Reviews for Window to Your Heart
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Wow. I really like this. A lovely and wonderful retelling of how Aragorn and Arwen met and fell in love. Great job on this!
cirtholien chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Cal, this was absolutely beautiful. I love the contrast you portray here between their first meeting and their second meeting...and the difference between love at first sight and love that grows. It really does make sense that hers would be a slower realization, that she'd find it difficult to see past his youth. Love your portrayal of that here through Arwen's point-of-view, and the way you describe her change of perspective through what she's observed in Aragorn. *loves*

And you know, it's funny, I remember when I first read LotR years ago I was a bit meh about Aragorn/Arwen, but I gradually came to love it, and now I'm with you - definitely one of my favorite pairings. :)

Sorry I'm so belated in reviewing! *hides*
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
I enjoyed this... shows very nice insight into what Arwen may have thought about Aragorn in both meetings. I'm not normally a romance fan at all, but I think like you mention in your notes, there's just something about Aragorn and Arwen... not really sure what, yet, but I'll figure it out someday. ;)
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Cal, this is beautiful! It's always a pleasure to read one of your stories. I also wondered what happened at that second meeting that it changed everything, and that's a good explanation.
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Oh, Cal, you weave such a lovely tale. Beautifully and insightfully written.
Ellynn chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Interesting view of Arwen's thoughts of their first and second meeting. I must confess that I didn't think much how deep her feelings were after the first meeting. Maybe you're right, maybe it was not love on the first sight for her, your description makes sense. However, even though she didn't fall in love at once, I am sure that she never forgot the young man she met. :)

Excellent story! ;)
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Aragorn-Arwen is a wonderful pairing. *g* And you've written it so well! I can imagine Arwen feeling the way you describe, and Aragorn too.
Mirach chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
This will be a weird sentence, but I love the story of their love. I think there is more then "warrior hero/beautiful-supporting-female" in this couple, Arwen is heroin in her own quiet way, by sacrificing her immortality for her love, and the sacrifice for Elrond, whom they both love, makes it even harder. And yet, they are meant for each other...
Elenothar chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Really good story! I love your writing style :)
StevenM chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Cool stuff! Keep it up!
tyral chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
wow that so sweet. i never thought about Arwen's side of things.
Faerthurin chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Beautiful.

I'm an Aragorn fan, and a bookverse-only writer, so your story appealed on those grounds to begin with. And you did not deceive my hope. You delicately showed the way each of them thought. You picked up little details in the book (like the way Galadriel reads hearts, and the way Arwen called him Estel even at the end of his life) and drew them together to be useful, but not overstated, in the story. You drew parallels as both the characters and the readers of the book would have drawn, and extended them. Excellent piece of writing.

One typo - did you mean to write "reprise" here: "His time in Lothlórien was only a reprise"? A reprise is a repeat, but a reprieve is a rest or a lessening of burden.

Faerthurin

P.S. I like that "I Veth" to close. I had to look it up, but that's sweet for any story about Elves.
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
That was very beautiful, Cal! *happy sigh* I loved the way you let us see Aragorn through Arwen's eyes here and your explanation of what finally sealed Arwen's fate. :)
Deandra chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Hm, I had thought they both loved at once, but I confess I am just now reading in full Tolkien's version of things vs all the various permutations (movies, fan fics, whatever). I think this a reasonable version of things, and perhaps his love was deeper, too, on the second meeting, when he knew more of life. And she could see more of his potential realized.

Nice tale!