Reviews for Gibbs' Present
VG LittleBear chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Hi, thanks for an interesting take on the trusting Ziva issue. I was surprised at the reference to get Tony under Ziva's thumb. I don't think Gibbs would give her leave for that, not out loud.
Thanks and cheers!
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Amazing story! Very well written! :)
Mechabeira chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
How did I miss this? I have no idea.

But thank you for filling in what some of us so desperately needed in that episode-you've done it well. Most excellent, honest, true to character, and "close to the vest," for lack of a better phrase.
Merandus chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
On your recommendation I am starting at the beginning. This was an excellent first piece. Thought-provoking in the way it spotlights Gibbs and Ziva (and humanizes them and their internal struggles), and a very good read.

Good job!
binkeybella chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
oh, this was very nice, just the right touches. Like Tony, I really love Ziva when she's not irritating the hell out of me. She's just not one of my favorite characters, and that's probably mostly due to the flip-flopping ways the writers have portrayed her. But, they've done that to most of the characters over the course of the series, so...anyways, this was bitter and sweet, and as fanfic often does, fleshed out what should have been portrayed on the show - Gibb's reluctance to take her back and trust her again, and Ziva realizing what she didn't know she had and willing to work for it. Thanks for writing and posting!
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Surprised to see me? I thought if you'd been so kind to me I ought to stop being silly and letting the words 'crack-fic' put me off. So I'm starting with the earliest, just as you did.

You make a very interesting point, that I've not come across before in the MCRT is Family universe... that Gibbs might not WANT to be regarded as a father even though the others see him that way.

He clearly wanted the team back together though, because although he told her he needed more time, to decide how to interact with her, he already had her reinstatement paper, so his subconscious had already made its mind up. Fascinating stuff!

Feel sorry for DiNozzo though... wasn't he the one who insigated her rescue? Ouch!
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This was nice! Direct and well-described. Each line of dialogue seemed totally plausible and easy to imagine. With the exception of one small part ("...I appreciate the idea that you think of me as a surrogate father, and I am going to use that to make certain you belong with us.") Personally, I can't quite see Gibbs saying this. Not to say he doesn't feel this way, because I'm certain he does! But for him to admit it like that is difficult for me to picture.

Other than that bit, though, this was very nicely written and enjoyable. Good work! :)
madame.alexandra chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
That was quite impressive.

I really did love it, perhaps because the Gibbs/Ziva arc of the beginning of this season was very dear to me. The two of them are very layered characters to me, and I thought their scenes together were well written.

As was this. I'm glad you decided to post; I enjoyed this a lot.

-Alexandra
Liraeyn chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I love it. Really. Good job, and keep writing!
honeydust9251 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Good story. I enjoy reading when people actually make an effort to write something realistic. Although the stories relating to the FAN are pretty funny.
Tigyr chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Your thoughts and insight on this are amazing. Not quite the point of view that most would take and I like it this way.

Nice story.

tigyr
Fed up with this crap chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Aw this is really good and so like Gibbs.
PT21 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Excellent piece :)
Ziva4Tony chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Very nice story:) Hey I was in the USAF and my hubby is Ret USAF:) Thanks for serving and hope to read more of your stories:)
hadleygirl chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Nicely done! You've been holding out on us. I look forward to more.