Reviews for An Effortless Show of Segue Prowess
Ibskib chapter 5 . 3/15
The last part was genuinely funny, a shame the story was discontinued.
It sounds really weird for Andromeda to say "Wotcher", that's Tonks' catch phrase.
That's Not how a banishing charm works, and definitely not how the food gets transported.
From the HP wiki:
"The five tables in the kitchen were magically linked to the tables in the Great Hall, and dishes placed upon the tables would be transported to their counterparts in the Great Hall."
sonofthehills chapter 5 . 11/28/2015
OK, I saw this was discontinued, but I will still say it is very entertaining, and I enjoyed this much.
Pahan chapter 5 . 2/3/2015
It's decently written, but I was hoping for a fic about Hermione in Ravenclaw where she has her own development and her own adventures and interesting achievements, only intersecting with Harry's when the situation warranted.

However, they are brought together on Hogwarts Express, and from then on, Hermione doesn't actually do anything other than facilitate Harry doing interesting things.

It's also big on some Hermione fanon, like Hermione being supposedly obsessed with rules, and it shows up even when it wouldn't make sense narratively. For example, in the scene where they come up with the Boycott plan - Harry's idea, of course - they spend several paragraphs discussing the consequences of boycotting Snape's class, like loss of points and detentions, then, suddenly, out of nowhere, Hermione mentions that it's against the rules, and Cho lectures her that it's OK to break the rules sometimes. If I had a penny for every scene where that exchange played out (though it's usually Harry doing the lecturing)...

All in all, while this writer is clearly quite good, I find myself glad that this fic is discontinued. There are too many fics where Hermione's only role is to facilitate Harry's greatness (and maybe be his love interest) as it is.
FrictionX42 chapter 5 . 5/24/2014
Fantastic work, and an interesting premise.
MuggleRavenclaw chapter 5 . 9/6/2013
Dang it, man! Great story here! Come back to it!
MuggleRavenclaw chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Ok, so I just posted a review on your Halle Evans fic about fifteen minutes ago, whereupon I promptly began reading this one. I love it. Very original premise, excellent first chapter, and I LOVE Ravenclaw Harry stories.
PaulBlay chapter 4 . 12/12/2012
Ravenclaw door : "I would also have accepted 'Your phone number'"
Trayus chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
It's a darn shame this story is abandoned. There are so few stories that portray Cho in a positive light, and I really like your enthusiastic, slightly mischievous take on her. Even if you didn't plan to pair her up with Harry (much as I wish that were the case) it would've been a pleasure to see their friendship evolve.

Looking forward to your updates on your other HP works. Although I'm a H/C fan first and foremost, H/Hr is definitely up there for me.
ZanyMuggle chapter 5 . 10/26/2012
This is an excellent story. All of your other work is unabashed HP/HG, and that's ok, but this one is ship-open with lots of ship potential. Furthermore, the story itself is quite interesting. Of all your discontinued works, this is the one I'll miss the most.
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
I really like this, shame it is discontinued. Any chance you will change that?
HarnGin chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
I'm sorry you decided to discontinue this story. It's quite entertaining.
Iskadrow chapter 5 . 9/7/2012
The idea that spawned this fic has merit, I think, and translated quite well into the first chapter and the interactions of a slightly more experienced Hermione with an ickle Harriekins there. Not sure where it fell apart, but from some point onward it became a slightly disorienting reading experience for me - as if the story lost its focus.

That said, I had great fun with the latter part of your last chapter here, and the final line made me crack up. I get what Mrs. Rowling did with the protections on the Philosopher's Stone, making them a convenient series of challenges for a group of first years, but they make no real sense in the world the story is set in. Granted, one could assume the Mirror of Erised to be some kind of trap, but Quirrelmort did not seem to be particularly affected or anything ..
elmoryakhan chapter 5 . 7/27/2012
Please don't discontinue this fantastic story. A story like this deserves to be finished. Please come back to this story. If for some reason you still can't or won't continue this story then please give it up for adoption or turn it into a fanfiction challenge.

But I still hope you change your mind and finish this story yourself.