Reviews for Royal Flush
Slayer Anderson chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
As for ideas:

Well, there's the obvious reaction shot of the student council at Lelouch's new 'job.' Then there's the not-quite Black Knights who'd need some serious bait to join up with the Britainnian army, let alone Lelouch. Hmm...given how you've resolved a lot of the main 'plot' of the show, I'd say you're best taking this story into a political drama direction. Lelouch knows generally what he wants: destruction of the noble ruling class, better living conditions and social/legal rights for the Elevens (if he can't have a free Japan), and revenge on V.V. The last of these is going to be the really impressive one, which could be accomplished in any one of a few different ways.

Good Luck.
Slayer Anderson chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
You know, I've always wanted to see what would happen if Lelouch swallowed his damn pride and dealt with the situation intelligently instead of going all shonen-action hero. Don't get me wrong, Lelouch is amazing, but...well, the whole 'consumed by rage and grief' thing makes it hard to think about his situation objectively.
Very good story so far, though.
Looking forward to reading more.
Nightraze chapter 2 . 4/3/2013
Interesting fic! I have really enjoyed reading this, so I hope you decide to update.
OBSERVER01 chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
quite continue this
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
You have quite an interesting story, I hope you continue someday.
Keimichi chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
WOW! This is good! You should definitely continue this story! I have great expectations! Keep it up!
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
So this is not actually a review but a reply to your review of Chapter 7 of my story, Tokikage.

Since you disabled Private Messaging, this is the only way I can reply.

The floating continent is outside of the flow of time and runs parallel to it. I did explain that in chapter 6 somewhat.
Rpgingmaster chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Okay, it's an interesting alternate series of events, but it kinda breaks down after Lelouch scares the crap out of Clovis by NOT killing him.

For one, Lelouch is WAY too overconfident and is casually strolling into danger without some way to cover his own butt, and just walking into Clovis' office and getting an audience by dropping his first name (which, assuming the wrong person heard it, could get him hip deep in trouble) is a little unrealistic.

Umm, C.C. getting introduced to the Ashford campus coterie isn't totally off the wall, but her characterization is off.

For one, why is she not snarking at everyone?

However, the implied Lelouch\Clovis slash was kinda funny.

The end, however, is making me go...what? How did Lelouch go from Japan to Britannia (which is in America) in such a short time span? Why is Lelouch sucking up to Charles (something he would have never done of his own free will, even if he'd benefit), and finally, why is Charles not being all that suspicious and paranoid about this turn of events?

On the grammar front, you tend to use a lot of ellipses, which tends to draw out certain sentences unnecessarily.

It's not totally bad, but it needs better transition, Lelouch's character needs to be tweaked, and the ending really could use some work.
ahwhat chapter 2 . 11/23/2010
Are you still alive?

I hope you are to continue.
Murazor chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Interesting point of departure and good to see Lelouch being a proper clever bastard for once. It is quite annoying to see how few authors manage to pull that off.

I would be glad to see more of this, so here is for hoping that you will regain your interest in this project.
Slayer Anderson chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Just thought I'd return the favor from your review of my story 'HIVEMinded.' Excellent work, very detailed writing style. I hope I get to finish your story soon and see much more of it. Oh, by the way, I'm back writing and just posted a new chapter if you're interested.
FF Inc chapter 2 . 12/9/2009
LOL The person who reviewed before me does make a bit of sense, however I think it was better than what they said. I mean, the first part actually does make sense, its Lelouch going over things he learned from Geassing his father... Part two was like they said, a little OOC and part 3 was a bit OOC as well, BUT not exactly. When Lelouch said that he doesnt want people to think hes a nice guy, I felt that was really in character.

Kinda curious about why you switched to first person w/ anya though..Keep updating, your plot is very original
Haruchai chapter 2 . 12/9/2009
First chapter was very good with a very nice cliff hanger at the end. Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing for the second chapter.

The first scene was poorly executed, such that for a moment I thought Lelouch was speaking of the past from the far future. It's as if Lelouch was reminiscing about the goals and motivations of the other characters.

The second scene was better in that it was easily understandable and got the point across clearly. Not as good as Lilyflower1987's Lelouch of the Revolution "Lelouch is still alive scene" but commendable for capturing Lelouch's penchant for showmanship and dramatic entrances.

Third scene was not so good. Schneizel was okay though his responses were a bit off. For some reason he does not appear as clever and subtle as he normally would be. Fortunately he stayed in character all the while so its not too bad. Then there's Lelouch; his short rant was childish and immature not majestic and dramatic like Zero would have done in actuality.

The last scene saw the greatest amount of Lelouch OOCness so far. He was far too informative. Lelouch is arrogant and extremely talkative, but he is devious and rarely reveals anything unless if he stands to gain something out of it. So his friendly chat with Anya was inexplicable. In fact, it made me picture Suzaku as the one doing the talking in this scene.

If I were to rate this from 1 to 10. Chapter 1 would get an 8 with Chapter 2 getting a 4. The first chapter showed great promise. I hope the next one is much better.

Note: I beg your pardon if the critique sounds a bit too harsh but chapter 2 was really very far from the quality of the first chapter. It was disappointingly sub par compared to your earlier work that I can't help but notice all the things that made it worse than the first one.
Worker72 chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
I suppose next up Lulu is back to Japan. Looking forward to when he sees Kallen again, not to mention everyone's reaction to him and Nunnally being royalty.
AlfheimWanderer chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
Ah, a revitalization of this fic - I have been waiting. Interesting developments so far, though I am curious as to whether Charles will use his Geass on lelouch at some point-or Lelouch will discover the rampant use of said Geass in court.