Reviews for The Horrible Sickness
Black Rose of Paris chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
That... Was abso-fucking-lutely beautiful. I love you.
AltruisticMeasure chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
You have just blown my mind, you know? I think I have never been more entertained by a Batman fic than I was by this particular one. I had always wondered how Joker and Scarecrow would interact, and by god it certainly turned out fucking wonderful.
SubmissivExBlooD chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This is hilarious. Worthy of any and everyones favoritism. More than well written.
I really love the Joker's dominance over Crane. But that's just me and my kinkiness. _
Zeny chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
This is hilarious! How did you write this while keeping both of them so in character? Great job!
Luna chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
*snigger*

He had chick pox on his-
TehOpheliac chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
This is brilliant
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Your particular writing style is something I don’t often see on this site. It’s real, quality story-telling. Don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty of great fics that are more abstract or character based, but this particular piece has a real sense of story. I suppose it’s that all the elements that make up a good story are present and of a high standard.

For instance, the plot is a clever story arch that also has something to say. This story is a demonstration of why we’re taught in school to have a beginning, a middle and an end. It’s because that’s what a good story is.

The characterisation is skewed toward humour, obviously, but in a way that seems completely natural. For instance, every word of dialogue must have either been painstakingly chosen for aptness or just flow intuitively as a result of the characters or story. It’s just that spot on.

The humour in this piece was also exceptional. Firstly the situation is hilarious. On top of that, Crane’s dry, sarcastic and often caustic words and thought processes are exactly on point and also, once again, hilarious. What is particularly good about the humour is that it is integrated perfectly into the story—it’s seamlessly funny.

Essentially, it gels, it’s integrated and it fits together. The plot supports the humour and so do the characters. The nature of the characters simultaneously provides contrast to the humour while also enhancing it. The writing style supports the characters which in turn supports the contrast and the humour and so on. It’s hard to separate out the elements of what makes this a good story because these aren’t separate things. It’s integrated and that is also something that I don’t see often. Authors are often particularly good at one thing, like their plot or dialogue or tone. This is an all-round story where the elements work together. To create synergy. Really. I never thought I’d use the term synergy seriously, but with this fic, I think it’s the best way I can describe it.

On perhaps a more serious note, your theory of a sterile Joker makes such perfect sense. One could argue that the main reason we have government or civilisation at all is because people want a stable environment in which to raise children. (Ironically, that and public health measures.) Obviously there’s more to the Joker’s ‘philosophy’ than this absence of motivation toward a stable society, but I can see the rational for sterility and I find the idea intriguing.

I like to offer constructive feedback, but in all sincerity, I can’t even think of trivial points to comment on. Even the plot-hole of the Joker’s mysterious arrival is handled deftly in Crane’s musings. This is quality story-telling across all aspects of writing and it’s beyond me to offer anything constructive.

Finally, due to that chickenpox infection, the Joker is so going to get shingles later in life. Great story.
ghostboi chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
haha This was awesome _
Dawn of the New Year chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This was a fun story! I could so see the look on Batman's face when he saw the two of them!
morph chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
He made it as far as the fire escape, when his getaway was suddenly put to an end as he ran into something tall, powerful, and covered in Kevlar. He didn't have to look up to know it was the Batman, who had somehow found this hideout, a clear and unmistakable sign that the universe itself was against him.

"You're going back to…" The Bat trailed off, eyes behind the mask widening by just a fraction as he took in Jonathan's spotted appearance. The door was thrown open again, and the Joker limped out, his fury apparently not enough to overcome the pain running caused. He stared at the Batman, a smile flickering across his face before he sunk to his knees, hands over his groin.

"…Arkham," he finished, his growl unable to sufficiently hide his confusion. "The both of you."

It occurred to Jonathan that the asylum's infirmary ought to have calamine, or some other form of relief. As well as a solitary cell for someone like the Joker. "Fine by me," he said, and then, by complete accident but with uncharacteristically perfect timing, sneezed in the Batman's face.

***

That bit had me laughing until I cried. Bravo you! I feel bad for their pain, yet the whole thing was just too damn funny. Shows that I'm just a little bit evil too.

I adore your writing style. You write fantastic banter. XD
Scram chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
i enjoyed this. very much. in fact, i enjoyed it so much that i was laughing and my dad came in and asked me what was wrong because he thought i was crying...
Raelin Lupin chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
LOL. This is my new favorite story ever.

The Scarecrow doesn't handle love very well, does he?

The image of Joker huddling under a million blankets and not sharing is too funny.

I love this.
Ichireiro chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
._. I'm glad that I had chicken pox when I was younger.

..Well. This thing. I don't even know what to SAY about this thing. It's safe to say that I've taken to reviewing every story that I read by you, so I wanna say something insightful or intellegent, but I honestly can't think of anything.

It was funny. Woo. That's the best my brain can come up with at the moment unfortunately.
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
The Joker got what he deserved... too bad that Crane got caught in the crossfire?
jaguar69 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
hehehe more or a sequal please?
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »