Reviews for Love Marches On
Sakurazero chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
this is the side that our government doesnt show the public the side of war that scars not only the soilders but their loved ones as well i am interested in how this will develop and i thank your ex boyfriend for his services in the army god bless
TheGreatANGSTHATER chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I read your story and enjoyed it. I'm not an American so my point of view is different. When your government tells you that the war is on ''terror'' or for the sake of ''human rights'' or ''national security'' they are lying through their teeth. There is ALWAYS an ulterior motive. One of the greatest sources of anger at America here in India is the fact that they continue to supply weaponry and monetary aid to Pakistan which has a huge track record of using this to wage war on India or infiltrate territory or train terrorists. We have been victim to many many terror attacks. Train blasts,serial bomb blasts you name it, at least three of them in my home government is sacrificing innocent and brave lives ,your armed forces, for the sake of maintaining the upper hand in international politics. A war is not the only way to deal with particular one(Afghanistan) has been sloppy and unsuccessful. It has been a waste of time, money resources. not to mention the untold suffering of both the forces and civilians. Please don't let Patriotic Propaganda blind you to the truth. If you are offended I am sorry . It was not my intention to offend. All I wanted to say was that it is a sad day when a government does not hesitate to reduce it's own citizens to expendable cogs in a military machine. After all the politicians waging war are not the ones actually fighting it, facing bombs and bullets.
purduepup chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
This may have been hard for you to write, yet you did great. It was really touching, disheartening, sad, and well-written; I don't often like depressing fanfics so much, but this one is just too amazing. I kind of like how displays the darker side of people returning home, since people don't often think about the consequences of being a survivor. War can scar people, and I like how your message was put across about PTSD and how those around the soldiers have to deal with it. I think the word count was good in this case; it kind of left us to muse over the aftermath of what happened. All in all, this was absolutely beautiful, and I enjoyed reading it very much. .
Mischievious Kiss27 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I was crying by the 3rd paragraph. It reminds me of when my older brother came back from Afghanistan. He still has horrible nightmares about the things he saw while he was there, and he has PTSD also. My sister-in-law has been so strong during this, much like Kagome in the story. Thank you for dedicating this story to those who fight to keep us safe and to uphold peace and human rights, and God Bless.
Ella chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
This brings tears to my eyes. My sisters husband joined the army not long after they were married. Not even a year later he ended up in Iraq for almost 2 years. Before he went he was always a very even temper man with a very laid back attitude. He sought to take amusement in many things. He would bring a smile to even the most depressed persons face. When he came back though, he was a changed man. It was understandable but disheartening at the same time. While he puts this mask on for others to see, those closest to him can tell the difference. He once told me he finds it hard to trust another person now. There's been times where my sister would enter the room after he's gone to bed and he would awake frightened and alert with a weapon at his side. We, his family, understand that it will be along time before he could return to the person he once was, but then again i'm sure he won't because what he experienced will forever be engraved into his mind. It's his blessing as well as a burden to know that he's saved lives as well as taken. I believe that the soldiers that live today will become better men because of the experiences that they have shared and to those who say that our men are doing something pointless. Fuck you. You don't know first hand the things they have done for the people. For the children. Look up the story on John Gebhardt and the story of the little girl he saved. Those insurgents excuted her family and attempted to execute the little girl. She was shot in the head and survived. Before thinking that we're the monsters for 'invading' there land, look to what they do to their own people before pointing fingers...So..I want to say thank you for this dedication. It really makes me happy to know that theirs another out there who understands what our guys are going through. They don't always get the credit they deserve for the things they do..
Twin Ryuzaki chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This was very well written and I too know what it's like when a soldier comes home 2 of my very close cousins came home in February and my boyfriend is is joining the army when he graduates in June and when my brother graduates in 3 years he wants to join the Marines. Actually to be real technical I come from a military family, So I have seen a lot of PTSD.
Lanie29 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I too have had something like this happen. It still kills me when he stops at corners to look around them and jumps at loud sounds. Be strong...

Lanie
koishii chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
very practical and disillusioning.

You are a very brave person to be writing abt this. I salute your spirit.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
i remember the returning troops from vietnam- close friends and relatives. the flashbacks and the nightmares. my cousin was found floating in the river (he had survivor's guilt, being the only one from his buddies who survived a bombing- just barely), he had paid someone to kill him. the thing about the vietnam troops is that they didn't come home to a welcome, but to protesters and very little understanding of PTSD.

i was deeply touched and saddened that these things are still going on and that war, no matter where, when, or against whom is so horrible and heartbreaking.

*wipes eyes*

ginny

;
impulse960 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
I thank you for sharing this with us. The return to normal life after war is never easy. I, too, know this fact.

Also, I thank your ex-boyfriend for his service and sacrifice.

Semper Fi
Mars Butterfly chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
I can't wait for this story to develop and I admire your bravery for writing this type of story. I can't wait to read your next chapter.
ezaangel chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
hey this was really great, although rather sad I was interested in seeing the other side of war the government doesn't enchants us about.