Reviews for Echoes
InkStainedBlood chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Wow, who taught watching season 1 and season 5 eps would have created such an amazing story? It is very well written. I'm not entirely sure what I like about, but the way it's written really highlights the whole "boy who will end the world" message. I love it. It certainly one of my fvorites. :)

-Jesse
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Okay I'm here trying to catch up on my reading, and here the alert for this gem of a story was hiding in my inbox.

And it is a gem - crystalline sharp and edgy. People don't come here for the truth - gorgeous. This was beautifully done.

Phoebe
pickamix chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
I could see that... her knowing about Sam and then telling John about him later... I could see that being the way things happened. I like all the extra character stuff you put into her here as well. Good job!
TraSan chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
And if that doesn't just about sum up the tragedy that is Sam Winchester's life.

I'd like to infer that what Missouri saw, then prompted her to warn John, not think that the future couldn't be changed. Which means, free will, which means they can screw all this destiny crap and both our boys stand a fighting chance.

As long as they stick together.

Hm...just how much could Missouri see and sense? Quite an interesting concept you've weaved. It would be fascinating to watch her interact with the season 5 boys. *ahem* You know, if you're in the writing mood.

Well done.
carocali chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Fabulous comparisons! Can you imagine if she did really see all that in that one moment? Fascinating!

I always love to get little nuggets from you! Thanks for sharing!

:D
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
An excellant insight into Missouri, who happens to be one of my favourite characters to watch. Majority of this made me feel sorry for her and what she knew by the extent of her gift. But then Sam came along and things happened.
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
That is very, very good. I never really took to Missouri, but giving her a little more background, a little more PERSON to be - yeah, I might start to like her better.

And I like that she already saw Sam's purpose, and that she couldn't tell him - cause what the Hell good would it done? It wouldn't have changed a damn thing - only made Sam's life even harder. Maybe would have triggered him to choose wrong even earlier.

Well, maybe it would have changed things towards the other side - but I don't think so.

Very well done
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Wow. That carried an emotional punch, a little hard to read the ending.

Interesting thoughts of what Missouri was thinking when she held Sam's hand.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
bjxmas chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Oh, you nailed it! This is why I love Supernatural and how it all fits together, how S1 episodes echo with truths that won't be revealed until much later. How later episodes justify the fears from early on.

And why I love your stories. You have that knack of laying it all out, there to see if only we'd put the pieces together as you so brilliantly do. I remember wondering about Missouri, why she couldn't sense some of these things about Sam, but who's to say she didn't? As you said, people don't come for the truth.

The truth is Sam is bad news for the world and for those around him. But strictly not his fault and hopefully, he and his brother can turn the tide, shift this curse into that blessing Sam so desperately wants to make it.

And I love that you can make your point, get me thinking, with so few words. Awesome job! Later, B.J.