Reviews for Scorched Earth Drabbles
Kameya Karona chapter 17 . 12/7/2012
That's amazingly heart-breaking. These one-shots are well written and touching so far.
Loudheart14 chapter 19 . 7/19/2012
Ok..I am BAWLING! I couldn't help but get images of the movie "Schindler's List" outta my head. I yelled at Germany while reading...

I asked why it was okay for a WOMAN and CHILD to die. Can a child hold and operate a gun, Ludwig? Gosh, I was screaming into my pillow.

Those poor people, all those innocent people. I have always loved learning about the WW2 era. But I always end up crying. What I don't understand, is why would Hitler not also attack Christians. Do people always forget that Jesus was JEWISH? I've never understood that.

Anyway, I enjoy this series. May I ask a question? Are you ever gonna write about Pearl Harbor or the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Loudheart14 chapter 8 . 7/19/2012
I...those poor...poor people...My best friend lost half of her family at Auscwitz. My heart breaks for the Jews, and for everyone else who died because of that Nut-case's ideas.

I interviewed a man that survived the Holocaust. He was born in Poland and wittnessed(at 9 years old) his family being shot right in front of him. People who say that the Holocaust didn't happen, they are crazy
Loudheart14 chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
Oh Gilly! Don't forget The Word of The Bible! THAT contains all of what the Lord wants us to know! Besides, the words of Jesus are the foundation of Christianity, the belief the Jesus is the Son, the Messiah that the Lord promised to give not only the people of Israel, but the WORLD! :) Very good chapter!
Loudheart14 chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
...I kinda feel bad that I'm related to the Medici (with a last name like Mendicino, it's kinda impossible..but I am related to them). And this made me almost cry.

But God wouldn't want somthing like the Basilica. He is humble, and Jesus doesn't want something built for Him that was made in greed and corruption

:) BACK TO READING!:)
DLHKM chapter 19 . 6/20/2011
This is marvelous,and I cannot begin to say how pleased I am with Gilbert's remark at the end. You're doing swimmingly, and I hope that you'll find the time to update soon
Ophelion chapter 19 . 10/18/2010
Wow those were awesome! Some typos and grammatic mistakes here and there, but the story itself... it was so well-written. You've written WWII in such a way that is so Hetalia, yet so honest to its brutal reality, too. I really love how you've portrayed the effects of war, how no-one wins, and everyone suffers. I also really appreciate that you have the Italian and German nations suffering under the rules of their leaders, as they represent the people, and really, the civilians suffered no matter which side of the war they were on.

I particularly love how you've written the exchanges between Prussia, Germany and Austria, as well as that chapter for the Italies.

Yeah, just... I'm amazed at how you've managed to make it so true to both the canon and the real history. Some people accuse of Hetalia sugarcoating the horrors of war... well, thie 'fic just shows that it can be done without the sugar. Thanks a lot for writing this, it's absolutely terrible, but absolutely beautiful as well.
InsomniaticFrenchToast chapter 19 . 7/22/2010
Wow, this story is amazing.

That last line of Gilbert's is so saddening and bitter.

You've put a whole new take onto Gilbert, most portray him as happy-go-lucky, slightly perverted, extremely arrogant, and eccentric big brother type. Others portray him as not caring about religion and being more interested in picking fights with people and living for the glory of battle.

I quite honestly love him the way you portray him. (I love him in general but that's besides the point)

This story is so dark, and I'm loving every minute of it. You have a talent and it clearly shows in these drabbles.
Aschenhimmel chapter 19 . 7/11/2010
Gilbert's last line sure was a gut-punch.

I like the way you portrayed Gilbert here, with his outburst and disgust over killing children and most of all, his Christian background shows through. I dunno, I love that part of Prussia. It brings up a kind of contradiction that a person this loud and warlike has a religious reason for existing. I think you caught that part real well. Keep on writing! :D
FortunesRevolver chapter 17 . 11/22/2009
Wow... all of these are just... really good. It's amazing to see how you're piecing together in such a dramatic fashion. It's... unfortunately very fitting. Almost said in a way, but still very wonderful to read.

I really like this (and I admit, somewhere deep down my PrussiaxAustria insane fangirl keeps squeeing over any moments of Gilbert and Roderich together-which I probably shouldn't, as I don't know if you even like the couple) but I look forward to more. I apologize for not replying to each chapter, but I would eagerly jump to the next one.

Once again, well done, and your style of writing is beautiful.
HughesHanajimaHilariaHypocrite chapter 16 . 11/19/2009
this chapter was good and all, but I just have one nitpicky thing to point out: in the early days, America's people were the Amerindians. There would not be an Iroquois-san or a Cherokee-tan or a Sequoia-kun, because America represented all of these tribes. Clearly America's perception of his people expanded until he saw himself as the mostly Anglo-European group of immigrants' descendants, but I see him as retaining traces of the tribes who made up his original identity. Your Trail of Tears angst is just as valid and touching. That's just my take on the matter. Very good story, keep on writing.

~Hilaria
Pippin's Socks chapter 14 . 11/17/2009
Ok, so normally I would review every single chapter of such a beautiful selection of one shots b-but (looks guilty) they were so awesome I had to finish them all off in one go or my brain would through another hissy fit XD

This is by far the best series of WW2 shots I've read, and you've managed to avoid the cliche of using the Blitz as a topic XD That one seems to be dredged up quite a bit :P In stead you went for the other point of view, something you don't see a lot of and truly do the Axis side justice, I especially love your portrayel's of Prussia, Austria and Romano 3. They are all so incredibly awesome :D

Well I sound like a blithering fangirl xD Can't wait for more :D
Aschenhimmel chapter 13 . 11/16/2009
Hogawd, as much as I love every drabble in this collection (will review each one of them when I get the time, gomen gomen ), this one is my favorite, because it shows the rare serious side of the Gilbo we know as the most cracktastic (yet awesome) troublemaker. I've got to admit that with him acting always awesome, I forget that he was, at first, a crusader. Anyways! It's nice to see a story which Gilbert *is* troubled and not being foul-mouthed (because I think he's capable of respect, thanks for showing that - not that I love him less for being such a foulmouthed jerk, but a change once in a while would be nice XD) Keep it up, I'm following this! :D
JJ chapter 12 . 11/13/2009
I'll be honest, I love all your drabbles!

However this one left me confused since it seems Gilbert dislikes Feliciano when in the drama cd it was implied the opposite (also the two should know each other well due to the ties between the Teutonic Order and Venice and the fact italy and Prussia had fought together against Austria). Or is this because despite what Hetalia seems to imply actually Germans at the time didn't like Italians much?
KandyHouse chapter 12 . 11/12/2009
Holy Cow. I actually know the history behind this one. It was Pope Leo X that issued the Peter's Indulgences to fund the construction of St. Peter's Basilica. I love how you wrote Prussia in this chapter, but I felt ignorant because I didn't know what the Ave Maria was! Anywho, please post the next chapter soon; I look forward to it!