Reviews for Ron Wants Harry's Wood
Snape6 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
*stands and applauds* This should win some sort of prize.
Kat of a Different Color chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
X59 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
really funny.
N chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wickedly funny. :D

I have read other, er.. suggestive (for the lack of better words) fanfics from other fandoms before, but yours just reads more naturally. Perhaps because it is in the HP Fandom, where the word 'broomstick' commonplace; or perhaps because it is Ron whom you used as the main character, and he is not really the type to care about what he says, thus making more hilarious the implications in the situation of the other meaning of the word 'broomstick'.

However, I am quite puzzled by the two girls' reactions at the third paragraph. "Both girls wore similar looks of digust" (you missed an 's' there, by the way) when Ron said he's "going to watch Harry polish his broomstick". What am I to make of it? Does that line try to imply that Ginny and Hermione are thinking of something else sexual instead of just taking the word 'broomstick' per se?

If that's the case, then having the last two paragraphs may be considered a rather measly attempt to toy with the metaphor. That Ginny and Hermione have been thinking of malicious thoughts from the beginning of their conversation with Ron is not consistent with the seemingly innocent portrayal these two girls get in the end. Writing explicitly "That broom polishing kit you gave him..." (which may have cleared all existing traces of suggestiveness) doesn't help at all, since it is negated by Ginny and Hermione's confusing blushing - surely, they will not have been simple-minded enough to deem Harry's broomstick-polishing "an awesome sight" and be flustered by it?

Anyway, that is all I can ever come up with. Oh, but I love how you make Ron speak of his "substandard equipment". Had the guy just been more careful with his words, he would have regretted talking about his equipment being substandard.

(PS: I think it rather important to have to say that in reading this fic of yours, I have come to assume that you were actually trying to make us, readers, think that, uh, the fic was suggestive - a supposition which might be very far from what might have been your innocent intention to write a normal scene where Ron talks about Harry's awe-inspiring skills in broomstick-polishing.. ack! Whatever! XD We both know from the start that the story's not going to be innocent!)

((PPS: Sorry for the unnecessarily long review.))
XxblondehermionexX chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Haha, this is great. I loved the line "As it is, I'm stuck with substandard equipment."
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Metaphors: dull stuff from English class.

Not so here, and I have to say I started laughing about halfway through because it was _so_ over-the-top and snarkily obscene, or obscenely snarky, or something like that. I would say 'nice work,' except that 'nice' is probably not the right adjective. :)
petros308 chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Cute story, nuf said!
AnExpressionOfWisdom chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Haha Love great play on words like that!
Love From A Muggle chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
I admit it was a really funny chapter, but a bit disturbing. Great job!
direwolfprincess chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Disturbing but surprisingly good.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Youa re an evil genius. Totally husterical.
FirstYear chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
LMAO... you out did yourself this time. Great!

I've never seen anyone work wood as beautifully as he does," Ron whispered.

And I have never read anyone write about it as funny as you...
madmaddiee chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I love you. This is too perfect.