Reviews for Gob's Journey
Taliatoennien chapter 8 . 11/8/2013
This was wonderful, start to finish. I love the way that you play with point of view. Just as I'm starting to fall in love with Samantha, and Samantha/Charon, you come up with a story that, while still all about Samantha/Charon seen through another's eyes, is even more fundamentally about Gob's own identity. I'm not sure if she even did this consciously, but it seemed to me that Samantha was allowing Gob chance after chance to step up and shine, and even when he kept failing, she kept giving him those chances even though it put Charon at risk as well. Charon astounded me with his strength. Who can wax philosophical about slavery while three-quarters dead and at the same time winning shooting matches from a stretcher? Samantha's rapid change between girl and cold-blooded killer were both beautiful and heart-wrenching. I think this would still have been an awesome story if it had revolved only around the development between those two. But it seemed to me that Gob's rambles to Dr. Elizabeth was the point where Gob came to the forefront of the story. I love how even earlier, even though Gob found himself paralyzed with fear regularly, he never deliberately abandoned Samantha or Charon, even when he thought about it and even when he was sure he would die if he did not. And then he poured out his heart and all his random stories just to keep himself from fainting with fear even though it didn't seem as if it would do a bit of good, and that was what saved him. I adored the ending. The way that Nova did fall in love with him in a very real sense, just not the same sense as traditional human couples. I think they'll be good for each other, and their children.
RagnartheSemiGreen chapter 8 . 10/28/2013
An amazingly cute story that certainly gave me my daily ration of feels. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Kap chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
i wasn't going to reply, i rarely do, but i find i must. The whole time Moriarty was going on and on demanding more, all i could think was "good god just shoot the sleaze-bag!". I was starting to think you wouldn't go that way but then-BAM!-goo pile. :D Thank you for that, I would have been so sad and disappointed if you hadn't. So overall, Great job you rule! :D
Lakritzwolf chapter 8 . 4/18/2011
Oh. My. God. This is so...

forgive me.

...*snif*

*clears throat*

I read this all in one go, and my tea got cold, and I made another one, and it got cold too...

Wow. Just wow. Had anyone asked me is it possible to combine Fallout and Fairy tale, I'd have said no. And laughed. But you did it. I'm amazed. And happy.

Thanks for this story, it made my day. And my night.

Thank you.
Old Jack City chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
Yes that was an awesome story! I honestly got all warm and fuzzy at the end, you really did great. I can't think of any improvements I can make, but don't let that give you a big head! Hahaha jk jk, seriously though great job bro
A chapter 8 . 12/11/2010
I really enjoyed this history. You always manage to write believable characters, including the Lone Wanderer herself, personally, I can't stand the innocent, naive, sweet or happy-go-lucky characterization she gets, specially when paired with Charon.

The ending was sweet :) It's good to see Gob finally happy.
ChocoChipBiscuit chapter 8 . 12/9/2010
I loved this Wasteland fairy-tale, and think you really captured Nova and Gob. The Lone Wanderer is enigmatic as always, but I liked how you painted her as a somewhat more practical, worldly hero than the usual 'good' naive little Vaultie. Also loved the Charon/LW subtext, and I normally don't consider myself a ghoulie fan.
CaryFairy chapter 8 . 8/28/2010
I got a little teary eyed. This kind of fluff isn't soft like cotton candy, it's like fiberglass insulation. And I loved every minute of reading it.

I've got an unhealthy Gob/Nova obsession, that helped too.
sarcasticrocker86 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I read this about a year ago and it's always been a love of mine just as Not to Reason Why is. You captured Gob's character as well as all of the others' so well. It's detailed and enthralling and interesting. This whole fic is filled with a desire to read more and more.

I'm not usually a fan of FLW, but instead of a starry-eyed teenage main character, you've created a new kind of entity in her. Gob is portrayed just as he is in the game and I am beyond happy to see him growing a little in his courage as the fic plays roll out.

Your action scenes do not drag, but you play it as it is. You did an excellent job on the whole thing that makes it seem professional.

All in all, awesome job. I enjoyed this story from beginning to end, and it is stories like this that inspired my own writing endeavors. Thank you for the entertainment and the inspiration.
DarkHunter643 chapter 8 . 7/15/2010
awwww what a happy ending!
DarkHunter643 chapter 2 . 7/14/2010
wow this is one of the best stories I've ever read!
Ultimate Telos chapter 8 . 6/19/2010
Just finished chapter eight and thought I'd review the story again, considering I've finished it.

In a nutshell, it was absolutely amazing.

All the tenseness and violence of the first seven chapters were very nicely summed up with the romance of chapter eight. I felt so happy for Gob when he got together with Nova at the end.

10/10, Atiaran. You should be a professional author. If I saw "Gob's Journey" in a bookstore I would not hesistate to buy it. Please write more Fallout fan fiction. )
Nickole chapter 8 . 6/18/2010
This was absoluetly the most amazing story I have ever read. If you ever make more, I WILL read and review. Your writting skills kept me on my laptop non-stop. Your a gifted writter and I hope you continue:)
Ultimate Telos chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I've only read the first chapter and already I'm hooked on this amazing story! Awesome job, Atiaran!

I think this makes an excellent sequel of sorts to 'Hope', which I also thought was fabulous. I was so glad to see Samantha finally stick it to Moriarty, and it's nice Gob is able to fulfil his desire and travel with Samantha.

First-class work. Keep it up!
jo7787 chapter 7 . 5/26/2010
This chapter and this story was spectacular. Charon's reaction to Samantha when he sees her...D'awwwwwwwww.

Best Gob story. Ever.