Reviews for Sometimes Life is a Fair
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 4/8
I'm so glad your friend convinced you to publish this, it is an awesome look at a happy Sam and Dean, we don't get to see that very often. I love h/c stories, but some happy fluff is needed too!
Panda13216 chapter 1 . 4/8
Woah. This is now one of my favorite stories! You made me laugh so much! Good job!
-Panda
JazMitch chapter 1 . 1/19
*Sigh* I love. Cue happy tears!
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I love it. I was laughing as much as Sam and dean where.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
What a nice picture of the brothers' good day. They should have more good times on the show.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Aw . :) I really enjoyed this one. well done! :D I think the boys are entitled to a little fun now and then.
Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Finally, an author who is not anti-God. I have heard enough of "God's some idiot who's out there doing nothing" to last me for five life times. I mean, even canon has some issues with that. Seriously though, amazing story. Going on my favs!

As Always,

Joee
Craic agus Ceol chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
It sure is nice to see the brothers acting like brothers again! But curses, now I want funnel cake, and I have no idea where I might find one at this time of year. M, deep fried death on a plate...

I think a giant teddy bear in the back seat would frighten me, too, and I've never had to deal with a bi-polar living teddy bear. *shivers*

Great story once again! :D
bhoney chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
LOVED this: "the good times he and Sam shared, they were still a priceless blessing. And that particular blessing, it was almost proof enough for him that God was out there. That God existed and He had a soft spot for him." SO true!

‘I’ll be anywhere you are big brother.’ Aw...so sweet!

Great fic! I love street fairs and stuff, and adore the idea of the boys visiting one (I just recently did a fic where they visited a carnival, so that line of yours made me laugh). I love them just hanging out, being brothers, enjoying being together. A really lovely story!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
This story was so much fun to read.

Thanks for the smile!

The brothers need a day just to have fun.

You wrote some great lines as Dean and Sam laughed and reconnected as brothers.

'That walking around here, with Sam at his side, it felt like they were brothers again, but more than that. Were friends, someone the other could be himself with, laugh with. And he didn’t want to lose that feeling, not just yet.'

I had to laugh when Dean won the teddy bear.

'It took every hunter instinct in him to not jump when he found himself nose to nose with a huge teddy bear. A bear that reminded him sharply of that girl’s cussing, depressed real live teddy bear.'

Dean giving the stuffed animal to a child, that sounds like him.

Wonderful ending - loved Dean thoughts -

'Remembered what it felt like to be happy, to be part of someone, part of a family, to be part of the family that consisted of him and Sam. Remembered what it felt like to laugh with someone he loved, to feel contentment seep over him at having his brother at his side...it was almost proof enough for him that God was out there. That God existed and He had a soft spot for him.'

Sam's thoughts - 'But there was a happy glimmer in Sam’s eyes that matched the feeling spreading through him. The feeling of coming home after being on a long, lonely journey.'

Thanks! for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Aw, it's so nice to see the boys having some fun together. There's been too much 'wrongness' the past year or so. Time to let down their hair and eat funnel cake!

Had to giggle when they discussed where they were going to 'start' with the food. My family and I usually eat our way through those things. Sometimes we pay for it later, but the fun and the food is what makes it. Calories don't count there. lol

Nicely done. :)
sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I'm pretty sure deep fried twinkies were invented with Dean Winchester in mind.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I liked this...the show better show something like this...the boys desperately need to have some fun together on the show...that comment that Dean has more fun with Cas needs to be changed. glad to see it done in FF land..good job
masondixon chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Very nice! What a change of pace and scenery. No evil things around (if you don't count the horrible clown faces!). And Sam and Dean together and having fun. Very refreshing story. Thank You.