Reviews for A Feral Interlude
Vaughn Tyler chapter 4 . 11/24/2009
let us face it, not even a writer can control victor creed. lol
phantasme chapter 3 . 11/13/2009
I'm not sure exactly how to pinpoint it, but this chapter was my favorite thus far. I know you originally intended for this to be a one-shot but I'm glad you decided to pursue a continuation of this. It's very plot-thick and I like that.

I'm really liking how you're exploring the nature of "Izzy" and her background. I understand some readers dislike the idea of Creed being pairing up with a feral woman but I think it's more to do with writers carving out their personalities that liken to that of a automaton/mercenary killing machine instead of applying toughness with an underlying vulnerability of some form. I thought you sort of "tapped into" that so to speak, when you revealed Isabella/Countess De Winter's memories of Erik and her frustration of not knowing who she is after 453 yrs but I'd like to see more of that surface even though you are still early on in your story. :)

Expanding on Fyrefly's comment...I actually noticed five things that were a nod to the Victor :D but you apply these ideas in a unique and different way that separates them into a new level of originality. And I thought your version of Creed was very in-character...you preserve that primitive / vicious side of him but at the same time add layers of him in between his musings... particularly that bit where you show how he differs from Jimmy-how they should use their mutations to exert their dominance and superiority over the human race after years of oppression-that really makes me see why he joined the Brotherhood because he never struck me as a follower, least not Liev's version anyway.

Very nice and I'm looking forward to seeing a continuation of this! :)
justsimplymeagain chapter 3 . 11/11/2009
Great chapter, I like the development between Isabela and Victor thus far. And Victor isn't OOC, in fact as far as I can see, he's in character perfectly fine. And it's not a problem waiting between each chapter, the wait is always worth it.

Update soon.
Fyrefly chapter 3 . 11/11/2009
Great chapter, friend! I don't think Victor was OOC; rather, I think you've done a great job of developing and providing insights into his rough, animal personality while still making him *real* instead of a flat, one-sided character. I'm more intrigued by Isabela than ever, more from her reaction to "Izzie" than her age or her mutation. Can't wait to learn her story.

Great job-can't wait for more!

P.S. I am pretty sure I caught three (unless I'm mistaken?) nods to "The Victor" and they warmed my little heart. Just saying. :)
Fyrefly chapter 2 . 11/6/2009
Aw.

Okay, first of all, great chapter. I am so intrigued and can't wait to see how this moves further. You've got a story here full of surprises and brimming with the beginnings of even more. You've also got some vivid but not overdone violence, some smouldering sensual undertones, and a great cliffhanger. In short, I can't wait for more!

Second of all, and to go back to my initial "Aw," your shout-out is so deeply appreciated...not only just for the fact that hey! I got a shout-out!-but you said some very kind and meaningful things here and it is extremely flattering and an honor. So, thank you. I'll keep that in my heart, especially when I'm struggling with my writing.

Can't wait for more, friend!
FluffyBiscuits chapter 2 . 10/29/2009
Victor will rescue Isabelle right? I hope so.
Anasazi Darkmoon chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
Yay, blood! Anyway, this was very good! Keep it up!
justsimplymeagain chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
Sweet chapter. I love the interaction between Victor and Isabela XD I love her first name. Isabela. I hope 'Isabela' is going to be okay. I can't help but worry about her. I actually don't like original characters all that much even in my own stories when I have the odd one. But her, I like her. She seems like she can actually be a character in X-Men'verse. Curious, did you come up with the idea of her creation on your own or was there inspiration from another character?

Anywho, just curious.

Hopefully you update soon. Well, as soon as he deem fit enough to upload your next masterpiece chapter.
Alicia Marianne chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Love the story, but it was one damn long oneshot! still, you managed to keep it interesting and intruging all along, great job!

I've written a vitor creed story of my own, and if you'd have time, i would like you to check it out and see what you think of it!

i hope you write more of these!
CaptainJuice chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Oh man, great oneshot of this story. It would be great if you ever make a story out of it. I could probably see you having the two cross paths again.. Anyways, I loved it.
kungfupandabear chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
That was AMZAING!
justsimplymeagain chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Very good, you did a good job at this. Did well to keep you interested to keep reading... unfortunately for me it made me nearly late for work this morning XD which was why I didn't review this morning like I planned to.

Anywho, your OC was superb. I wouldn't mind reading more fanfic's about her. Learning more of her story if you have more, even if it's not her past but her present and possibly future. Not to mention I wouldn't mind knowing what her and Creed's cat and mouse game goes.

Anywho, wonderful fanfic!
Fyrefly chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Great vicfic, my friend. You really managed to capture the bestial nature of him in this fic-capture it and complement it, taking it to new heights by virtue of the awesome OC egging him on. I loved it, loved it, loved it.

In response to your author's note at the end: I think this functioned extremely well as a one-shot or a prologue. I would love to read more, especially if it was complemented by a more distinct underlying plot or character-pursuit. I think you could successfully turn this into a full-length fiction if you want to, but I am perfectly happy either way! It feels like it could be complete or continuing from here...which I think is a very difficult balance to strike, so good job!
Anasazi Darkmoon chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Very interesting! I'm not really that big a fan of Sabertooth, but if you keep writing, I'll keep reading. I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens when the two of them clash again.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4