Reviews for Thorns Wither
Lackan chapter 9 . 10/9
Ah... too many questions still open in this engaging tale. I hope you continue this story!
Morte Mistrata chapter 9 . 7/28
I really love your stories in this fandom. I've been binge reading then while at band camp and looking at the update date, I hope you continue because I like the way yoi write
justmeff chapter 9 . 4/10
So I'm back to this fanfiction to catch up with the events. And I have to say you never disappoint me.

Let's start from the top - literally. The chapter names are always so well chosen. I see the name of the chapter and immediately think - "What's about to happen here?" And then you deliver the second punch, the quote. I took special liking to this chapter's quote. So much meaning.

Anthy having another go at humanity ("Maybe that was what real life was like for ordinary people?") was golden. At first I though I had enjoyed Utena's POV better. But it's not the case. You have such a great grasp of the characters that I'm beginning to see things from new angles. Not many people can do that. Anthy's character is a bit harder for me to grasp, she has more dimensions than I could have imagined. You seem to do them all justice anyhow.

I enjoy the short sentences you write. They always convey so much meaning in so few words ("It was a princely thing to do. It was a stupid thing to do").

Seeing the change in Anthy and the way you write it is something to look forward to in every chapter. She's still changing, she has a long way to go. And Utena's sudden (or not so sudden) moments of insight chill me to my bones. The delivery was amazing in this chapter ("You're the mouse").

One thing that still has me puzzled is Dios. Does Akio having Dios again change anything? We'll have to wait and see. I look forward to it already. The conflict is undeniable though, if Akio has Dios and Utena is the only one who evidences Dios, well...

The grasp of the other characters is really good. I especially enjoy Juri-Miki duo (although, who am I kidding, I enjoy Juri's interactions with everybody). Her and Miki's stories are particularly interesting additions as they have deep and painful connections to their respective other halves.

Shiori's drive to become a geisha felt very real as did Juri's temptation to be her patron. The explanation behind both of their motives didn't leave me cold.

The part I liked the most has to be Anthy's understanding: "...She didn't understand them like I did. Didn't know what it was like to be Juri: loving past the point of reason, and never being loved in return. Didn't know what it was like to be Miki: forever bound to your other half, never able to stand alone".

All in all, another great chapter, with spot-on characterization, interesting plots (and plot twists) and an intriguing cliffhanger. Keep up the good work!

Justmeff
rhetoricyard chapter 1 . 4/1
Hello there, i am a fan of your work and i was really hoping to get to finish reading this story. Plsssss oh please post the rest of the chapters until the story is finished. I will wait for you. I would really love to read this till the end. Please
imgay666 chapter 9 . 12/30/2015
i love this story so much! it's been so long but i still love coming back to it... im so eagerly awaiting the next chapter & hope to see more from you soon!
moonstruckgirl15 chapter 3 . 11/30/2015
I always come back to read this story again. Ahh, I hope you can update soon.
elishachan110 chapter 9 . 11/10/2015
Lol, this is the first eng fanfiction I read startin from High school since there is very few of chinese fanfic of utena. Remember the days I have a hard time reading this haha. Now It becomes ones of the gud memory . Dont have high hope for any updates . But anyway thanks to the writer.
Illusivities chapter 9 . 10/14/2015
I've only recently come across Utena, but managed to finish the anime in two days, then started looking for fanfiction that would continue the story for me. This (and Roses Grow) was one of the first I came across, and I've enjoyed them very much. I would love it if this were continue as well. Thanks for writing these stories
Guest chapter 9 . 7/2/2015
This story and rose grow is the most "utena" utena fanfic. Please finish some day!
wolfie21 chapter 9 . 6/26/2015
I really hope to read an update soon from you!
antinomian chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
I really like this chapter. It's nice to see what Akio did to Anthy be explicitly dealt with. It's not surprising to me that Utena was afraid to be with Anthy...honestly that sex scene with Akio *looked* like it hurt her, and it didn't look like he was all too concerned about whether it did or not :-(. Somehow I sense jealousy on Juri's part? Oh well, I'll keep reading to find out.
Tonnerre chapter 9 . 5/13/2015
Well damn that was incredible. Akio is up to his old tricks and I wonder, does he even know what he's doing anymore? Juri still can't see that Shiori is toxic and Kozue continues to drag Miki down. I think one of the key theme here is letting go of toxic relationships and not longing for the past when it's long since dead and gone. Otherwise, we keep ending up in the same song and dance.
Tonnerre chapter 8 . 5/13/2015
I am so glad you returned to this story, it's like slipping into an old comfortable sundress, reading it again. Comfy and fun.
Iji chapter 9 . 5/8/2015
Just letting you know that I love your series of stories. I hope you continue. I've been with you since the beginning :)
itsme chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
i do hope their new house has good soundproofing.