Reviews for The Thin Purple Line
soyforramen chapter 2 . 8/14
Absolutely loved this one! The idea to mingle with old noir mysteries had me hooked. Thanks so much for writing!
azulkan2 chapter 2 . 3/10
Glad your LJ lead me to this little gem. Well done.,
yay chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
I love how Malfoy loses the Elder wand - twice. Thanks for writing!
the story goes on chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
This is both confusing and interesting.

You made reading a story from Ron's point of view a great experience. It's something different from the way Ron is portrayed in other fanfics. He's not living the life as a celebrated war hero or Quidditch star but neither did he lash out and whine and complain about his less than perfect life. He did bemoan his life but did not unfairly blame others for it, he is trying his best to cope with what fate has dealt him. I liked your Ron, he's real.

Now this business about the wand is very intriguing. The attack and coupled with the visit from Pansy's dad raises suspicions. What is going on here? I can't see where this is going. And I thought that Malfoy Manor would not be easy to break into. Wouldn't there be an alarm going off or any warning when someone is trespassing? Where's the magical security measures, gone with Lucius Malfoy? If not then this unknown attacker must be powerful indeed to be able to overcome the high magical security measures that I expect Malfoy Manor to have.
senkoed chapter 2 . 3/21/2011
that was hilarious and utterly interesting! i appreciated the twist that it was actually harry that was together with draco and how pansy was the true owner of the elder wand.
kittyperry chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
A wonderful pairing that I have never really enjoyed as much as I did with this story.
DoubleCaramel chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
This story is simply delicious. A fantastic read with a believable plot. Even with pairings that are far from canon (well, not that much, in my opinion anyway) each character ringed very true. Pansy was fabulous and Ron got his time to shine in this story without sounding obnoxious.

I also adore the plot here. It's a really interesting idea and I like how you developed here. It's something that could have happened. Brilliant!

I also enjoyed your writing style and how we discover things along with character. Alike Ron I was confused by Pansy's assault and really believed Hermione and Draco were a pairing. It was shock to know it was HarryxDraco, but at the same time it made a lot of sense.

The Pansy x Ron relationship was also satisfying and I like how it ended. Very nice. _~

This story deserves a place in my favourites. Lovely story. I will be recommending it.

P.S. I'm sorry for the senseless review. It's a little late (err, early) in my corner of the world.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 2/21/2010
"If you'd read the note I sent you, you'd know that."

-Sigh. Which, of course, Ron did not do. And I see that Hermione is still the Forehead Artist .

Very well done, very Mickey Spillane with a dash of Marlowe-thanks!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
"The kids weren't stupid. They knew the divorce had nothing to do with them."

Oh? Or does Ron simply want to have the last word with his children, not her?

Anyway, good story-Pansy is rightfully still rather resentful of being sent out of the castle the night of the battle, and quite upset with Draco, I expect. Ron is reluctantly doing his duty, though with an eye for any amusement he might garner along the way.

At least they didn't do Mobilicorpus on Hermione; apparently that's not the right way to treat a head injury.

And what on earth was the former possessor of the Deathstick doing with a Parkinson wand?
Lillith Janvier chapter 2 . 10/2/2009
I was very happy to find the notice of this story in my email updates. Thanks very much for the fun read. I liked the mystery and the Maltese Falcon-ish feel of the whole thing.
Guinnevere chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Very good hard-boiled Auror-Noir story! It really made me think of "The Maltese Falcon" in ways, and the Elder Wand is the Stuff that Dreams are Made of, all right.

Not a bit of soppiness in the romance, either, as befits a tough crime story.

Good job!
Bambu chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
There isn't anything of yours I've read that I didn't love. This was terrific. You took a believably in character Ron and gave him his own story, and I liked how you paired him with Pansy. I've long thought they would be good together.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
HA! GREAT story. But I don't think I quite, the wand that Dumbledore had was a copy of the true Elder Wand? Or did the Parkinson's somehow get it back after he died?
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Mm, so, are Hermione and Draco dating or just working together. I thought dating but then he made that crack about her looks...

Very mysterious story. I am really looking forward to figuring out what's going on.