wrong with him to begin with. Sure, he may not have been as smooth or as musically inclined as his doppelganger, but his flaws made him who he was. As he found, his Alternate was absolutely vapid. Sure, he could play a mean guitar and he could cook well, but he lacked substance...

This story tells it's readers to embrace who they are.. To find joy and take pride in whatever flaws they may have...real or imagined... aand simply live life without fear and with all of the joy and exuberance possible. The truth is, as your antagonist brilliantly displayed, that life is too short. Dwelling on shortcomings only breeds self-pity and self-loathing. Forge ahead valiantly. Do not tarry...

Life awaits.

Very well done. A beautiful work of art.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 10 . 8/4/2010
I may have said this before, but I am going to say it again because it bears repeating. You are an amazing writer. A captivating artist. This chapter alone proves that emphatically. I LOVED the references to the famous works of art. The metaphor you wove into that particulaar scene was absolutely breathtaking... and completely true. All works of art are comprised of hundreds of thousands of individual brush-strokes blended together to create a breathtaking scene. People are very much the same. While we may not be perfect... and we may have inherent flaws, we can only be accurately judged as a whole, not by the indiviual pieces which form us. I really enjoy that message, as it rings true-to-life both within and outside of this story. It was brilliantly done. I must say, I envy your abilities. Every part of this story has been just so well done!

I must say that I am pleased that Raven has figured it out. She knows Beast Boy well enough that his uncharacteristic lechery startled her. Now, she has figured the Alternate out and Beast Boy has waged war on him from within. A war for control has begun and the winner will surely reap the spoils!

I'm on to the next chapter. I just figured that you should know just how much this story has impressed me. I think that you should give writing a novel a shot. if anyone could pull it off, it's you.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 9 . 8/4/2010
Bwong Onomatopoeia! Love it. It is yet another of those little details which have made this story such a joy to read. Everything is described so vividly, making it very easy to visualize! The feel of the story is also great. It is warm and inviting... It keeps me engrossed as well... I keep wanting to know what happens next! I think one of the best facets of this story is the fluency of your writing. I am completely unaware of how long I have been reading until I reach the end of the chapter. I have definitely read some stories where I am painfully sentient of how long the chapter is...

It would appear that the Altenate is making Beast Boy look even better and better. He totally handled the obstacle course, and even played Cassanova to woo Raven, but something is still amiss about him. I get the feeling tha he is trying to placate Gar until it is too late to change what has happened. Moreover, I feel that though Raven knows something is wrong, her strong feelings for Beast Boy make it hard for her to accept that he needs help. I look forward to the next chapter!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 8 . 8/3/2010
I liked the pan to raven in this chapter. It sort of gives the readers a point of reference as to what she is thinking. It is very helpful, as we have-to this point-only heard the story from Beast Boy's point of view. Raven, who is usually so guarded, providing the details really shed some light on a few previous uncertainties: Does she have feelings for Beast Boy? If so how deeply rooted are they? etc. Moreover, the idea of her practicing tai chi was cool; it does seem like something she would do, too. It is good exercise and it clears the mind. Win-win when you are a super-heroine.

The pan back to Beast Boy at the end was also well-done. I am assuming that he is trapped in the mirror's reflection as his doppelganger runs amok. My only concern is that his alternate mentioned 'savor the time you have left,' which elads me to believe that Beast Boy is in danger.

I think you did a wonderful job describing Raven's abilities and really fleshing out what kind of experience it is for her. You did an even better job coming up with descriptions to specific emotions and feelings (the taste of honey on her tongue, the felings in her core, etc) all of which really made everything seem more realistic.

What I believe makes this plot even stronger, is that Raven's empathic abilities are a key to figuring out what is wrong with Beast Boy. No one else would be able to tell just by looking at him that he is not he. Her abilities seem liek they will be cruicial to discovering the truth about Beast Boy. I also really enjoyed the way you portrayed Alternate Beast Boy. Personally (and I think this was your intention) but I don't like him. He may look like BB, but he lacks the characteristics that make BB so... special and unique. He may be a smooth operator, but he is also... fake... he just seems too... polished.

Well, I only got to two chapters today, but like a fantastic meal, I plan on savoring what remains! Very, very well done!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 7 . 8/3/2010
You had me at: "That crafty bastard."

I seriously laughed out loud at that. Great timing with it, really. What can I say? Another brilliant installment to a seriously intense story. You have done an amazing job conveying feeling and emotion. Right now, Beast Boy is on edge. Who can blame him? When he wakes up, he has no recollection of what happened to him; he only gets bits and pieces. A shiner. A hangover. Food poisoning (more or less.) All 'gifts' lovingly bestowed upon him by that alternate son of a bitch.

I really liked how you had the alternate stir up Beast Boy's worst fears... of being rejected and abandoned by the Titans, forced into a life of electroshock therapy and medication. What could be worse? Then, just as they remain at loggerheads, the Alternate wins over Raven with his full-color picture and Beast Boy-crestfallen-submits. I really felt for him!

Your writing, as always, was superb. There was one misspelling that I noted (there was an 'm' left out in teh word 'remember') but I only bring it up because I am really anal about misspellings in my work and I figure you are probably as fastidious as I am in that regard. I loved your descriptions... the stomach acid burning his split lips... I mean, little details, but immensly important in painting a realistic vignette. Wonderful job!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 6 . 8/2/2010
Very well done. I must admit, I was quite touched when Beast Boy gave Raven the sketch he had travailed over for so long. It was really a sweet gesture, as evidenced by her response. I feel that was a perfect way for him to realize that he needed to be the change he wanted to see rather than allowing another to take over...

I also liked the way the doppelganger has influenced his life thus far. He has done nothing but good... helping Robin, chilling with Cy, apologizing to Raven... but I can only wonder-after the events in the Market o' Mystics-what effect the mirror REALLY had on him. Is the reflection in the mirror really his 'perfect' self or is it some sort of trickery? I can only wait and wonder (and read on, which I shall!)

Very brilliantly done. I look forward to finishing up the rest of this wondrous work post-haste!
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 2 . 8/2/2010
This is incredibly well-done thus far. The first two chapters have been great! I really like the way you have captured the essence of Beast Boy and have brought him to life. Truly, the impressions, reflections, observations, and so forth put on display are CLEARLY his own and it just adds to the great depth and feel of the story. When things are going well for him, I feel like cheering and when things are going wrong, I feel like giving him a pat on the back and telling him it'll be alright. Only powerful writing can evoke such solidarity, and you have certainly brought that forth in spades.

One aspect I particularly adore is the very approachable nature of this work. It pulls you in, keeps you entertained, and creates this engrossing atmosphere that I find particularly attractive. Save for one misspelling in teh second chapter (where the space bar probably effed up on you) the writing has been flawless and very well-executed. All in all a brilliant piece! Onward to the next chapter!
Chance Brown chapter 12 . 7/29/2010
I love this story. This was amazing, I loved the quotes, I especially liked the "cue" portions, it was an act, and I actually SAW this story in my head instead of reading it or picturing it. Great work, thank you.
Sollitus chapter 12 . 7/12/2010
I am actually sad that I had to stare at a computer screen to read this instead of opening a hard-cover book. I look forward to reading the rest of your stories, and I hope you continue to produce them.

You sir, deserve more than a meager profile on a fan-fiction website.

Carry on, and Bravo.