Reviews for Thorns Wither
friendlydyke chapter 9 . 4h ago
cant remember if i already read chapter 9 or not because i cant even remember the 8th one even though i read it for sure last summer. i read both stories/novels twice because i liked them a lot (maybe i should do it again because my memory is shit obviously). anyways... new chapter! yay! it would be nice if you continued. someday.
FuzzySandwitch chapter 9 . 1/11
So glad to see you're continuing this fic! I honestly followed with zero hope of being able to see the end of your incredible world here. Then, on but a simple day, like so many others, wondrous news! sharnii has returned!

A great chapter too! I feel so bad for Juri and Miki, they're being pulled right back in to the pain surrounding Shiori and Kozue from the series. I think you bridged the gap nicely for that from the anime, though. I was skeptical about Juri, since the show puts so much emphasis on her moving on from Shiori with her new locket and jokes about Utena's picture. But by drawing them all in with hopes of rescue (not their original feelings as seen in the anime) I can believe once they are back in that situation, moments of weakness occur.

Anthy's final moment of clarity, one that none of the others may have even realized, even Utena (at least to the same degree and deep understanding of their allies' hearts that Anthy has), of miscalculation was wonderful. Moves and counter-moves between here and her brother. So similar but completely different than Roses Grow.

Can't wait for more!

FuzzySandwitch
Sierra Arcanum chapter 9 . 1/11
First of all, I want to thank you for the amazing stories! I've read Roses Grow before and then stumbled upon it's sequel, Thorns Wither.
Both stories are amazing, and the way you portray the characters is also wonderful! This is some sort of closure for me, I'm so sad that I've finished SKU and there was nothing left for me... But that's why I love your fics!
You really made my year, I am in love with your writing!

Good luck with the trilogy (if you ever plan to finish it), and even if you can't, I still thank you for the great experience it has been so far.

- My best wishes, Sierra Arcanum.

(I apologize for being too lazy to log in and fav/follow your story, but my account is in a mess and there's a lot to manage there. However, I have this bookmarked as a temporary favorite in my cellphone until do so through my account.)
Inprimense2 chapter 9 . 1/10
Great Chapter! I love how strongly you portrayed Utena. This chapter was so suspenseful, can't wait for the next update. Thank You. Sharnii
icancervive chapter 9 . 1/10
hah! new chapter! pleaeeeeeese finish this story. i love your writing, it's so inherent to the characters, the way you write them captures them perfectly, pushing beyond but still managing to grip their core emotions and thoughts; straying, journeying, but still staying much too close to home. it's pleasingly balanced and paced. my only issue is that I'd like to time jump to your next update, because I have to reread everything to "get to that place" in my head and in my heart, not that I'm complaining, coz i dont mind rereading something this beautiful...that time jump craving though
TheRingMistress92 chapter 9 . 1/9
Sharnii! I can't believe it's been so long since you last updated, it really hasn't felt like it's been nearly 2 years! I actually went back to the beginning of the story and read it through, to really savor the new chapter (also to catch up on what I've forgotten, haha).
I'm so excited to find out where this is going.
It was a wonderful chapter. I realized how much I missed your writing and how much more I've fallen for these characters because of you. You never fail to deliver!
Happy new year! Here's to another one. D
DS chapter 9 . 1/7
I'm so glad you've updated! This is an excellent gift for the new year.
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 1/7
Cool chapters
gorgeousshutin chapter 9 . 1/6
One thing I didn't comment on in the PM is my love for your Tokiko. Her character is left purposely sparse in the TV series, such that she could be either good, bad or both. You've made her a very exciting femme-fatale figure here in TW, and I'd love to see more of her down the road.

Plus, much love for the cliffhanger at the end *heart*
moonstruckgirl15 chapter 8 . 1/5
These two stories are amazing, and I now accept them as canon follow ups to the series. I don't know if you will ever update this again, but it's okay if you don't. While I would love to see the conclusion, I can imagine one for myself.

Heh, I will just assume that Anthy and Utena save the day and each other with just the right amount of conflict and angst in the process, Akio stops being a meddling bastard, Juri forgets about that heartless bitch Shiori, Miki either rescues Kozue or moves on, and they all live happily ever after, especially Utena and Anthy, who will have found a solution to Utena's... unique... performance issues and gone on the best honeymoon ever, hehe.

Thanks for writing such awesome stuff. It's been a blast! :D
Guest chapter 8 . 12/20/2014
Your two stories were amazing, im so sad it stopped'
FuzzySandwitch chapter 8 . 9/23/2014
It's been years, but this is a wonderful fic that I hope you continue some day. Anthy's voice is wonderful and conflicted, and her struggle to grow beyond the Rose Bride is amazing. I know in your author's notes for Roses Grow you mention hopefully doing a three part series. I hope one day you complete it!

Holding onto hope that you'll return,

FuzzySandwitch
SymphonyOfDeath chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
sharnii, please return.
justmeff chapter 8 . 6/18/2014
Hey, dear. I love the story. I read your previous one and I fell in love with it. You are one of those "special few" who really seem to know what they are talking about.
You have an amazing grasp of the characters, no one seems to be off or OOC in the slightest bit. Your wording is spectacular (like I would expect from a professional writer) and your plot twists are amazing. Your humor is subtle, yet absolutely entertaining.
Sooo...here comes the inevitable question: Would you please post the next chapter? I think I speak on behalf of all your readers when I say we are ready to get down on our knees and beg you. Would that help, perhaps?
In all seriousness, though, the story's great and I can't wait for your update.
Best regards,
Justmeff, fellow SKU lover.
gertrud chapter 8 . 4/18/2014
this fic made my uterus glow