Reviews for Like Fighting
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
I got kick out of this. You definitely fooled me, for one thing. I thought that Hiko intentionally was piquing Kenshin's curiosity and expected him to follow. And then to have Kenshin so effortlessly finish the drawing was perfect. Perfect also, that Hiko never let Kenshin know it. A great little moment that says a lot about both of them.
JBubbles chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Really sweet, perfect and the style of the fic combined beautifully with the contents.

One thing tough, is 'realiZation' not 'realisation'.

Great fic.
caseyedith chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Awesome! I loved this story, really cool! The interactions between Kenshin and Hiko, and their respective characterizations were great! And the fact that Kenshin completed his painting perfectly...and then Hiko laughs because you're not supposed to think about it too much...well, that just completely described their even-keeled relationship. Even though Hiko's technically stronger than Kenshin as a swordsman, I'm not really sure who's "better"...Kenshin's def. nicer! Though, Hiko does have a very noble personality :).

Ah, I just love both of them! And this story!
Lellow chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Awesome work... i like the analogy and your characterization is very good :)
The Wandering Pen chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Very nice. I always thought Hiko had to do something to afford his sake, and sumi-e seemed a logical choice for the exact same reasons you stated. I love the way you describe Kenshin, both lost in his kata and with his concentration disturbed, and then his hesitancy to correct his master's work. And Hiko is perfectly Hiko, rude, arrogant, and secretive. Thanks for this.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
i'm thinking that if you had to kill or be killed at the end of training someone- it would be really difficult to want to build a relationship beyond master/student. even though he most probably loves the boy- he doesn't want to and especially doesn't want to give the impression. first would be to protect the boy who will have to suffer the guilt and grief of killing his teacher and for himself if he was killed or whether he survived- because if he survived he would have to suffer from having to kill his student. one cannot emotionally remove oneself completely- i guess it's like taking care of terminally ill patients- you have to build a wall. hiko's wall is his gruff and mocking exterior.

you painted quite a beautiful picture- touching and profound.

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
conspirator chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
What a lovely story! You really toyed with us (well, at least me!) in the way you worked up to the question of what Hiko was doing every afternoon. I don't know why, but from the way you did it, I was sure it would be women (and I'll bet that's what you wanted us to think, too). This is a great little vignette. Hiko really does need Kenshin as much as Kenshin needs Hiko, doesn't he!
PraiseDivineMercy chapter 1 . 10/1/2009