Reviews for The Fierce War
DarogaDaae chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
I'm not a crier. I'm just not.

This story has had me sobbing and laughing on-and-off for the last three chapters. Please, please come back to it sometime. I really would love to see more of this.
Truth Questor chapter 11 . 6/7/2012
This is really great so far; I hope you continue. Subscribed.
Running Ninja chapter 11 . 12/19/2011
I love this story. It's really great, and well done. I love how much backstory you give everyone, even the cucco lady and her brother turning into a Stalfos, and Link's parents and then Malon, and Darunia and his father, and Impa and the Sheikah...it's all so great and at least three times every chapter I either squeal with joy, wrench with sadness, or lose my breath to tension. Simply amazing. Please keep it up!
Jayadragon chapter 10 . 11/18/2010
Great chapter. I love this little bit with Malon being a gerudo, it would explain a lot. Also i love how you just portrayed Ganondorf, cold yes but not mean. Not a cruel heartless person, just a bit off and also a bit terrifying but not evil, at least not completely.
Davin Sunrider chapter 10 . 11/17/2010
Whoa, that was unexpected! I like this twist, with Malon being half-Gerudo. It's actually very fitting. And I also like how you show that Gerudo traits thin out after a hundred years or so without the renewing influence of the King. Of course, that's mostly because I deal with the same concepts in my own stories.

Excellent chapter. Till next time!
Andrea Foxx chapter 10 . 11/16/2010
Ah, but I thought Malon's mom DID live on the ranch for a while- didn't she compose Epona's song? Or is that later?

... the well. Oh man, the well. Eheugh, the well. A good cliffhanger, but... the well. I don't want to think what was down there, or what's going to be down there with the war on and the gore fresh... ugh...
I Am Sparty chapter 10 . 11/15/2010
While the fact that this chapter shows your version of the origins of Malon, I'm actually more interested to know why a Gerudo gave birth to a girl with more Hylian blood in her than Gerudo. That's certainly different.

And those old witches...always trying to stir up trouble. Their influence is great, and I find it cool to see that the only thing they were able to bestow upon Ganondorf was the knowledge of their dark magic, but not their evil ways. Now I wonder how he comes upon that certain aspect of his being, how he becomes consumed by the darkness.
I Am Sparty chapter 9 . 9/18/2010
Oh, I'm glad you updated this one. I've really enjoyed what you've done with this tale.

So it seems that Ganondorf is beginning his descent into darkness; I've really liked the transition that you've portrayed for him doing this. But it seems strange that Nabooru would call G-dorf "brother" instead of "liege" or "majesty" or some other honorific denoting his rulership over the Gerudo.

The accents that you gave the Hylians in Castle Town were fun to read, and I found myself able to sound them out in my head as I went along.

The plot thickens, and it's a welcome thing. I look forward to more.
Andrea Foxx chapter 9 . 9/18/2010
As always, this story feels so much like Ocarina of Time it hurts. I mean, I've been going around replaying it recently and I can very nearly imagine the people hanging around Castle Town saying things like this. The insight into the common people is excellent and I feel VERY needed in this story. Reading it, it almost is like one of the things I read in the dystopian literature unit in my lit class. Set in Hyrule. Epic win.

Seeing Ganondorf dump out the wine, and see the development of his character is so wonderfully spine-creeping to me. He's essensially not a terrible person. Who lets one conclusion lead to another, mix with angry emotion, and lets it stew. Seeing the suggestions of what he's going to eventually do here is chilling and... urgh... you have dramatic irony on your side.

This story is coming along so well. We all know how it will end. But it's the middle and the getting there that is awesome here. I pounced on the story alert as soon as I noticed it in my inbox.
I Am Sparty chapter 8 . 8/25/2010
What a touch of irony! Ganondorf being the reason Link's mother was able to escape. Haha, you've got a sadistic sense of humor! But I love it! So Link is alive because of Ganondorf, but Ganondorf is defeated because of Link. NICE.

Saria turns out to be Link's best friend in the Kokiri forest, so it truly makes sense that she's the one to have cared for him from his infancy.

The only problem I see with this is that Mido isn't more sympathetic to Link considering this story shows the little freckled Kokiri being present during Link's adoption by the Deku Tree. Then again, I think you showed Mido's unwillingness to have anything that's not a Kokiri when he acted in disdain towards burying Link's mother.

Good job so far. I'll be sure to keep up with this.
I Am Sparty chapter 7 . 8/25/2010
Imagine Ganondorf finding out about the Triforce from an ex-Temple of Time worker. LOL. I always imagined though that with Koume and Kotake living for as long as they did, they knew about many legends concerning Hyrule, the Triforce being one of them. It would make sense for Ganondorf to first hear of it from them, as well as learning the Dark Arts from them, possibly (from them or from Sheikahs...eh, it's all up to speculation anyway).

Wow, the King of Hyrule really isn't a very likeable fellow in this story, and it almost seems like his actions are pushing Ganondorf over the edge.

Link's father a member of the Order of the Triforce? Makes sense, I suppose. I'm interested to see how that little subplot plays out, with Link eventually ending up in the Deku Tree's care.
I Am Sparty chapter 6 . 8/25/2010
Haha, conspiracies are fun little things. I really can't blame the Hylians for not liking the Gerudos though. For the most part those women bring it on themselves, raiding Hyrule and stealing from them from time to time.

I wonder how many Hylian men have to keep secret from their wives their wild exploits with a woman or two from the desert? :P

This is an interesting detail, giving Impa a brother, that is. Is it her biological brother or is he simply a brother within their order, the Sheikah? Just wondering.
I Am Sparty chapter 5 . 8/25/2010
I think I like the scenes with Ganondorf the best. I like how it shows his actions leading up to what we know will be his eventual quest for dominance over Hyrule. His contempt for the King of Hyrule is very clear, and yet we feel for him, seeing how the Hylian king views and treats the Gerudo. The way you're writing this gives us the perspective of all sides of the conflict. You make the political strife in this story very clear, and we all know what that can lead to...
I Am Sparty chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
Ah, nice tie-in to the Water Temple's Room of Reflection. I like that you made it out to be Sheikah Shadow Magic that creates the apparition known as Dark Link.

I do like that you throw in the origin of the Spiritual Stones into this story. I'm just trying to think how Ganondorf finally figures out the locations of the stones, seeing how he seeks them out in OoT. I sense a betrayal coming up. I predict that it'll be Ulgo, the Sheikah following Impa's movements, seeing as he already interfered in the King of Hyrule's affairs by giving the Zoras that extra layer of protection in the Water Temple...perhaps he'll go even further than that...but who am I to say since this is still early on in the story?

Great job, as always. My only concern still is the transition between scenes. I'm guessing you're not using breakers because that's the style of writing you want to use, but the changes do seem pretty abrupt because of this at times.

That's all I got for now.
I Am Sparty chapter 3 . 8/25/2010
Holy smokes this chapter got really dark...

So Impa was the one that killed Olun's parents, and the Sheikah are having internal problems. This story is shaping up to be a really good prequel to OoT.

In this chapter you actually went from the viewpoint of the smaller people and began discussing the plot from the Royal Family's perspective, as well as Impa, giving us a closer look at the middle of the troubles. I did enjoy the inclusion of the Sacred Stones, how they became the treasures necessary to open the Door of Time in conjunction with the Ocarina of Time.

The descriptions of the different elements and how they related to the three goddesses seemed a bit drawn out, but you explained it well enough to where it was still interesting. I like it when people incorporate such vague ideas and draw rules around them...this kind of thing is what gives a lot of the Zelda fanfics out there so much more depth than the actual games.

I just really liked this chapter, and I hope you keep up this caliber of work in the remaining updates.