Reviews for Unusual
Hero of the Dark chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Well I'm very impressed. You told a better word in 800 words than I've seen others so with 3,000. It makes you think and shows that not all people are going to fit into their predetermined roles. Not to mention I love the style of writing you've used here. I haven't read any of your other stories, so I don't know if this style is a constant. Either way, I loved it.
-Hero of the Dark
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
A sweet, realistic piece. I loved it! Thank you for having actual real characters that I could connect with, having only a few lines devoted to each. This is sooo much better than Riordan's sad attempt at a down-to-earth daughter of Aphrodite that is Piper McLean. ;) thanks for this!
LittlePlagueSpirit chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Interesting! You played around with an what-if that people like to use for their stories, but never work out so well. You however pulled it off very good: from an anti-social son of Apollo, to a son of Ares wishing to be a teacher and a son of Demeter who is far from a pacisfist. With little words you set done each and everyone very strong and made them stretch not too far from their god-parent, but still far enough for you to see how different they are from their family heritage. Great job! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
bravo
meriland25 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Original and interestimg,this fic is trully amazing. Great work! :)
M0RKIESTAR chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
THIS IS SOO CUTE!

(I sound like Aphrodite...)

Personally, I think you should make a few more 'freaks' (say, a child of Nike who feels like he/she has the worst luck ever...) and make a few more chapters...

Otherwise, this is awesome!
Magykpaw chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Awesome One-shot!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
That was sweet :)

Liked the idea, have you made a story out if them?
Luke's Girl 333 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
(srry, didn't log in)

aw, i know this is old and you probably have long since forgotten about it, but i LOVED it! I've totally thought about that before, like what if an apollo kid couldn't shoot an arrow? GREAT take on it!
LupineSerpent chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Really good, because everyone makes the kids exactly like their parents, which isn't really that realistic. Just a suggestion, maybe you could use page breaks, because it was sort of hard to tell when the setting changed.
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
That was alot more than a few and far between.
imad0odlenoodle chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I really like the idea behind this, and it's a shame it's only a one-shot! The one criticism I would have though is that they're all too unlike their parents. I think it could be better if they were all generally unlike their siblings, but they still had something to connect them to their parents.

For instance, the son of Ares could hate killing and fighting, but could have a short temper or is too protective over those he cares about. Something small, but still there.

Anyway, I really liked this, and the last line especially. If you do plan to continue it, let me know! I would love to read it.

Josie
Editor Called Antrevine chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
This is great! It was intersting and entertaining. To be honest, this is the only piece of yours I like because I have never seen something like this. A breath of frsh air if you will!

-Antrevine
writersblockalldaylong chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
i liked it! very different...in a good way! :)
Deleted84493 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I do love this... I mean really love this.

Mainly because I love OC's, espicially a lot of them, and espicially miss-fits. I think my favourite's are the son of Athena and Dionysus TBH... I don't know why, but I do love sons of Athena, they're entertaining _

It's well written, intreguing, and I would love to hear more about these characters even though it was only a one shot. They were just that origional.

_ Good work.