Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
the cantarella of odile chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Amazing. Poignant and very in-character, all I can say is that this is an incredible oneshot : )
Europe28 chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I won't pretend I didn't cry when I read this. It was heart warmingly sad.
aestheticisms chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This was intense. You could feel the emotions throughout the story. Marvelous job.
young dawn chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
A captivating piece, I must say. I like that you displayed a different side of Wallace here. Lovely descriptions throughout and a fitting end. Well done.

Sora(:
rachelalexandra chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
So, so sad. And somehow you managed it without too much bitterness, congratulations to you!
Snoaz chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
A Gracefulstory! Not enough of those. .

The typically harsh sound of a door slamming didn’t even faze the man reclining lazily in the alleyway behind the world-famous building where the gym leaders of Hoenn met at least once every year.

I feel that this sentence is a bit too long... especially since it's the first one.

He didn’t feel in the mood, though.

Shouldn't it be 'wasn't in the mood'?

Wallace felt her breaths tickle on his skin

'Breath'.

and the fierceness in her familiar eyes to be cruel

Sounds a bit odd.

resonating around as if she had slammed a hundred hard metal doors rather one weak wooden one

You forgot 'than'. :)

So much for the grammar and stuff. I liked this story; the writing was well, and the way you portrayed their relationship interesting. Wallace is usually shown to be elegant and refined, but here you see a more harsh side of him. (Something that has always been there, I think, because how otherwise could he be champion?)

Also, the last line was impressive - a very fitting ending!

~Snoaz