Reviews for Sometimes when we touch
vvroses chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Really lovely Siggy...
Solo Lady chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Just lovely! Wonderful that Gene's is the only voice Alex responds to. Great to explore Gene's thoughts and conflicted feelings toward Alex, but ultimately the love. And I'm a sentimental gal and just loved the ending.
monkey-in-hell chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Aww, that was sweet. 'As long as she was alive then so was he' was quite an ambiguous line, I thought. Maybe during series three we'll find out exactly how true that is...
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
What a marvellously accurate dissection of Gene's emotions, or rather his inability to cope with emotion or with love, and his acceptance that it is this failing in him which has caused the breakdown in their relationship. "Love was for other people, for pansies and poofters and the emotionally incontinent, not for Gene Hunt." - oh, how apt. Thank you for ending on a hopeful note - maybe you can do another songfic about their reconciliation...
bobblehat3 chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Siggy, I think you've done really well on this. I really like the song and it suits Alex and Gene's relationship perfectly. You also captured Gene's pride and fear of telling the truth excellently; I can really imagine him thinking like that. Well done!
Williewolf chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
What a sweet Hill's song is so appropriate for their relationship. I loved it.
Bloodheart06 chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Beautiful : ]xx
wombledon chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
"I'll never leave." Gulp. I appear to have something in my eye.
TheMinxy6 chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
I loved this, really beautiful and honest. I thought the song you picked was excellent, very true to Gene's character and emotions.
Symphony In Blue chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Very beautiful songfic. The lyrics fit perfectly, and you describe Gene's feelings so well!
xXCoral-RoseXx chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
aw what a lovely fic! hopefully this whole ordeal will bring them closer and not tear them apart! favs xx
Lucida Bright chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Toes curl with sque... Cute story, Mrs H. Fingers crossed, eh?
scribblechacha chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Aww, that was lovely. Really beautifully written )

S x
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
"Love was for other people, for pansies and poofters and the emotionally incontinent, not for Gene Hunt." Yup, that's our Gene - in it for the sex and definitely not the romance or the emotions.

Or is he? This story is a bit like a fairy tale: The sleeping beauty awakens when the big guy surrenders to love (and a bit of honesty and vulnerability).

But now I'm going to have that song in my head all weekend long.

Speaking of that song, are you going to write a story where Gene and Alex hold each other endlessly?
Gem6 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009